1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Strategy (AI) 2.0

Making AI better. One bit at a time.

1. MightyJannissary

MightyJannissary Chieftain

Hi Infixo, I need your help. Errors 1919,1945,962 from realstrategy.lua, my lua log is filled with them. I added a custom policy through sql and implemented it in your code, is that the issue here? Policy is named LAND_PROD_1, you can find how I implemented the policy to your code in the params.sql that I uploaded with logs. It gives 50% production toward siege and cavalry units. Looking at the realstrategy.lua these seem to be about naval strategies, I didn't notice problems in game as I was playing with Mongolia. https://easyupload.io/h84i4y , I uploaded my database, modding and lua logs along with the edited params.sql from your mod. Standard size Terra map with standard settings, deity difficulty. Barbarian Clans and Dramatic Ages enabled. Persia, Eleanor France, Mongolia, Pericles Greece, Poland, Georgia, Gran Colombia, Byzantium was in the game. Hope it helps.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
  2. MightyJannissary

Played another game but this time only mod enabled was real strategy and it still produced lua callstack error for 1919 1945th lines.

3. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@MightyJannissary What kind of game were you playing? Was it a domination and you started killing off all civs? The issue comes from the fact that the game calls strategies for non-existent players, probably killed civs. If this is true then I will have to add some sort of countermeasure for that.

4. MightyJannissary

Yes, in both games AI and I killed other civs.

5. k.electron

k.electron Chieftain

6. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Warlord

Hi I have added real strategy mod to the mod folder and unzipped it. It says enabled but when I try to start a game it does not show up in the list of mods in use.

I use slower tech by era and removable districts and not so unique improvements mods.

I cannot disable the above mods because I have custom maps that depend on them.

Edit I can remove mod dependencies by deleting them and saving for export. But I cannot add real strategy even creating a new map based on old one won't load.

I can use it when starting a new game but I need to be able to use with maps I've made.

I downloaded an sqlite but I don't know how to use it. What file an I loading and is it a project database or import? I just want to add real strategy to the mod dependencies for my maps.

Currently I can open the map file and select mod dependencies there is title and I'd buy no list of actual mod dependencies yo be found.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  7. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Warlord

This mod is there when I start a game xnd then unlisted on the save. After that it's back when I load it. Checking the maps.

New empty map select my map the real strategy does indeed appear then it is gone on the save. When I reload the map it is.... Gone. And when I go to play the map first it reverts most leaders in my save config to random. Leaders like germany and half others become unselectsble and the game will not load at all.

When I reload a new empty map it is... Gone. Even worse it wipes out half the leaders and I can't select any new frontier civs. Maybe version 1.8 might be more compatible but it looks like:

THIS MOD CANNOT BE USED WITH CUSTOM MAPS AT ALL NOT EVEN NEW ONES.

So yeah it looks like it's totally incompatible with world maker maps. What a shamr ad I liked your approach but alas I shall have to look elsewhere for improving ai.

8. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Warlord

Trying version 1.8 although I can play 2.0 just fine on regular maps which is definitely something.

I have been playing offline as my desktop is currently without internet access and my most recent version was the 3 new civs and 2 game modes from last year.

I downloaded sqlite spy and changed the not do unique improvements to real strategy and then changed the I'd as well... Loading the map it says real strategy but starting a game... It reverts back to not unique.

Attempt 2 new map created based on old one. Did not work.

Attempt 3 new map set to non mod, then original msp deleted (I keep backups) then reload the map and reselect package as mod. I mean if this option and new I'd aren't intended to change the dependencies what the heck good are they?

This does load correctly but just becomes unselectsble and half the leaders vanish yet again.

Attempt 4: brand new map. I selected continents instead of empty. Once again RS is there in active mods but gone once I save the msp. It seems to be there and work correctly with newly created maps. Then again I didn't actually change anything.

But I just made a map and I can't be bothered yo remake it from scratch. Any way I can export and import the msp data into a new map without taking the stupid mod dependencies with me?

Why is this like this to begin with? All regular maps are stand alone and can be played with any mods. I would have to remake all my maps. No thx.

I'm assuming based on it not showing up in mods on use and save games. It also is not found in sq lite editor so I'm reasonably sure it is not working and not hidden.

I guess it'll have to wait till next mfp I make but I gotta tell you. I'm really burned out on the lack of ai. It's a full time job just making sure they don't commit suicide settling their capital poorly and believe me they are committed to losing.

Then some of them sit on settlers others make cities but there's always someone who gets horsemen very early usually scythia. As a result the barbarians destroy most of the ai civs cities, sparing only the capitals.

(Side note the word capital cap it all etymology from caput meaning death. The barbs know they are dead anyway. Why not give barbarians cities? At least then id have to defend myself.)

Doesn't matter how much you buff the ai it just makes them spawn powerful barbs. Nothing can fix the fact that civ 5 needed no mods and civ 6 was designed to be cheap disgusting garbage catered to moms and only fun in multiplayer after the first couple games.

If I play the game with no barbarians it's even worse as they can actually be challenging at times. I played civ 5 for years and never had a complaint about the ai.

So I think I will just go back to making maps for civ 5. At least there I could name enemy capitals and city states whatever I wanted. I don't think it's possible in civ 6 editor.

I'm committed to playing the map I just made and my games tend to be huge epics that start in ancient era.

Edit: heh. They promoted me to Warlord Dyer making this post.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021