Real Unit and Terrain Data Compiled from Civilopedia

Thanks for the new stuff:goodjob: Can't wait till i get home today from college and play civ 3 all weekend:D

Nice! Thanks.

Would you mind adding my table of Strategic Resources? It's yours to use any way you wish:

www.guildboss.com/civ3/civ3.xls

It's a simple list of each strategic resource, when it appears, where it appears, and which units need it.

what program do you use to .xls file?:confused:

That was nice of microsoft to make an excell viewer.

And very nice of LoneWolf5050 and KingSponge. Thanks guys for the work.

Great chart! Something to add - effect of railroad. The Civilopedia lies (it boggles my mind that they can keep mucking things like that up!) By observation, the effect of rails are, increase sheilds by 1/3 (not 1/2!), plus double the effect of irrigation. That last on baffles me, and ends up requiring a rail network carpeting your entire empire. Sigh to that! :(

This is a bit off-topic... Which program do you use to convert a file to PDF? Is that program free?

The reader is free. To make PDFs you have to buy the software (and it's not too cheap I don't think). I have a copy from work, and I work at home, so it's on my PC. Very handy. : )

You make a PDF by printing the document to file (check off the Print to File box in the Print Dialog in just about any program). That traps the printer information in a file.

Then you open up that file in Acrobat Distiller (part of the Acrobat software). Distiller will turn the printer information into a PDF file.

It's quite advanced stuff actually, and PDFs are pretty standard in the Desktop Publishing industry these days. Many publications are sent to the printers as PDFs. Adobe was really onto something when they developed it. Of course, they were onto something when they developed the postscript language with Apple in the 1980s too, without which there would be no PDFs, but I digress.

I will see about another revision of the reference chart once I get more information and drag myself away from a game long enough! LOL!!

--LW

Thanks to LW for the info.

If you want culture, it looks as though city improvements will get you cultured quicker and cheaper than wonders. Libraries and temples are particularly good value.

With most of the wonders, you have to build them for their own sakes. The culture effect is just a nice little bonus on the side.

Very nice, but the minor and great wonders are thrown together and no indication is given which is which.

Also, wasn't there supposed to be a canal wonder that was supposed to allow you to create a canal between two bodies of water? I may be a little behind on the information curve, so maybe it was dropped. Anyone know for sure?:confused:

Despite my nitpicking, great job. Thanks.:goodjob:

There isn't enough room on the page to put in subheads for small and great wonders, but none of the small wonders have characteristics, so that kind of gives it away. They are the first ones in the list.

--LW

Thanks for an excellent resource. Very frustrating for those of us who still can't get the game though.

I notice that Swamp has disappeared from the terrain types - can't say I'll miss it much.

More seriously there is no mention of Supermarket. Does Civ 3 not have the double irrigation feature essential for mid-game population feeding?

Just wanted to pop in and thank you, LoneWolf. A great contribution!

Hey I liked youre work so much I registered and use my first post to thank you !

The Persians will prevail !!!!:crazyeyes

Top Bottom