• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again great news. :)

Infracta has increased the Downloadspeed for our mod:

300 kB/s if you don't have a registered User at Infracta.
(750 kB/s if you do have a registered User at Infracta.)

Hi everybody,

we are very ashamed that we have found another bug in Release 1.2. :blush:

We will reupload the mod as soon as possible.
We are very Sorry.

As a small compensation for those who already downloaded we will also add another small feature. :)

As I said, we are very Sorry for this. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

here you find an overview about our new feature "growing improvements".

When you build an improvement (farm, plantation etc.) - you will get a 2nd level of it after 50 turns (you must place a settler on it and the settler must work 50 turns on it)

An overview over all new / additional improvements in 1.2. For more informations...please have a look into the Colopedia!

Large Farm

Spoiler :

Large Mine
Spoiler :

Lumberjack camp

Spoiler :

Large Cocoa Plantation

Spoiler :

Large Plantation:

Spoiler :

Trapper Lodge:

Spoiler :

Big ranch

Spoiler :

Old Vineyard

Spoiler :

Spice Storage

Spoiler :

We hope you will enjoy it.

This is an excellent new feature well worth the wait for the revised version of 1.2. And I understand from the comments in another thread that the second level improvements will eventually be subject to the need for new technologies when the tech tree is eventually implemented, thus enhancing the strategy.

Well done to Schmiddie and the whole team!

Release 1.2 is up and running again !!!

Sorry again, that we had to withdraw it for a few hours due to bugfixing.
But maybe you will forgive if you see that you additional got the feature "Growing Improvements". :)

The growing improvement ideas seems excellent. It seems like it will probably make for even bigger cities, and allow smaller towns to increase in size. Downloading right now.

The dl is now considerably smaller than before.
Today at lunch time it was ~433 MB, now it is 295 MB?

Is this correct?

To be more specific, the dl of today at lunch time resulted in a file of 413,554 KB, and now it was just 302,169 KB, making for a difference of more than 100 MB.

@team and partners:

New revision(s) available in SVN. :)

A) PlotSystem from Willi
B) Improvements to DLL-Diplomacy-Events "Conquistadores" and "Rangers"
C) Bonus of Denmark for movement of ships also applied to "Fishing Boat"
D) New Sounds of "Wind and Storm" features from orlanth (also included in reuploaded Release 1.2)

@community:

If you don't want to wait for Willi's PlotSystem until Release 1.3 you can download it from here. :)

@team and partners:

In case you are wondering why so many XML have been modified in SVN:

I have been cleaning them. :thumbsup:
(e.g. removing useless "tabs" at the end of a line.)

@team and partners:
New revision available in SVN. :)

Important Improvements:

1. Native Village Placement (Map Generation) does not ignore Forrest Areas anymore.
(Sometimes beautiful areas had no Natves at all, simply because they were totally full of forrests.)

2. Native Village Placement (Map Generation) for Mapsize Gigantic a little bit improved.
(The Amount of Native Villages in that Mapsize should be a little bit more balanced.)

3. Found Values (Cities) for European AI considers MYCP (with Fur).
(European AIs often ignored beautiful areas, simply because they were full of forrests.)

-----------

This is an important update !
So please help testing. :thumbsup:

Please start several maps (different mapsizes) and have AI play in Autoplay for 200 rounds.
(Enable Cheats, then push CTRL+SHIFT+Z)

Then please summarize your tests in one post. :thumbsup:
(Tell me the positive and the negative.)

By the way:
I will be gone until Friday night.

1. Native Village Placement (Map Generation) does not ignore Forrest Areas anymore.
(Sometimes beautiful areas had no Natves at all, simply because they were totally full of forrests.)
Actually, I don't see this as a bad thing.
Don't forget, forests are quite weak in terms of food production. Furthermore, to exploit these areas you have to invest quite some time and manpower, because you will have to chop and chop and chop. And without roads, your units will be moving very slowly.

So, there are quite some points explaining why native don't make that much use of forested areas - and why it takes time for the Europeans to exploit them.
If natives are rare, the benefit for this effort will be that you can expand culturally.

Actually, I don't see this as a bad thing.

I do. :)
There were huge beautiful islands completely withouth Natives, simply because they were covered with forrests.
On the other side, there were almost barren regions with Tundra, that had Native Villages.

Don't forget, forests are quite weak in terms of food production.

They are not.
Natives can use Hunting.
(A Bonus Ressource Deer with a River does give a lot of Food for Natives.)

Furthermore, to exploit these areas you have to invest quite some time and manpower, because you will have to chop and chop and chop.

Natives do not "chop". ;)

And without roads, your units will be moving very slowly.

Natives do not use roads and do not have mounted units in the beginning. :dunno:

------

There are other reasons for the change:

A) The Native Villages not generated on those forrested Islands will be cramped in other places.

B) It was like a cheap exploit for Human Player to settle on such islands.
(AI is not smart enough for such considerations.)

C) It simply looked extremely ugly and sometimes senseless to have a huge forrest covered island with rivers, deers, ... but without Natives.

------

Trust me, I know what I am doing. :thumbsup:
(Please don't try to judge my work without having seen it.)

The problem was noticed quite a while ago by the team.
(It just needed to find the time to take care of it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom