[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

EOh PS, I've checked in your "peaks" fix already. So, officially that should be the end of our bug fixing. I was just leaving the "improvement" issue as on open challenge for anyone who wishes to further improve the game, but personally I'm fine with the way it's playing now, barring further major bugs. :goodjob:

And thanks to all you guys for your testing and support. Also @Marla_Singer, great job with doing some rigorous testing so far.

Are you using a wide-screen resolution ingame ?
(Like 1920x1080.)
Yes, maybe that's the issue. A shame wide-screen isn't properly supported though. I thought most people are on wide-screen these days.

Edit1:
Wait, I tested the resolution you're using and the issue still persists. Check this image. You will notice fort is not an option.

Maybe that has to do with the 1-plot rule between city and fort? :blush: Maybe I was tired after all to have forgotten you'd added that.

Although, I still don't get why i can't build a pasture on a forested tile straight away like i can do a farm (chop+build), instead of manually chopping and building.

Maybe that has to do with the 1-plot rule between city and fort? :blush: Maybe I was tired after all to have forgotten you'd added that.

Ok. :)

So you probably tried to build directly next to a Native Village (newly forbidden) or in foreign territory (never possible).

Although, I still don't get why i can't build a pasture on a forested tile straight away like i can do a farm (chop+build), instead of manually chopping and building.

That is very simple to explain. It is related to the "PrereqYields" defined in XML of that Improvment.
(Currently don't know the exact name of the tag.)

The Improvment requires at least 1 Food Yield on that plot if I remember correctly.
(And with Forrest on the Plot, there is no Food Yield available.)

Please do not do any changes to the XML of that Improvment though.
(There are really good reasons to leave it as it is.)

Ok. :)
That is very simple to explain. It is related to the "PrereqYields" defined in XML of that Improvment.
(Currently don't know the exact name of the tag.)

The Improvment requires at least 1 Food Yield on that plot if I remember correctly.
(And with Forrest on the Plot, there is no Food Yield available.)

Please do not do any changes to the XML of that Improvment though.
(There are really good reasons to leave it as it is.)

It looks like this tag:
Spoiler :
Code:
<PrereqNatureYields>
	<YieldIntegerPair>
		<YieldType>YIELD_FOOD</YieldType>
			<iValue>1</iValue>
	</YieldIntegerPair>
</PrereqNatureYields>

I suppose the reason is because pasture don't require "flatlands" like farms, so you'd need some way from preventing it from being built on peaks or deserts...Maybe we can simply remove it from peaks like we did for forts and then, the existing "requires terrain" will do the remaining job of constraining it to "grassy" terrain. Or maybe there are other reason which i'm not familiar with (like pastures improving different yields based on base plot - sheep on hills, cows\horses on flatlands, etc. :dunno:). I'm not changing anything. Just thinking aloud.

@team and partners:

Just wanted to explain my commit today.
(In SVN the diff looks a bit strange.)

I had only resorted Builds and Improvments in XML a bit.
(e.g. Lodge is now moved further in the beginning of the XML file.)

The new order of Builds might improve AI behaviour a tiny bit.
(Because more important Builds are checked first.)

The new order of Improvments was simply done because the file was a bit messed up.

Also checked this several times to make sure that I did not introduce any error.

----------

Otherwise there is no change made.
(So players should not notice any changes at all.)

I've downloaded version 2.3 and am playing Peter Stuyvesant. I think it is just happening with Royal artillery, but will check this evening.

^^ I don't have access to RAR this evening, but during my tests several days ago, I've indeed noticed that the Dutch Royal artillery was the only "royal" artillery which was using the "heavy" artillery graphics and that it wasn't solved by the 2.2 patch posted earlier here.

I've downloaded version 2.3 and am playing Peter Stuyvesant. I think it is just happening with Royal artillery, but will check this evening.

I have corrected that in the SVN.

For the moment you can do the following:

Copy the "Imperial_Cannon.nif" from the dutch_heavy_artillery_vet folder into the dutch_royal_artillery folder.

Is it possible to set up the SVN with public read rights?

Let us be clear I do not want to be able to write things, but making sure my own modifications keep working would be great.

Is it possible to set up the SVN with public read rights?

Modmodders usually get access to our SVN.
(It will not be made completely public though.)

Simply send me your eMail in a private message.
(I will need it to send the invitation that will allow you to create your user.)

First of all, thank you for a great mod! I've rediscovered Colonization because of it. Keep up the great work!

Recently, I've upgraded to version 2.3 (played 2.0 before) and I might have found some bugs.

Settings: I play a marathon game, pioneer difficulty, Adriaan van der Donck.

1. I can't seem to reduce enemy defenses by bombarding their settlements. I've tried with heavy artillery and a Man of War, to no avail.
  2. I love using the import/export settings. However, if I choose to keep more then 255 tons of a certain goods, the game gives a wildy different amount. For example: if I enter an amount of 300, the game changes that to 44.

I'd be very grateful if you could take a look at this. If you need some more information, please let me know.

The game is poorly balanced for any speed other than normal, though I can't say that it should result in the reported problems.

300 = 256 + 44
That looks like 8 bit truncation, though a quick look in the code says that the threshold is stored as a normal 32 bit int. This will need further investigation.

I have no idea about the bombardment, at least not right now.

The main problem with diplomatic events is that once they are send to the exe, the DLL has no control anymore.

M:C has a system where the DLL queues the diplo events and if there are any unanswered ones, there will be a button (with hotkey), which sends the first event from the queue to the exe. Since the possible answers are calculated when it is send to the exe, sending them one by one solves the problem entirely.

M:C also added the answer "let me think about it", which will put the event to the back of the queue, allowing you to get something offered, postpone answer to sell or make your own diplo event to obtain more money before you answer the first one.

I have no idea what performance issues ray refers to. I never found any in this code.

Well I am glad to know the Dutch artillery problem I reported has been fixed, but as one who does not have access to SVN could someone tell me what code I need to fix or send me link to the corrected file &#61514;

Top Bottom