Recession watch: May

]
And of course the article I just read blamed labor costs and perks, not bad management decision, for the meltdown. :mad:

Well, it was a bad management decision to give in to the UAW's demands over the years. ;)

I don't know much about bank ratings, but I do know there is a AAA rating, so I imagine many banks would rather have a AAA rating than a AA. I would like to see a recent listing of which banks are AAA/AA. I tried going to the Moody's website, but it appears I need to register (no thanks).

Note: I am kind of skeptical of the bank ratings. Didn't Citigroup or some other company that just needed a big bailout have a AAA rating until the day the bailout was requested/ordered?

I'm fairly sure the "big four" banks in Australia are all AAA rated. Given Australia's very strong financial situation (such as not being in an official recession), I don't expect this to change.
I think most of the banks in the world are currently worse than AAA, and therefore most are worse than AA, due to what I mentioned earlier.

Top Bottom