Real Strategy (AI)

Real Strategy (AI) 2.3.1

... with Japan the same problem !!! I take away RST and all in place (understand)

It's an issue with the game, it's not related to this mod. I don't have the mod and this happens to me as well. This is not the place to report this.

Like I said - whatever you think the problem is, it is unrelated to RST because RST doesn’t change anything related to barbarians. Literally.

If I understand you correctly, there is no possible way that your mod could affect barbarians, because you have not made any changes in any of the files in your mod that could possibly modify any aspect of how barbarians behave in the game.

That's a little ambiguous! (sarcasm totally intended!)

Love the mod, great work Infixo. Please do not get discouraged by the PITA comments

... I play "marafon" and "8"

It's an issue with the game, it's not related to this mod. I don't have the mod and this happens to me as well. This is not the place to report this.
... and all right !!! I played 300 motions without it fashion and all was good (with him always pikemen leave from the outpost of barbarians)

If I understand you correctly, there is no possible way that your mod could affect barbarians, because you have not made any changes in any of the files in your mod that could possibly modify any aspect of how barbarians behave in the game.

That's a little ambiguous! (sarcasm totally intended!)

Love the mod, great work Infixo. Please do not get discouraged by the PITA comments

... glad for you !!! for me with it RST barbarians in general do not attack after the capture of their outpost is abnormally (I share the impressions)

... that I do unso ???

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    675.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 1.png
    1.png
    2 MB · Views: 273
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 269
  • 3.png
    3.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:
... I play "marafon" and "8"

... and all right !!! I played 300 motions without it fashion and all was good (with him always pikemen leave from the outpost of barbarians)

... glad for you !!! for me with it RST barbarians in general do not attack after the capture of their outpost is abnormally (I share the impressions)

... that I do unso ???

I maybe mistaken, but I believe that you may have mentioned that before.... Let me scroll through the previous posts... yep... yep... yep looks like you did.

... can there be this problem constrained that for me piratic version ???

And now for something completely different...

I know one game isn't really enough to judge a mod like this but so far I'm impressed, good job :)

I'll add some meaningful feedback when I've played more than one game.

I finished my first game, here are some stats:
I play a heavily modded game, so it was smoother diff. emperor, small continents, standard speed
only science, culture and dom. victories enabled

main mods beside RST:
- Quo's Combined
- the 2UPT part of Combat and Stacking Overhaul
- some other Real mods beside RST

so:

6 civs, 6 CSs, I was Sumeria
won the game with Science

end stats:

Declared wars:
Nubia 6
me 5
Egypt 2
Canada 1
Brazil 1

Units killed
me ca. 100
Egypt ca. 60
Canada ca. 45
Brazil ca. 40
Nubia ca. 30

Number of combats:
Me, Canada, Brazil, Nubia all ca. 900-1000

Units lost:
Nubia ca. 80 /I had wars vs her/
Poland ca. 25 /I kiled her off early/
Brazil ca. 35 /he had only AI wars/
me ca. 2-3 /well, AI war tactics is still not the best.../

Cities lost:
Egypt 7
Poland 6
Nubia 5
Me 0

Cities founded
Nubia 16
Egypt 15
Brazil 11
Me 6 /the rest I conquered/

Districts:
Nubia ca. 90 (!)
Me ca. 65
Brazil ca. 60
Egypt ca. 50

Wonders
Me 15
Nubia 9
Egypt 7
Brazil 4
Canada 4

Culture:
Brazil and Egypt was ahead of me most of the first half of the game…
Nubia got up to near my level in the end

Science:
I was ahead in a long mid-game (between turns 200-300),
but in the end Brazil and Nubia got up to my level (ca. 500/turn), game ended in turn 360

I guess AI was better than vanilla:
- AI went for legitimate victories only
- AI had decent armies (kind of - I mean, about the size I had... only that I can use it better)

So as first game, the mod is really promising! Only if war tactics could get a bit more effective...
I will go up to smoother immortal level...

@V. Soma Nice summary :) Can you zip and post lua.log. I am curious what where the valuations and guesses of the strategies.
Nubia has a bonus to districts and RST tweaks her affinity for that. So, yes, she is supposed to build lots of them. Amanitore would go for either religion or dom, so since religion was disabled, she went for dom as I understand. And she declared most of the wars, great.
You didn't have a real Science competitor. Lots of Culture civs, so probably some of them had to switch during the game.
Egypt and Brazil probably went for Culture. Well, Pedro could switch for Science if he'd fail at culture. [Edit. Haven't noticed that he actually did, great]
Question: how were wars spread in time? were there wars late game (let's say, T250+).
On a separate note - wars helped you, that is obvious. Try next time a peaceful play, and you will see how much more difficult is winning then...

