Renderer Error

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
I just started getting these errors within a few seconds of loading a Civ V game, I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and all my hardware is running at stock settings, soes anyone know what the problem is or what it means?

I just started getting these errors within a few seconds of loading a Civ V game, I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and all my hardware is running at stock settings, soes anyone know what the problem is or what it means?

Could you please post your DXDIAG? Also, please try to set your texture and leader settings to "low" and let me know if your driver continues to fail. Thanks!

CPU + Ram were overclocked back up after I diagnosed that they werent the problem (Prime 95 / Linx and Super Pi stable) ...

Meh DXdiag too big - I7 980, 12 Gb ram, GTX 670.

Meh DXdiag too big

Please attach it as a text file ;).

Since directly related: If you're using the latest beta drivers, then you should revert one step further back, because these might be causing problems.

Actually I think I discovered that the problem was still graphics driver corruption. When I reinstalled it the first time, I just installed it on top of the previous drivers which did nothing, and I was also getting graphics driver crashes on the desktop.

I used driver sweeper to remove every single Nvidia driver, and then on restart my monitor quickly went black with 'no input detected' :x

So I reinstalled the drivers after they were fully removed in safe mode, restarted and it works again, and I managed to run 3 loops of heaven benchmark without any problems. Im fully testing my CPU + Ram again at their previous max overclocks to make sure everythings fully stable, and then I'll try the game again after a while.

Bah, the problem has started happening again. Solutions were only temporary - driver reinstall, turn off second monitor, set the game to medium settings. Each one of those made the game stable for a while, but then I keep getting DX11 render errors. DX9 mode works fine, but the UI and menus are terrible in DX9 mode. Heres a DXdiag.

I'm also still getting the error with low textures and leader scenes.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 677
I installed the drivers again and those lines are displaying properly, but I'm still getting the same FGXRenderer11 crash.

Hmmm, it seems now that the crash was only happening with MSI afterburner open in the background, closing it stopped the crash ... for now.

Eh, and now it starts happening again, all background programs closed, drivers correctly installed, stock settings, second monitor disabled ... WHY?

No I dont do that.

Ok, now verifying steam files fixed it ... again / for now :x

And no, it happened again :(

mmhh....

Hmmm, it seems now that the crash was only happening with MSI afterburner open in the background, closing it stopped the crash ... for now.

...did you overclock anything in your system?
Because it might be that it's running instable in general, not only related to Civ5.

Even when I set everything to stock it still happens.

I passed 3 loops of heaven 3.0 - DX11 / max settings, 20 minutes of Linx, multiple super PI 32m runs, and Civ V gets this render error within seconds of loading the game.

No other game is having problems but this one.

Ok there was something wrong with my PC. Yesterday EVERYTHING started crashing due to 'graphics driver has stopped responding' error. I also noticed that the card was getting stuck in its 2D clocks while playing games / benchmarks and running terribly slow.

I tried underclocking it to 900 / 5000 Mhz and the problem didn't improve at all, also after uninstalling the drivers, I would get a black screen on startup with no input, but safe mode worked fine so I don't think there's anything wrong with the graphics card (no artifacts and <70 degrees with the custom cooler fans turned up on the KFA2 version).

I decided to try a full windows drive format and reinstall, and after that my desktop was working without any drivers installed (no more black screen without drivers). So currently I'm getting all my drivers reinstalled and it should be fixed .....

I am having this same error. In only showed up after installing Gods and Kings. I will post my dxdiag ASAP.

Posting in a new thread as OP of the last thread complained I was posting in the wrong thread.
Moderator Action: Merged into a thread with the same problem.

I'm getting this a lot, usually in the late game. Screen goes black, music is still going, and when I alt-tab out, I get 'render error' pop up, but I could never read what it is saying.

Game usually runs well until the late game. Only started happening since the latest vanilla patch and into G&K

In vanilla, it would crash when I call up a leader right before it renders the leader.
In G&K it happens IBT

I also managed to nabbed the render error message after game crashed again barely 20 minutes since it last happened. Both times occured when game was transitioning from map to leader portrait mode.

Graphical settings are all on High, except for leaders, who are on medium.

Code:
FXGXRenderer11:Present failed=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
Driver Failure

DXdiag file can be found in the original thread I posted in

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=11625809&postcount=20

The patch that came out on the 14th of June has wrecked havoc in the coding of the game especially involving leader head "scenes". Some leaders in freshly loaded saved games from before the patch, switched to a different leader altogether.

There is the option to delete all .wmv files from the game folder and even G&K folder in steamapps.

There is this option:
1. Open up your config.ini
2. Look for the following line: EnableGameCoreThreading = 1
3. Change it to: EnableGameCoreThreading = 0

There is also those who still suffer from having non standard characters in any path that has to do with the game. Even the path under documents outside of steam.

Or you can wait for Firaxis to sort out the mess of the patch and G&K coding.

Every thing looks great on your end. I do have to ask, why vista. I understand though, buying a new OS every two years gets to be a pain.

You also could try going back to a later Nvidea driver.

Just an update. Crashed 5+x when Pacal tried to load, both from the AI trying to talk to me and from me trying to talk to them.

Also crashed 2-3x on Khan once or twice in this game and another time in a previous game.

Leader settings on medium. Never happened before and I've played 600 hours of Civ5 prior to GnK and the last big patch before GnK released. Render errors started after the last big vanilla patch when it crashed with Hiawatha.

Drivers are up to date. nvidia 301.42

Some people have had trouble with the latest Nvidea drivers. Have you tried rolling back to an earlier one? I said later, but did not mean latest. I was going for older.

Top Bottom