Realism Invictus

If you find immortal not hard enough on 3.6, just play Deity? If a given difficulty that isn't the hardest is impossible to beat it doesn't sound like good balancing, actually. So if you say that Immortal is imposible in 3.4, but is possible in 3.6, that means to me that 3.6 is better...
I didn't explain well, perhaps because I write badly in English, in 3.6 the cities are no longer defended, are easily conquered, the vassals at any level are dead civilizations, the technological development of the A.I. is slow after medieval era, A.I. attack you with few troops, you only need 30 units until the end of the game. this doesn't depend on the level, try 3.4 and then tell me, even at deity level it's easy to beat the A.I. in 3.6. if you say you aim to conquer.
Again, if you have a lot of experience with mods and are looking for a real challenge, 3.6 is not for you, but if you have little experience then 3.6 is great.
I'll give you an example, 50 civilizations scenario, look at Rome in 276 BC. with what stack does he circumnavigate Africa, to come and attack me, this will never happen in 3.6.If you don't defend every city you're dead before the end
then obviously it's a matter of taste, for me realism invcitus is the best patch, it's just that I prefer the old versions :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-01 160547 - Copia.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 160547 - Copia.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Must be circumstancial. I've definitely seen some great long-distance landings in 3.6, too. But either way, it's great that you have a version you enjoy.
The rest of us are pretty happy with 3.6+ and I think you can stop bringing up the fact that you like 3.4 now, we got the memo :p

"A.I. attack you with few troops"

I would believe if not that 300-unit stack that approached my city a few months ago, and that was just a part of their total army :p Only very lucky terrain and the improvised defense saved this game since the whole empire's safety was pretty much hanging on it.

Must be circumstancial. I've definitely seen some great long-distance landings in 3.6, too

So have I. Just take a look at my post/screenshots from Jun 12, 2022 (page 427).

anyone notice russia's grenadier (leib guard) significant stronger than all other
they have 13 str (normal have 12), 40% bonus vs gunpowder (normal have 25%).
combine with their UU Russian mobile fortress, which anti cavalry, can bombard city, can attack city they are powerhouse of gunpowder era.

found a visual bug. Italian Armored Car isn't animated correctly, when it moves its wheels fly forward in a very peculiar way. Maybe it will be fixed who knows.

I think after playing for two months almost every day feedback is necessary.
This mod is hands-down best strategy experience I've had in a decade or so. Maybe best 4X game I ever played. Definitely its the best civ experience I've ever had, basically it resembles what I always wanted civ games to be. The level of detail and complexity is just right. Its not over encumbered and not too simplistic, leaves some room for role-playing and experimental gameplay, not just abstract number-maxing.
If you like games like this, try play "Shadows of Forbidden Gods"

(sighs) it's a shame that the "global warming" mod doesn't work. it would be awesome if someone could implement it so that in the case of too much impact on nature, the AI either declares war or starts reforesting areas
1709839834825.png

"Because of overpopulation, which in Communist Indonesia no one cared about, and because of the increasingly diminishing resources, the first world war broke out.Empires moved against each other with the goal of taking over as many resources as possible at the expense of their neighbors (and not at all because Ethiopia, which was top2 in the table, tried to win culturally and as a reward was wiped off from the face of the earth)."

1709839880531.png

I also like the idea from "Broken Star" Mod that if city is big enough and get hit with this small tactical nuclear warhead it can survive, but if get hit with IBCM is immediately turned into a pile of ruins and rubble.
I have to manually adjust when both I get hit with a tactical\ICBM or I hit someone else's city myself.
1709840313766.png

Is there no error here? my separatism modifier is -486 in total and it is written only global -90
(literaly every town should the same reduce separatism modifier as Capital City.)
1709840558478.png

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make the "Resistance is useless" modifier optional, or only affect smaller remaining nations but not the big one? I think it would be nice to see massive and dominating empires seriously struggle with instability, and possibly break apart again.

Would it be possible to make the "Resistance is useless" modifier optional, or only affect smaller remaining nations but not the big one? I think it would be nice to see massive and dominating empires seriously struggle with instability, and possibly break apart again.

In my most recent domination win on Monarch, I still had moderate (though manageable, which felt appropriate) separatism issues from war weariness stemming from enormous battles fighting a well-entrenched tall civ to close in the final victory. I think that can still occur under realistic circumstances.

bomber way too OP
best bomber have very far range, max 70% collateral damage, cost only 400 hammers, role cost 10% , hard to kill, very easy to replace.
while artillery 285 hammers, role cost 20% , max 35% collateral damage, slow, easy too kill, hard to replace (cause you have to drive them from city to frontline, unlike bomber)
I could just spam a bomber fleet, disband my professional army and replace them with concript, cause with my bomber fleet, I could bomb enemies unit to stone age warrior strength
there is really no point of using artillery in modern age.
I understand irl, bomber far stronger than artillery but they are like cost hundreds or thousand more time than artillery
Should nerf bomber by increase their cost like, I think 3000 hammers is reasonal price, ten times artillery, for their overwhelming combat effectively

found a bug.
when tried create custom game
Random civ is russia
I enter worldbuilder, try create advance fighter, game crash.
It do not happen to another civ, only russia

found a bug.
when tried create custom game
Random civ is russia
I enter worldbuilder, try create advance fighter, game crash.
It do not happen to another civ, only russia
I had same bug with russian advanced fighter. The way I worked around it is simple. Your game probably crashes when you try to upgrade existing fighters to advanced fighter. First, watch the 3d model of the russian advanced fighter in civpedia. then try to BUILD it not upgrade existing ones. And once you successfully built it, upgrade then while they are not on the intercept/patrol mission

Well I played scenario world map (large. not huge) only 3 times, huge map once but got memory allocation issue around year 1600, I always chose small map for random games just add +3 civs. Not sure about the hours, one random map game can take 2-4 days. I don't like standard and big maps (except built-in scenario) they feel off to me because of how long it takes to move your fleet or army. Invasion that sails for a few years in 20th century is kinda strange. So maybe that's why it goes faster, less cities, less space.
So do you play with 3 opponents.
All together 4 civs?

What game speed do you choose?

So do you play with 3 opponents.
All together 4 civs?

What game speed do you choose?
No, with default number of civs for the small map + 3 more. Alltogether 10 civs on the map. Realistic speed. Revolutions and barbarian civs on. It gets crowded soon so ancient-classic war is almost always inevitable

By the time it kicks in, the game is basically won - there is nobody left to actually provide any challenge - so it's mostly for easing the final cleanup.
I think it could be interesting nonetheless, for example in some matches you like to play to the end to see how everything goes, or for multiplayer parties where a player might more intelligently sabotage the leading player into massive revolts. (E.g. via espionage, force changing civics/religions). But I can see how in many cases it would be desired, so having it optional would be great. :)

Is the "no ahead of time technology scaling" option bugged? For me, it seems to only turn off the icon next to the research bar without actually changing the technology research costs. I thought it might be a problem on my end but I tried resetting everything (short of reinstalling the whole game) and nothing helped. Specifically, I tried deleting custom assets, deleting the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling RI, and deleting the beyond the sword folder in my documents folder.

Last edited:
Any idea why the separatism advisor button doesn't appear to me? It is there, if I click where I guess it should be the screen opens and any information is displyed correctly; only the button is missing.

1710147745618.png

Top Bottom