@Jason Farber @MAXXXIM re: barbarians
It seems that barbs leaving camps and chasing player's unit is now a normal game behavior. I was curious about that, started a test game, without any mods, and out of 3 camps I destroyed, in 2 cases spearman left the camp.

So I used this mod in a recent game with quite a bit of mods and tweaks (every civ starts with 3 cities). Domination victory only. I decided not to build too many units to protect my cities because the AI never cares, right?? The civ to the south of me (I forgot who) declared a surprise war on me with 5-6 warriors just outside of my visual range in the first 20 turns. They took my southern most city very quickly. I fought and recovered that city but while I was busy fighting for the southern city, England to my north declared war on me and starting attacking my northern city.

Long story short, I legitimately lost to the AI for the first time in history and I am so happy.

@Jason Farber @MAXXXIM re: barbarians
It seems that barbs leaving camps and chasing player's unit is now a normal game behavior. I was curious about that, started a test game, without any mods, and out of 3 camps I destroyed, in 2 cases spearman left the camp.

... at "7" level of complication barbarians are in place (checked whole day)

@V. Soma Nice summary :) Can you zip and post lua.log. I am curious what where the valuations and guesses of the strategies.
Nubia has a bonus to districts and RST tweaks her affinity for that. So, yes, she is supposed to build lots of them. Amanitore would go for either religion or dom, so since religion was disabled, she went for dom as I understand. And she declared most of the wars, great.
You didn't have a real Science competitor. Lots of Culture civs, so probably some of them had to switch during the game.
Egypt and Brazil probably went for Culture. Well, Pedro could switch for Science if he'd fail at culture. [Edit. Haven't noticed that he actually did, great]
Question: how were wars spread in time? were there wars late game (let's say, T250+).
On a separate note - wars helped you, that is obvious. Try next time a peaceful play, and you will see how much more difficult is winning then...
Here is the lua file...

Attachments

• RST 2019-03-05 Lua.rar
    183.8 KB · Views: 237
Infixo, is there a way to read in any of the log files about AI air attacks (if there were any?)
In the Tactical_AI log...? what text should I search for...?

EDIT:
In AI_Opreation log I see lots of this, like:

309, 5, Attack Walled City, Op Attack Units Targets, Target 4, Owner 2, UNIT_FIGHTER, 17:22
Does it mean AI attacking the city with fighter?

and:

323, 4, Attack Walled City, Operation Recruit, 9 units, Recruited 1, Contract for: UNIT_BOMBER
Does it mean AI wants to make a bomber?

Last edited:
@V. Soma Yes, you can check the entire „flow” of how operations are executed. There are 4 logs involved, and each has a different purpose.
But at the end, there is Combat or Mayhem log. I am not at the computer atm, so I can’t check. It lists all combats and their results, showing which unit was attacking, defending, etc.
Operations log shows key info about ops, including how op is evaluated, if it is running, what units are doing as a whole. The key info I get from it is what units are recruited, like in your example with the bomber. The example with the fighter seems to be new. I really can’t remember if „op attack units” was logged pre-GS at all, your example is very interesting.
Then there is behavior trees log. It show how op is executed step by step, and allows for checking where op gets stuck or why sometimes AI behaves weird on the map. It is however quite difficult to read and contains bazillion of rows.
Last but not least, city build queue log. It shows what cities are building and valuations. You can check here e.g why something is not built. Usually because valuation is too low.

Last edited:
323, 4, Attack Walled City, Operation Recruit, 9 units, Recruited 1, Contract for: UNIT_BOMBER
Does it mean AI wants to make a bomber?
Yes, „Contract for” means that the order was issued for cities to build a bomber. There should be more, as this op needs 9 units to start, and only 1 is currently assigned.

I started a deliberately peaceful game, playing Rome, on smoother mod Immortal,
otherwise the same settings as before in my first game (and same other mods)

We have just entered the Renaissance, turn 165.

And the Cree have just said hello by sending their apostle through the seas.
Cree have 14 cities and 128 (!) science, 137 culture, 75 (!) tourism and 875 military - now that is something!
Kongo (my neighbour ally) has 10 cities, 51 science, 115 culture, 40 tourism and 660 military
Maori (my other neighbour ally) has 10 cities, 74 science, 113 culture, 35 tourism and 870 military

I have 9 cities, 48 science, 72 culture, 14 tourism and 450 military
well, I have only +1 campuses and +1 theater squares. I have money (good harbors) - but what can I do with it?
I start to go for wonders and great people…

I have 25 techs, the Cree have 35…

Top Bottom