[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

Hm, I started a game and built a monastery with a pioneer inside and outside of my colony. Works fine. I positioned a missionary in the monastery and it works fine. Natives crossing the monastery are bringing gifts (small amounts of gold), natives on raids are pacified and I could also get a new convert...so it looks fine for me.

Check by quebec. I must be doing something stupid.

Attachments

• test.ColonizationSave
    156.1 KB · Views: 58
You cannot build a Fort or Monastery directly beside another European or Native City.
You used to be able to do that, but the min distance was added because building a fort right next to an enemy city means no real siege warfare, more like city vs city, which was never the intension. Converting all the units in a native settlement is also an unintended strategy to conquer land.

That would be it. You could before. Thanx, I thought I was going crazy, and there was no mention of that restriction in the colopedia.
Thanks for taking the time to look at it. DOH

Yes, always thought it was overpowered, so the change is good.

Screenshot of the typo:

Edit: Strange. The forum allows me to insert a screenshot I made with STRG+PRINT into a post, the image is visible, but as soon as I send the post the screenshot is gone from the post...

I upload it as a file instead:
Clipboard01.jpg

A player informed me about the following strange issue: It seems that water animals are not re-spawned during the game (animals on land are spawned during the complete game). Has someone noticed this issue as well?

I wouldn't know, since I play without animals (they add nothing that isn't frustrating, in my opinion) to reduce the memory and processor load.
Doubtless I wouldn't have been able to fight a revolutionary war, even with the royal expeditionary force staying static from the start after I selected for it to be smaller than normal in startup, if the midwest and south america were full of angry pumas, and the seas full of the kraken. It would've just crashed like it did in previous versions when the royal expeditionary force reached multiple hundreds of units.

Hi,

i would to ask, if the desync bug in Multiplayer get sortet in the "neaR" Future, or take it longer ?
No offence , but if it take longer, then we start an game with 2.4 ...
If it get sortet in the next 2 or 3 weeks, then it make no sense to start an 2.4 MP game that spawns over month, if the save states not compatible and we move then to the 2.5x version if it fixed ...

Regards

Hi,

i would to ask, if the desync bug in Multiplayer get sortet in the "neaR" Future, or take it longer ?
No offence , but if it take longer, then we start an game with 2.4 ...
If it get sortet in the next 2 or 3 weeks, then it make no sense to start an 2.4 MP game that spawns over month, if the save states not compatible and we move then to the 2.5x version if it fixed ...

Regards
I think their current policy is that the mod is not meant for multiplayer usage, since they lack the resources to code and test it for good MP performance.

I think their current policy is that the mod is not meant for multiplayer usage, since they lack the resources to code and test it for good MP performance.
Actually it depends on who you ask. I rarely play singleplayer and getting MP to work in sync is near the top of my list. Sadly I have been extremely busy for the past few weeks and have spent nearly no time at all on mods :(

There was a declaration about not caring about MP, but I have decided to ignore it and fix it anyway :lol:

I also vote pro-MP.
IMO it's even more imporant in Colonization than in vanilla Civ IV.

There was a declaration about not caring about MP, but I have decided to ignore it and fix it anyway :lol:

Not really. A few months ago I thought that nobody cares about the MP. But if Player ask for MP - why not fixing the issues. :)

Is it just me or are farmers getting 2x food from water tiles as well now? I compared with the previous release (2.4) and this is new behaviour.
Also, will the new release include the DLL source eventually? I may be able to help with minor bug fixes here and there. Been having trouble getting the DLL to compile, but I should be able to figure it out with some effort.

The colopedia also needs a cleanup, since the last version introduced quite a few changes. I find it rather confusing trying to figure out what each military unit is meant to do now. I'd say overall the changes are good -- there were too many units previously -- but I had gotten used to the way things were in 2.4. For example, without the town guard, I find blades to be quite useless. I did notice cavalry no longer needed guns (which is sort of strange... a horse unit that requires the cheaper blades, yet no guns, actually outperforms a horse unit that uses guns, which are more expensive), but to use cavalry to guard settlements in the early game seem kind of counter-intuitive. It's also interesting to see dragoons being weaker than normal militiamen, but it's something I could rationalize and get used to.

Anyways the last part is not so much a bug report, so don't mind me. Just excited this excellent mod is still alive and being maintained. Thanks to Schmiddie for your hard work!

The bug with Farmer<>2x water food is fixed in the last relase ...
The miss infos with the millitary units .... mhhh ...
have found too that in the buy screen the values strange (compare to price / expecting ..) - but in-game then it is right .. maybe the info screen dont get all buffes in count to display the values ?

Regards

• Cavalry does not use guns - cavalry uses swords and fights with their horses (but we can think about giving them some pistols back) :)
  • Dragoons are nothing else than mounted light infantry, but it is simply not correct that they are weaker than militiamen. They have the same strength as colonial militia (as I said, they are only mounted light infantry).
  • Dragoons do not outperform Cavalry, Cavalry is stronger
  • Blades are not useless. You need them currently for cavalry and ships. Please have in mind that removing blades completely from the game woukd be A LOT of work and there might be developments in future that will consider blades in one form or another. So I have not and will not remove blades from the game.
  • Every unit has its different advantages and disadvantages - it is not only the stength that is important; e.g. dragoons maybe a little bit weaker but they are faster in open terrain.
  • Every unit is balanced in relation to all other military nnits under consideration of their use and character

No problems, like I said, all the changes I could get used to. The comment on dragoons being weaker is based on it having a value of 7, while militiamen have 8. Maybe I remembered wrong?
I'm aware that blades have their uses, and I have no problem with it remaining in the game. In any case, there's no real issue with "useless goods", since there are other commodities that don't do anything other than being something we can sell on the market. Totally fine by me :lol: I was just wondering if, other than obtaining guns or buying mercenaries in Europe, would I have to defend settlements with cavalry in the early game?

Perhaps I should move the discussion above somewhere else, since they're not bugs at all. Just to make sure I've expressed myself clearly, I'm sure you've put a lot of thought into the units, and I have no problem with them. I just want to check if my understanding of the game fits the intent behind the designs.

As for the farmer/DLL source inquiries, I noticed the file I downloaded was from Apr. 20. Just redownloaded and I see the source files now; haven't checked the farmer behaviour but I'm sure it's fine. Thanks again!

Top Bottom