1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Refuses to talk

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Mizar, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Mizar

Mizar IM

In my current game, an AI (Gandhi) who is cautious towards me (-2 relations) refuses to talk with me because I stopped trading with him/closed boarders (a demand from another AI)

Does anyone know if there is an exact number of turns (epic speed) how long this "refuse to talk" lasts?

2. DanF5771

DanF5771 Emperor

It's random -- each turn the AI rolls a random number between 0..29 (MEMORY_STOPPED_TRADING_RECENT = 30 from CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml) and in case of 0 it forgets and will be willing to talk again. This 3.33% chance is equal for all leaders and independent of game speed and their attitude towards you. So this differs from the unwillingness to talk after a DoW which isn't subject to randomness but a function of war success, the leader's personality as well as the side that started the war.

3. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Ooooooh, that's pretty bad. Stoptrade requests are practically nothing to accept on marathon then, but potentially devastating on quick. Hmmmmm, seems to be a trend.

I'm pretty disenchanted with game speed scaling. Some minor difference is one thing, but because probably over half of the things in the game don't scale, quick ----> marathon is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME. It's not even worth comparing because the entire rule set is essentially shifted drastically.

I doubt it was intentional, because so few things actually scale in the mechanics, just the excessively visible factors. It seems like every game mechanic that doesn't show up directly on the interface doesn't scale whatsoever. What's up with that?

4. Mizar

Mizar IM

Ah, thanks for that :)