Religious Units: Priests, monks, and crusaders

Thank you so much, Shirokibbure, for your attention to religious units. These are very nice. I've requested some specific religious units before - they have great utility & add essential historic flavor to mods (because there has never been a culture without priests). You can see some of my specific religious units requests >HERE<. Keep up the good work!

Two ways to use them

The building approach
Make the Church spawn "religion students" which are virtually useless, and not buidable by anone.

Then make it upgrade to a chain of Shaman, Priests, Bishops, etc. but make these units kings, and civ specific. It won't be possible to build them directly as they are king units, but you can upgrade the "students" to them, and each civ can only upgrade it to the religious units it is allowed to have.

And this way, with only one building, you have as many civ specific religious units as you want, spawned by building

The convert approach
I have "priest" units which can enslave ennemy if victorious, and create "converts".
These converts can be sacrificed.

The idea is that you can capture a city, you lose the culture and so the border is small.

If you convert some units and sacrifice them, spreading your religion, you can increase your influence in the conquered city, and expand your border.

Update

Please re-download all previous units, most of the updates are minor sound changes. But the Kannushi was recolored to look better in dark red civ color, and the Reverend got a new magic attack.

New Units:
Imam
African Imam
Vajray&#257;na Monk
Mah&#257;y&#257;na Monk
Theravada Monk
Japanese Monk
Hindu Brahmin
Tewahedo Priest
Roman Augur
Hellenic Priest
Meso-American Religious Student
Preacher

great master, shiro, please add a shia imam (ali in this case - i had no netter picture), just to underline the religious difference and uniqueness of persian history and culture, thank you!

Spoiler :

what about the good old biblical jewish profets? or some irish monks from the dark ages

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

italian religious leaders

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

a dervish

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

russia

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

number 3 is abyssinian priest or monk?!
Spoiler :

Added:
Priests
African Shaman
Armenian Priest
Jewish Priest
Rabbi
SE Asian Imam
Shia Imam

Crusaders
Generic Crusaders:
-Crusader Bishop
-Crusader Knight
-Crusader Swordsman
-Crusader Sergeant

Hospitallers
-Knight Hospitaller
-Dismounted Knight Hospitaller
-Hospitaller Crossbowman
-Knight of Malta

Templar
-Knight Templar
-Templar
-Dismounted Knight Templar
-Templar Sergeant

Other Crusading Orders:
-Sword Brethren
-Knight of Saint Thomas
-Militissa (female knight) of Saint Mary
-Teutonic Knight
-Dragonist Knight

Spoiler :
Added:
Priests
African Shaman
Armenian Priest
Jewish Priest
Rabbi
SE Asian Imam
Shia Imam

Crusaders
Generic Crusaders:
-Crusader Bishop
-Crusader Knight
-Crusader Swordsman
-Crusader Sergeant

Hospitallers
-Knight Hospitaller
-Dismounted Knight Hospitaller
-Hospitaller Crossbowman
-Knight of Malta

Templar
-Knight Templar
-Templar
-Dismounted Knight Templar
-Templar Sergeant

Other Crusading Orders:
-Sword Brethren
-Knight of Saint Thomas
-Militissa (female knight) of Saint Mary
-Teutonic Knight
-Dragonist Knight

I'm surprised not to see more comments on these wonderful new additions! :goodjob:

I'm happy to see a Livonian Brothers of the Sword - I can finally replace my substitute unit with an accurate one. With all these new religious units I'm going to have to integrate religion more into my mod - they're too good not to use. Thanks!

Absolutely stunning! There is only one wish: could you please add a simple worker animation to the generic crusader? This would enable me to finally replace the firaxis one (that is able to build fortresses).

O Lord, I missed all these blokes.
Lovely to see a great package of all those warrior monks. One could now perhaps put them into the game as Wonder buildings producing The Lords Own Knights. Now several Orders can be created, so not to worry if one isn't first getting the specific Wonder that creates a religious order.

Now I got several Orders, soooo Thanks Noble Knight

Absolutely stunning! There is only one wish: could you please add a simple worker animation to the generic crusader? This would enable me to finally replace the firaxis one (that is able to build fortresses).
Very Possible

With all these units, I'm increasingly tempted to add religion too.

With all these new religious units I'm going to have to integrate religion more into my mod - they're too good not to use. Thanks!
Steph and Civinator have great ideas for added religion.

But another use for the priest units could be as great scientists, or explorers (diplomats)

But another use for the priest units could be as great scientists, or explorers (diplomats)
Or have them use Charm and such hacked editor features.

Top Bottom