[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

I brought it into the game just prior before the upload.

I uploaded a wrong version of an XML file.

I apologise for any inconvenience... :hammer2::please:

As a small compensation for those who already downloaded we will also add another small feature.

Schmiddie wrote in post #676:

I had this happen to me with the first game I played on a new SVN version about a week ago. However, starting a new game did make it go away so I never reported it. But it indicates that the problem was there previous to the new release.

Can you remember which nation you have played? This info could help a lot.

Ugh, going back to the menu thing..
I had that error too but since I -do not use it-, I didn't notice until it was blatantly pointed out.

Schmiddie asked in post #683:
Can you remember which nation you have played? This info could help a lot.
Ah, I checked and I do have a graphic record of this. I played the Dutch. Sorry, I cannot recall which SVN version. I checked with resolutions 1024x768 and 1920x1200 and got the dock error with both. I then reloaded the game playing each of the other nationalities: Danish, French, Portuguse, and Spanish, and did not get the dock problem. I also did not get it when starting a new game with the Dutch so it may be related to first playing with the SVN version rather than with the nationality. Anyway, here's the screenshot of the Dutch European dock without the goods panel:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

I brought it into the game just prior before the upload.

I uploaded a wrong version of an XML file.

I apologise for any inconvenience... :hammer2::please:

As a small compensation for those who already downloaded we will also add another small feature.

Would it be possible to upload the respective xml-file for those who already dl'ed the mod? :)

Would it be possible to upload the respective xml-file for those who already dl'ed the mod? :)

We already added a new feature (Growing Improvement) also. ;)

We are testing it in these minutes.

After that a new version of Release 1.2 will be uploaded.
(Since this morning after the upload of Release 1.2 also other small improvements have been done.)

Please get the new version, once it is uploaded. :thumbsup:

Ray, might want to give Mounted Conquistidors the ability to benefit from Simon Bolivar too :).

Ray, might want to give Mounted Conquistidors the ability to benefit from Simon Bolivar too :).

Already done. :thumbsup:
(Was just too busy to post a lot, because I was implementing and testing "Growing Improvements".)

That was not changed in our mod. :dunno:
And I have seen behaviour like this in Vanilla and TAC, too.

Well yes, if you have get a treasure on a plot (or an area) that is completely surrounded by Peaks, the treasure is locked.
Not really a "bug". It is as the feature behaves.
Simply bad luck.

Oh, I never really played much vanilla Col because it was, well, dull.

Anyways, keep up the good work, the more I play (and get used to) R&R, the more I like it. I can see it becoming quite addictive.

Anyways, keep up the good work, the more I play (and get used to) R&R, the more I like it. I can see it becoming quite addictive.

You should get the new Release 1.2. ;)

Playing as the Danish in v1.2

I got a vet soldier on the docks, I spent the money and turned him into a dragoon, and
he got replaced by a pink square standing on the docks instead of a dragoon. I clicked on him, sold the horses and the image of a soldier replaced the pink block.

I got a vet soldier on the docks, I spent the money and turned him into a dragoon, and
he got replaced by a pink square standing on the docks instead of a dragoon. I clicked on him, sold the horses and the image of a soldier replaced the pink block.

Thanks for reporting. :thumbsup:
I will check.

It is probably simply a small error in the reference of the 2D City-Graphic.
(The 3D Graphic and the Unit itself should work.)

Edit:
Found and fixed. :)
(It is corrected in SVN.)

To fix this for yourself, please go to this file:

...\Religion_and_Revolution\Assets\XML\ArtCIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

and change:
<FullLengthIcon>,Art/Interface/Screens/City_Management/Denmark_artstyle_denmark_vet_dragoon.dds</FullLengthIcon>

to:
<FullLengthIcon>,Art/Interface/Screens/City_Management/Denmark_artstyle_vet_dragoon.dds</FullLengthIcon>

Oh.
I see.
Fishing boats are so OP that Denmark doesn't get the seafaring bonus for them huh?
:(

To fix this for yourself, please go to this file:

...\Religion_and_Revolution\Assets\XML\ArtCIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
the full path is ...\Religion_and_Revolution\Assets\XML\Art\ArtCIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
:crazyeye:

Thank you for fixing the bug that quickly, Ray & Team!
Checkin' out release 1.2 right now... :worship:

Schmiddie asked in post #683:

Ah, I checked and I do have a graphic record of this. I played the Dutch. Sorry, I cannot recall which SVN version. I checked with resolutions 1024x768 and 1920x1200 and got the dock error with both. I then reloaded the game playing each of the other nationalities: Danish, French, Portuguse, and Spanish, and did not get the dock problem. I also did not get it when starting a new game with the Dutch so it may be related to first playing with the SVN version rather than with the nationality. Anyway, here's the screenshot of the Dutch European dock without the goods panel:
Spoiler :

[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you! I will check this.

Presumably the problem relates to an incorrect graphic file of the military units. We have tested all units, but it cannot be excluded that one of the files still is flawed. So the bug could appear again.

EDIT: I have checked all Dutch military units again - they are all ok.

OH NOES!

I found got a CTD while playing the Danes.

Here is my save.

May need to establish a colony ( where the free colonist stops moving )for 140 gold to repeat it. /shrug. Otherwise I have not repeated the CTD.

Happened again while quick zooming to danish colonies from an native village far off after using a Go command.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1544-January.ColonizationSave
    900.7 KB · Views: 51
I found got a CTD while playing the Danes.

Here is my save.

I have played 10 rounds but cannot reproduce a CTD.
(I had established the colony and payed 140 gold to the Natives.)

Everything worked fine. :dunno:

Top Bottom