Remove Sean Bean 'Dawn of Man' speech

Mynex

Warlord
I thought someone had successfully done this, but I can't find anything about it now...

Did I imagine this? Does anyone know how if it hasn't been done yet?

I found the audio directory... lovely place to hide it, so obvious and everything;

<install drive/path>\Civilization VI\Base\Platforms\Windows\audio

I've looked at a few of the XML files in there that I think would contain something about it... but nothing yet... I'll start rooting through the rest of them, but like I said, I swear I saw someone had already done this...

anyways, if someone can point to me to the fix (if it exists) or give me a hand tracking down this bugger to remove, that would be much appreciated.

Take a look at the \Base\Platforms\Windows\audio\English(US)\Speech_Localized.txt file.

E.g.
Code:
24443253   DOM_LEAD_GAN   D:\projects\civ6\Civ6\Wwise\Civ6 Project\.cache\Windows\Voices\English(US)\DOM_LEAD_GAN_697BCDAC.wem   24443253.wem   \Actor-Mixer Hierarchy\Default Work Unit\Speech\Speech_Master\Localized\Localized\Narrator\DawnOfMan\DawnOfMan_Sequence\DoM_Civ_Speech\DOM_LEAD_GAN
should point at the .wem file for Gandhi.

I remember someone doing this already as well Mynex, now where and who?

@sp00n Thanks for pointing me at those files... You're first suggestion removes the DoM & the Civ intro speeches... have yet to look at the other file in depth, so hopefully I can find just the DoM stuff.

I remember someone doing this already as well Mynex, now where and who?

I still haven't found out who or where... It may have been a reddit thing too... yet I still can't find it now.

I really don't want to make a replacer mod, but I might do this and toss in the removing of the starting company logo's and strip out the My2K on the main screen as well.

Anything else along those lines that need to go away? Anyone even interested in this as a mod?

Meh, I'll make it anyways and people can use it or not, just like every other mod. :D

From my personal compilation of things to fix after each patch:
Code:
Turn Off Loading Screen Narration
---------------------------------
\Base\Assets\UI\FrontEnd\LoadScreen.lua
Comment out lines 268-273

A "little" time later, I think the line numbers have changed. Could someone elaborate what those lines were? I just think the game loads faster than that speech goes and would like to get to the start / continue button ASAP.

The start/continue button already appears ASAP, it's independent from the speech.

It... doesn't? Not for me. It takes a very long time for it to appear. (I have a not particularly fast but still NVMe SSD)

depending on the map size, the game can take a very long time to load, even with a SSD.

Top Bottom