Rep Hit when attacking 'unknown' civ?

OK, here what I found out.
1. At 710AD, I got nationalism (Can u believe that Rome and France still in ancient time ?)
2. I made sure that I still could sell contact.
3. At 720AD MPP with Rome (which he gladly accepted of course:D )
4. Still at 720AD, declared war to France, and placed an unguard worker on the border, so He would happily attack my worker.
5. At 730AD, France attacked my worker, which triggered my MPP with Roman.
6. I checked the status, and I COULDNT SELL THE CONTACT :splat: By the time roman declared war to france, the system automatically introduce France to him.
7. Stop the test :cry:

Well, everybody was right. Its impossible in the standard game, only a mod with special utility (such as multitool). However, by using multitool, CivIII vanilla could make some kind of "locked MPP." like in Conquest (IMO, its better than conquest, if we mod the game well, we couldnt break enemy's locked MPP)

Hmm, this needs further testing, I suspose, but the common thread seems to be:

Any civs you know or the opponent knows at the time of the infraction will hear of your trechery.

So, if you know ALL of the civs, but they don't know each other, and you ROP rape one of them, EVERYONE will know what happened. LOL, in other words, your own people told the other civs what you did! LOL!

Thats the hypothesis anyways.

Kiech said:
So, if you know ALL of the civs, but they don't know each other, and you ROP rape one of them, EVERYONE will know what happened. LOL, in other words, your own people told the other civs what you did! LOL!

Thats the hypothesis anyways.
No, u might got it wrong. They dont know as long as they dont have contact with the victim.

Sorry if this is slightly off the main topic but it was as close as I could find.

Here's the scenario - AI Settler/spearman about to be intercepted and "converted". I had planned on declaring war first and then take the settler but they founded a city before I had my chance. i.e. - I end my turn right next to them. Next turn they found leaving me next to a new city.

I declared and razed the town - I assumed I took a rep hit and wasn't worried. Now I wonder what that counts as. I know when I found a city - I can't order other civs off my territory until the next turn - they don't "realize" it is my territory yet. So I'm wondering whether that applies in this case - did they know I was in their territory when I declared?

In this case it didn't matter, I was bent on wiping them out anyway but I'm really curious about how the AI interprets this action. Has anyone (but me) thought about this obscure point?

Not sure about the answer, but it's pretty much easy to recognize a rep hit - in this case, try to make a ROP with a civ that knows your enemy (and has actually a peace treaty with them).
Ignore your advisor and just click "accept" (possibly more than once) when suggesting a 'plain' ROP. If you have a rep hit, the other leader will inform you about the rep hit along the lines that they'd never accept the deal (like "we know what you did to civ X").

Yeah if you wipe them out before they meet anyone then they"ll never know. I do this all of the time.

Lt. 'Killer' M. said:
Catt, that is really weird... my test secnario was a bit less refined though.... Still, you did what I did and we get different AI behaviour..... :crazyeye: :confused:

This is necessarily bad? It would actually be great if it was another random factor built into the game. Sometimes they might find out, sometimes not. Or, sometimes they care, and sometimes not. I know most players like to KNOW how the AI will react so they can game it better but my personal preference is to have great randomness built within broad guidelines.

Top Bottom