Request: 1984 mod

moo cow

Chieftain
I have read George Orwell's masterpiece 1984 and would like to create a mod based on it. Here is a list of thing's I am planning.
Factions:
Spoiler :
EastAsia
Leader:Great Son
UU:Type 56, m-4 sherman, J-5
UB: Death Cult temple

Spoiler :
Eurasia
Leader: Comrade Brother
UU:AK-47,t-54,Katyusha rocket truck, Mig-15
UB: Communal Center

Spoiler :
Oceania
Leader: Big Brother
UU:Centurion tank, sabre fighter, m1 garand or springfield, bell-47
UB: Ministry

New unit's:
Spoiler :
Floating Fort
Rocket bomb
Transport helicopter
Armed helicopter
Thought Police

New building's:
Spoiler :
telescreen
warfare research facility
recreation center

I am thinking of incorporating REVDCM but i do not no how to do that.
I have got plenty of unit art made for the uu's and new unit's.
Leaderheads! I need some.
Here is a helpful map
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6a/1984_fictitious_world_map_v2_quad.svg

Your best chances to see it happen are if you do it yourself. Not to say you can't get help, but most active modders are tied up in projects of they own. What you outlined so far isn't to hard to start learning with - inserting/replacing civs and units is covered well within the tutorial section.

If you want to use a custom DLL (like I think REVDCM is) you can just take the mod with this DLL as basis and work from there. This way you make sure, that you have all you need and do not introduce conflicts.

As for Leaderhead art, your best look around what you can find/scavenge already in existence. Check other mods maybe - there are a few modern ones around, that could be of use. FuryRoad had some that I know of, but certainly there are others (Final Frontier scenario from BtS had some interesting style as well). Or you opt for 2D leaderheads, if you want something more unique.

All someone need's to do is compile is the dll for revdcm and all the programs i need to edit python,sdk and xml.
I can compile the UU's and UB's,leaderheads,flags and maps.
I have all the custom art done.

Why not just take the existing revdcm dll, without the need to compile anything? Or what other features do you mean by 'all the programs' ?

You can edit XML and Python with any plain text editor. Notepad++ is used by a lot of people i think, but there are others.

Top Bottom