Replacement(s) needed for 16-civ Rocky Pangea pitboss

I'm under the impression that a Permanent Alliance does not mean a shared victory, just a guarantee against military action. One of the Allies still has to acheive victory. So if America won religious victory then it would be America's, and certainly not Munro's.

I'm under the impression that a Permanent Alliance does not mean a shared victory, just a guarantee against military action. One of the Allies still has to acheive victory. So if America won religious victory then it would be America's, and certainly not Munro's.

I believe a Permanent Alliance does mean a shared victory. Take for instance a Space Race Victory, both allies contribute parts towards the same spaceship (they do not build separate space ships) therefore if the victory condition is not shared then how would you determine who the winner is? Or in the case of U Sun and Rusten when their joint territory and population is large enough they achieve a Domination victory. Or if they wipe everyone else out they win a Conquest victory. There is no way to separate any of those victories into one ally winning and the other not so there should be no difference for a Religious or Diplomatic victory.

My final argument would be from the Civilopedia description of Permanent Alliance "Your two civilizations essentially become one nation with two rulers. You each continue to have control over your units and cities, but you share everything else: resources, technologies, maps, and victory or defeat."

I believe a Permanent Alliance does mean a shared victory.

My final argument would be from the Civilopedia description of Permanent Alliance "Your two civilizations essentially become one nation with two rulers. You each continue to have control over your units and cities, but you share everything else: resources, technologies, maps, and victory or defeat."
Permanent alliance does the same thing that setting up a team at the start of the game does.

Teams win as a team.

dV

Baby Munro is due in less than 4 weeks now... time to give RL some attention (at least for a few months).

Congrats and enjoy (and wishing you some sleep now and then ... ;))

Baby Munro ... given your avatar, can we assume it will be a small keep?

(Son of Citadel ... )

dV

Top Bottom