Regnum Novum Carthaginis

Subbed

Subscribed, :scan: should prove interesting.

Also, Welcome Americanking! Glad to have another [civ3] fan out there! Let alone, one who enjoys CFC's incredible array of smiley faces :crazyeye:

I'll try to get an update in this week, which will include the Middle Ages.
Spoiler :
I'm going to try to get a lot of techs for an alliance with the Incans against the Chinese. Just hope they don't have Riders. :shifty::hammer2:

The Viking-Punic Wars Pt. 1

In the year 810, the CRN Carthage finds the Germans in the Arabian Peninsula.

In 820, the scientists of Carthage find the secrets of currency. They start philosophy.

In the year 840, Hannibal makes a tough decision. He gets an alliance with the Chinese, which he openly refused earlier. But now begins the Punic-Incan war.

In 890, the scientists finish philosophy and start on Code of Laws.

In 930, The Incans get peace with the Chinese. Thanks for hanging me dry, Mao.

In 960, Leptis Minor is founded.

Ten years later, the scientists finish a code of laws, and start on a religion of “many gods”, or Polytheism.

Being irritated by the nearby Viking settlement, and seeing it has an archer for a garrison (really sad), I declare war.

And destroy the city of Molde.

Soon, the city of Stavanger is Carthaginian, but at a price. For the 1200 Viking spearmen killed, the 16th and 17th Swordsmen each lose 600.

I get peace with the Vikings for the city of Alesund, which I make them give up. (Sorry, no pic)

Finally the Middle Ages!! (It’s about time, too.)

In 1080, Madrid finished Copernicus’ Observatory.

Knowing they are an easy foe, Carthage redeclare war on the Vikings, and the Swordsmen of the 18th Division destroy Hareid.

Gaining another important port, the 15th Swordsmen capture Birka.

The Incans finish J.S. Bach’s Cathedral in Cuzco, and Shakespeare’s Theatre in Ollantaytambo.

The Feudal society was complete, so the engineers of the Carthaginian Empire begin on a specialty for themselves.

Now, Hannibal, being the warmonger he is, declares a third Viking-Punic war. Still, the first two were successful, so this should go well. Immediately the 16th Swordsmen attack Aarchus.

The 16th Swordsmen capture the city of Aarhus.

Thus concludes the beginning of the Viking-Punic wars.

Note: The Incans got the nerve to land on my island, near Stavanger. :clap: They had a Chasqui and a Longbowman, against a swordsman. Their units came out of the mountains and lost.:lol:

Sorry about this, but I had to make the decision: I brought the hammer down and I shall restart in a short amount of time. Same rules, but different start.

Well, that's not good. :cry: Ah well, good luck with the next game. Hope you get a decent start. Bowsling1 had a pretty good win with an Australian start, so I wouldn't say the blame rests solely on the start though. I think it's more of the early isolation from other potential trading civs that hurts you the most.

I agree with sparthage, taking more advantage of Seafaring and tech trading could've helped a lot. Furthermore, I think that building the pyramids was what really brought you down. Consider spending more energy on expansion than wonders/war in the early game.

I know, I know, building wonders is "what you do" but without cities to make them work they are something of a white elephant. I really only build the pyramids if I get a SGL in the early game.

I'm just curious about how Carthage did not get a coastal start. If you moved, why go one from the coast?

Top Bottom