1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Really Advanced Setup

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by General Tso, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Mizuaire

Mizuaire Chieftain

still didn't work :(

2. General Tso

General Tso Panzer General

If you are using other mods then try temporarily disabling all other mods and try this one by itself. It that fixes the problem then you have a mod conflict. Try adding and removing mods in a systematic manor until you track down the conflict.

Otherwise you might want to try verifying the game files in steam. If you are not familiar with how to do it: Right click on the game icon in Steam and select properties. Select the Local Files tab. Click on Verify Integrity Of Game Files.

3. SnakeRavenCat

SnakeRavenCat Chieftain

I'm working on a mod based off of this one. Basically just combining this with custom advanced setup to enable this mod to be used in hotseat games. All I'm really trying to do is add an advanced setup button to the setup screen, which when clicked would load you into this mod's setup screen. I've managed to add in the button, but it does nothing when clicked. I thought I had the appropriate functions in the .lua, but apparently not. (Tried copying the appropriate bits from the original "GameSetup.xml" and "GameSetup.lua", including the function labeled as "onadvance", and the files to be included, but it seems I missed something somewhere.)

It is possible to use these mods together as is, it's just complicated set up every time you want to play, so I'm trying to streamline the process by integrating the two.

Since I'm sure someone will ask how to get these to work together, here's how:
    1.) Start Civ 5, and activate all desired mods, except for Custom Advanced Setup.
    2.) Proceed into single player set up, which should give you the Really Advanced Setup screen.
    3.) Set desired options, including the civs to be used by players.
    4.) Once all options are set, back out to the mod menu, and activate Custom Advanced Setup. (Do not deactivate anything)
    5.) Continue into the Custom Advanced Setup screen, and set up the game with the same settings as you chose in Really Advanced Setup (Those that are visible on this screen such as world type, map size, civs, etc)
    6.) Set which civs are to be human, and start the game.
    7.) Enjoy hotseat with Really Advanced (though slightly complicated) Setup

4. General Tso

I haven't worked on the mod in quite awhile so I'm going on memory. Hopefully I didn't misremember anything...

I wrote the mod so that the standard single player Advanced Setup Screen is replaced by my screen. When ever the game tries to show the standard single player setup screen it shows my screen instead. This is done with two files in my mod. UIOverrides/AdvancedSetup.lua and UIOverrides/AdvancedSetup.xml. These override the files with the same name that are normally used by the game.

My files have the same name as the standard game files so that causes them to override the standard game files. If there is a setup screen for hotseat games that functions somewhat like the single player Advanced Setup Screen then you need to find those files and change the files in the mod (UIOverrides/AdvancedSetup.lua and UIOverrides/AdvancedSetup.xml) to that name.

5. SnakeRavenCat

SnakeRavenCat Chieftain

I got that far with it, the thing I'm trying to pull off is create a mod that would add the advanced setup button to the hotseat screen, thus allowing it to call up your screens. I've got the button in, it seems clickable, makes appropriate animations, but then does nothing. I've gone through the original "GameSetup.lua" and grabbed any code that seemed relevant, but it fails to bring up any new screen, or function in any sense of the word. Was hoping for thoughts on getting the button working.

6. General Tso

I guess I misunderstood what you are doing. Have you tried renaming the mod files UIOverrides/AdvancedSetup.lua and UIOverrides/AdvancedSetup.xml to UIOverrides/MPGameSetupScreen.lua and UIOverrides/MPGameSetupScreen.xml? If it works it would cause the mods Advanced Setup Screen to appear when the Hot Seat button is clicked in the Multiplayer menu.

7. SnakeRavenCat

SnakeRavenCat Chieftain

I've actually started at it from another angle which should be easier, but now I've run into a different problem. I found the tag in the original game code that disables the multiplayer option in the mods menu, and enabled it, thus allowing the selection of multiplayer/hotseat game types with mods. However, when you actually select hotseat, and then hit the host button, it unloads all mods before shoving you to the hotseat staging room. So, now I've got to track down whatever line is causing that, and stop it's nonsense before I can continue on, and add the advanced button to the staging room.

8. Valiullin

Valiullin Chieftain

I love your mod. It's definitely my favorite of all. Though, it just lacks in a "aggressive AI" option especially in BNW where AIs are milder than sheeps. Or maybe I've missed it? Great job anyway.

9. General Tso

Thank you I'm glad you like it.

Unfortunately adding AI to my mod would probably cause it to conflict with any other mod that does something with the AI. So it's better to leave it out.

10. rajnish

rajnish Chieftain

I can't change map size as well as its type. The mod shows blanks when selecting map size/ map type. It chooses "standard" map size and type "continent" on its own! What to do?

11. General Tso

There are several possible causes.

1. The Civ 5 cache is corrupted.
    To clear the Civ 5 cache:
    1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
    2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder. It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have. Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
    3. Delete the cache folder.
    4. Restart Civ 5, the cache will automatically be recreated when the game starts.
    5. You will need to re-enable the mod when you get to the Civ 5 mods screen.

2. The mod's database is corrupted. Try deleting the GTAS_AdvancedSetupMod-15.db file in "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ModUserData". This will also reset all values in the mod back to there defaults.

3. If you are using any user created maps or mods then one or more of them may be conflicting with this mod. Try using just this mod. If it works then add the other mods singularly or in small groups and then checking the game until you find the conflict.

12. andersw

andersw Emperor

Thank you!

This took care of some pet peeves, I can disable venice and england and I can get a full fat cross vision at start (just like in civ 4).

13. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

Can this be updated for VP latest patch?

14. General Tso

I have no plans to update this mod at the moment. Sorry about that.

What is VP?

15. ryanmusante

16. General Tso

Cool. I didn't know that.

I do not have the development system for this mod set up on my current PC so I can't really do any major changes without going through some hassle which probably won't happen as this point. With that being said I'll try messing with the two mods when I get a chance. Maybe I can figure something out.

17. ryanmusante

Currently many people use "Change VP Options mod" because of some of VP's custom settings. This is an example. I was hoping "Really advanced setup" could become VP fully compatible.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/change-vp-options.620079

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  18. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Haven't had a chance to play the latest versions of VP yet. Has anything become incompatible with RAS recently?

19. Mini Franki

Mini Franki Chieftain

Hey general,

That can be cool if you can fix the bug who that make impossible to decide if i want to puppet or annex a city. All cities are alway annexed automatically and without happiness penalty. That make the mod not very interesting to play. Its not reliated to happiness option because i got this issue with happiness ON too

thx

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  20. General Tso

I use this mod all of the time and I can always choose to puppet or annex a city. It sounds like you might have a mod conflict. It's also possible that you may have a corrupted Civ 5 cache. I have no direct evidence that it's causing the problem but I've found from experience that clearing the Civ 5 cache fixes mod problems more times than not.

To clear the cache:
    Make sure you exit Civ 5.
    Find the Civ 5 cache folder. It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have. Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
    Delete the cache folder.
    Restart Civ 5 in the usual fashion. Civ 5 will automatically recreate the cache when the game starts.
    You will have to re-enable any mods that you wish to use.

If you still have the problem after clearing the cache and you are using other mods then the most likely cause of the problem is a mod conflict. If that's the case you could try disable/enabling mods to find the conflict.

I hope this helps.