Religious Units: Priests, monks, and crusaders

I'd like to use these, and they're great, but my mod is in the postmodern era (at least this release). I need an atheist philosopher in order to represent all the belief systems. Do you think you could make one? Or does anyone know of one?

I've never seen a philosopher on this forum, but there are at least two scientist units and several victorian era gentelmen. Not perfect, but probably could fit the role. And - not a philosopher but 100% atheist - Stephen Hawking unit :). That's all I could recall.

Hey! Hawking might be good. That's a good idea. Wouldn't a Carl Sagan unit be in order? That would be fun. "Millions and billions" for people who used to watch him on television. Sagan was open about being an atheist back then and every American household probably watched Cosmos at least ten times. Atheism really wasn't a big deal back then. It was commonplace. How in the world did it become so regressive and a competition between ideaology? It didn't have to be this way.

Link to video.
Thanks for the responses folks. I'd still like something that would convey it more. Science and Religion are not mutually exclusive. Don't drink the Kool-aid on that one.

Hey! Hawking might be good. That's a good idea. Wouldn't a Carl Sagan unit be in order? That would be fun. "Millions and billions" for people who used to watch him on television. Sagan was open about being an atheist back then and every American household probably watched Cosmos at least ten times. Atheism really wasn't a big deal back then. It was commonplace. How in the world did it become so regressive and a competition between ideaology? It didn't have to be this way.
Possibly being an atheist, deist, or just irreligious to me seems very different than being something like an atheist missionary. I also do not necessarily think being a scientist is the atheist equivalent to being a priest.
I think someone from this list would be more appropriate, since just being a person who believes in religion and being active in the church or missionary work are very different things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_activists_and_educators

For me when I think of an atheist activist (or missionary?) I think Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens and maybe Penn Gillet. But these are just people in suits, so for that you can use the Protestant missionary unit.

At this time I have no plans for an atheist missionary, I may make scientist units in the future, but not anytime soon.

Possibly being an atheist, deist, or just irreligious to me seems very different than being something like an atheist missionary. I also do not necessarily think being a scientist is the atheist equivalent to being a priest.
I think someone from this list would be more appropriate, since just being a person who believes in religion and being active in the church or missionary work are very different things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_atheist_activists_and_educators

For me when I think of an atheist activist (or missionary?) I think Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens and maybe Penn Gillet. But these are just people in suits, so for that you can use the Protestant missionary unit.

At this time I have no plans for an atheist missionary, I may make scientist units in the future, but not anytime soon.

We're in agreement then really. Still that's a hole in that needs to be filled. Maybe some budding modder will create one eventually?

I love your models by the way. It's too bad there's not a parameter other than the seldom utilized charm that could be used to depict the lessening of defense due to charm (here represented by ideology). Some could make something like a priest or imam to capture workers and so replicate new priests. I think some zombie mods do this. If you create a Christian worker or a Jewish worker or a Muslim worker that is the result of a priest, they're doing valuable work and yet they're cloning and so religious wars could result from this as it's changing the ethos of border towns. The worker themselves couldn't attack the city, but the priest/imam could.

Well done ShiroKobbure! Is Kobbure a surname or a noun? Shiro often means white, but I guess it could depend upon the kanji? Is it like hiragana and anglicizing a Western word into Japanese i.e. the more traditional use of kobura for cobra?

There's more lurking on the forums, but this is what I recall off the top of my head. (The last one is a bodyguard, but it's the only picture of James Bond I could readily find as a unit.)

Well the others aren't inquisitors but evangelists. That's why some famous person who communicates about atheism would be appropriate. Mao is practically demonic given he's one of the largest mass murders of all time with the purges.

Stephen Hawling is a very interesting unit someone created. I'd certainly like him to show up.

I wish there was a benign one as I DON'T want atheism to have any negative connotation as that's biased and unfounded. atheists in history were not that way unlike some of the dubious militant ones today.

The problem is technology in a post-apoc scenario is radically different than the sciences in the short run and more like ancestral skills. Think an engineer/historian that is trying to help in pragmatic ways versus prayer and ritual. That practicality might mean faster tech but somehow reduce other attributes. CIV 3 is quite limited versus other games. I have to think about it.

The second one from the top looks like a scientist in a lab coat. That might work best of all. In a post-apoc scenario, there would be major issues of trying to get the sciences going again. We'd see a new Dark Ages instead with who knows how long a gap before returning to anything like today.

Update:
Coptic Salidi (Coptic Christian Crusader)
Orthodox Warrior Monk
Buddhist Crusader Pack (Monk Horseman, Monk Bowman, Sohei for Japan, Tibetan Warrior Monk, and SE Asian Warrior Monk)

I hadn't realized how many of these you've made now! Very impressive. Looking forward to Catholics and Heyoka...:)
what did you need for the Catholics?

The Hospitaller Knight is giving me a debug error with the Victory animation, am I the only one with this problem??
There was a small shadow at the edge of the animation, this causes the game to have problems for some reason. I think it should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting it.

Top Bottom