Realyn's Let's Play - Huge, Fractal, 18 Civs, Epic, Immortal

Great LP.

Now, off to waiting for updates!

Yeah sorry, I really was too lazy for updates. I only recorded the 20 turns golden age, which ended in enter, wait 40 seconds, enter, wait 40 seconds ... and so on.
When the GA ended in ~1410 I had infranty and declared on Russia and America who defended with ... archers.

So yeah, I usually finish all my games. But I don't think I'll play this to the end. Especially because the Mongol's army is 80% horsemen and I honestly don't believe he would run away with a space victory.

Ok.

Well, thanks for the interesting lets play!I've enjoyed it.

I liked the calm understament when 4 or 5 Civs declared war on you and the only response is "Bought a wall".

How much would you say the starting position of Egypt with marble straight away helped, did the wonders make a big impact?

I liked the calm understament when 4 or 5 Civs declared war on you and the only response is "Bought a wall".

How much would you say the starting position of Egypt with marble straight away helped, did the wonders make a big impact?
Hmm, well, first let me say that this was certainly one of my better games in terms of decision making.

The game certainly looked easy, but only because of some randomness:
-The most important thing was the first city settled close to Rome. Amazing food, luxury and production.
-One fkn big large continent. Everyone was at war with everyone, which slowed down the AI science so much.
-France declaring on the guy left to him(Denmark?) and not on me.

In terms of the early game, I don't think the Egypt/Marble combo had a great influence there. If anything, they helped me to snowball later on, grabbing every possible wonder.

I think the game was won at the point, when I conquered Rome and had a strong defense against Russia which just threw units at me. From there on it was only snowballing and trying to scout the other continent(s) asap.
I would have played on if the Mongols(or anyone on the other continent) would have been more advanced ... but sadly they had no tradings partners or smth.

Edit: I might start a new series tomorrow. Most likely only screenshots and text, unless some people want vids.

Edit #2:forgote two things: The 3 wheat in my capital were immense. Really rare to get such a good start. Also I had incredible luck with huts popping an archer und 30 culture very early

Yeah sorry, I really was too lazy for updates. I only recorded the 20 turns golden age, which ended in enter, wait 40 seconds, enter, wait 40 seconds ... and so on.
When the GA ended in ~1410 I had infranty and declared on Russia and America who defended with ... archers.

So yeah, I usually finish all my games. But I don't think I'll play this to the end. Especially because the Mongol's army is 80% horsemen and I honestly don't believe he would run away with a space victory.
Didn't you mention a culture victoryn somewhere? :D

Great game! I really enjoyed it although after repelling first big wave of russians the intrigue was lost. And the format is quite nice. You can cover the whole game during the lunch break which is impossible with vids.

BTW, I think epic speed played its part too. From my admittedly limited experience AI's awkward teching path hurts its military might more than at standard. Bulbing also is even more powerful. That being said great game once again. Looking forward to the next one. :)

Didn't you mention a culture victoryn somewhere? :D

I'm pretty sure a culture victory would have been possible. After the last turnset I had broadcast towers and ~450 culture/turn with 2 trees finished and 3 policies in commerce and 2 in piety. It's just a matter of pressing enter, wait a minute, pressing enter ...

I'm pretty sure a culture victory would have been possible. After the last turnset I had broadcast towers and ~450 culture/turn with 2 trees finished and 3 policies in commerce and 2 in piety. It's just a matter of pressing enter, wait a minute, pressing enter ...
Seriously? Didn't your 20 or something non puppet cities kill that chance?

Well, sadly I dont have the latest save games anymore duo formating. But you can check the last couple of screens on page3.
Before the 30 turns GA started I had 250 or so culture/turn and would have needed 4500 for the next policy. Roughly 15 turns per policy, right?

On the last screen of page 3 I had:

-Liberty finished
-Tradition finished
-Piety opener
-Commerce opener, reduced road cost

at around ~1200ad. It really is common misinterpretation that large empire !=culture win. Would love to give you the savegame, but you'll just have to check the demographics on page3 please.

Ahhh, to be young and in love with a game.
This undertaking of yours reminds me of myself, couple of decades ago with Civilization I. Almost like Columbus discovering a new world (well, minus the pillaging, the torture and killings, of course).
Glad at least someone is having fun with this game (not me, unfortunately) . Keep up the good work.
Best wishes

Top Bottom