Real Strategy (AI)

Real Strategy (AI) 2.3.1

@MAXXXIM RST doesn’t change any gameplay parameters, only AI behavior. If you want to change some gameplay aspects because you think it would help - look for a mod that does that. There is plenty of mods already, probably there is one already out there that you want.

... AFTER 100 TRAVELS IT WAS WORSE !!! NOW GIVE 13-16 GOLD FOR RARE RESOURCES AND TOO MUCH FOR STRATEGIC RESOURCES !!! IN THE ORIGINAL VERSION, PAY MUCH LESS AND SO HARDER TO PLAY (TAKE THIS QUESTION)

@MAXXXIM RST doesn’t change any gameplay parameters, only AI behavior. If you want to change some gameplay aspects because you think it would help - look for a mod that does that. There is plenty of mods already, probably there is one already out there that you want.
... ... without RST they pay less at the "deity" level (check if you don't believe)

... in RST AI buys 1 horse for 2 gold having 40 pieces (in the original version for 1 gold)

... in RST AI buys 1 horse for 2 gold having 40 pieces (in the original version for 1 gold)
How AI values resources and other deal items is NOT moddable. This is entirely coded in the DLL.
It is probably related to many things and noone even knows to what exactly.
Tl;dr I cannot change it.

[QUOTE = "Infixo, post: 15898388, member: 276284"] НЕЛЬЗЯ изменить то, как ИИ оценивает ресурсы и другие элементы сделки. Это полностью закодировано в DLL.
Вероятно, это связано со многими вещами, и никто даже не знает, с чем именно.
Tl; dr Я не могу это изменить. [/ QUOTE]
... mmmmm danke

It seems with this mod, the AI is less likely to declare war in general. Is there some truth to this? Or is it a coincidence? I’m only using it again since recently

Just wrapped up a couple games with the New Frontier Pack, this mod (real strategy), and the extended eras mod.

AI behavior seemed good even with tons of time to produce whatever you want with extended eras. I narrowly won a space race (on emporer) as the Man on turn 480/500! Saladin was crushing science and I had 3 spies full time sabotaging his multitude of space ports. He also has 8 or so giant death robots. Fortunately we were allies...

Trust me this mod works. I had a emercency because i took a capital. Nubia completly ignored my troop s runned straight into the city and captured it. And yes I lost two crossbowmen on the double shoot promotion wich is awfulllll

Not trying to be impatient, rather enormously enthusiastic about this mod, will you be updating this mod for the new civs and game modes that have been released since the last update? I'd love to see the real strategy of ambiorix and basil and especially now with babylon confirmed and his eureka ability.

I'd also love to share my experiences so far with this mod. I'm using it in combination with the smoothing difficulty mod.

I've been greatly impressed by this mod and it usually means my games have become quite more interesting, at least. They've become harder too, but I'd say the unpredictability of the civs' strategies make it way more fun. Without the mod, on deity, it was usually quite easy for me to win, because I knew pretty much how the AI was going to play the game: usually just a very science-focused strategy, but instead of trying to focus on science as a yield, they always wanted all the yields. This was shown by the fact that they were always rushing holy sites, although this has been partially fixed the last patch I believe. AI could only win by having a starting advantage over me, rather than focus. With this mod, their focus is obviously biased towards their abilities, but they are also influenced by the environment and randomness of the game. Pretty much the way I play the game myself. I guess it's fun to play a game against someone who resembles your style of playing the game.

My experiences with the AI by victory type are as follows:

Science - Like I said before, now science-focused civs truly focus on science and puts less focus on religion, culture and so on. I've been beaten by Mayan and Australian now, and that wasn't because they were having a starting advantage over me. I now come to the conclusion there is definitely a reason for me to early war against potential snowballing scientific civs. Which was something I didn't really care about that much, because eventually I would always pace out those civs anyway.

Culture - Haven't seen any civs winning a cultural victory yet, or getting close to it, although I would say their performances have improved compared to vanilla. This is also partly due to the SD mod. I guess it's still hard for the AI to properly manage this victory, as it involves a lot of micromanagement (where to put Pingala, Oracle, faith income and expenditure, etc.)

Domination - I understand based on replies before, that it's always going to be hard for a modder to make an AI win a domination victory. But I don't really care that much, because the snowballing of domination is pretty much unstoppable anyway. If I would see a civ snowballing the world and coming for me, I don't think that'd be that much fun. Vice versa, I don't expect the AI to stop me from overtaking their empires when i'm going for domination, but this mod has made it possible to slow me down. Which is fun, because I'm not so much battling other AI, but I'm battling time. For example the focus of domination civs on building a big army, so that it takes longer. Or the focus of a scientific civ on science so their army is more advanced.

Religion - Obviously, AI is still not good at religious battle, which is essential for winning a religious victory. When I go for a religious victory, I make sure there are enough religion-focused civs in my game, so I don't easily win. If I don't go for it, I make sure there are not too many so that the AI does not lose itself in pointless suicide battles. I feel like the AI with this mod also has a problem with staying focused on religion. It's ok to shift between victory goals during the game, but when you do so after say renaissance era from a religious to another victory style, it's pretty pointless in my opinion. Because focusing on religion usually means, more than other victories, that you've been neglecting other yields etc. (What's the point of having another government rather than theocracy and civic Reformed Church and thus what's the point of more culture?). So when they do switch, which does happen from time to time, they're seriously behind and the AI finds itself struggling to catch up. I'd say religious focused civs should be biased towards religious victory even more after the Reformed Church civic or anytime similar.

Diplomacy - Love this. The AI has been very close towards winning diplomatic victory. Usually it happens when there's not a very strong Science civ and when I am going for a cultural victory, which always takes a bit more time for me. And time, with some diplo favor, is all what the AI needs to win a diplomatic victory.

Not trying to be impatient, rather enormously enthusiastic about this mod, will you be updating this mod for the new civs and game modes that have been released since the last update? I'd love to see the real strategy of ambiorix and basil and especially now with babylon confirmed and his eureka ability.
Would it be rude if I bump this up?

Idk if it is this mod or a general game issue (I started using this mod after the August or September update), but I notice that AI civilizations will sometimes create settlers and only settle a fraction of them then juggle the rest, even when there is settleable land nearby. This seems to occur most frequently in regions populated with City States.

I also find that civilizations will sometimes settle near a wonder (fair choice), but not follow up and fill the space in between the wonder and their "main homeland" (the cluster of cities which generally surrounds the capital), thus leading to an isolated city which is relatively easy to encircle and take w/loyalty mechanics.

@Infixo you've worked on the Behavior Tree in this mod, did you manage to use some kind of graphic visualization to do so, or did you only cross-referenced the tables ?

Top Bottom