Request Anything!

tommygun983

Chieftain
This is basically just a "request anything" thread, made for your pleasure. It could be anything from a simple resource to a complex scenario! Only restriction is that it must be for either Civilization V (Along with BNW and GK) or Beyond Earth.

AI's that can contact you in multiplayer. This has been done in Civ 5 (Active AI in MP mod) but not in BE yet.

As in, allow them to take you to diplomacy screen while playing with other players?

Nah, just send you offers using the standard MP diplomacy interface that human players use. As it is, AIs cannot offer trades, gang-up offers, or peace treaties in MP.

I'm no modder, but apparently the solution for Civ 5 is:

If you know how to disguise ur mod as a DLC using MPMPM, it's just commenting out a couple lines in the DLL that goes

Code:
if (!bIsMultiplayer)
{
... initiate dialogue
}

Ok then, just needed clarification. Will get to work soon! Can't do it right now because my computer is getting messed up and I've called a repairman to fix it. If you have a scenario/sponsor mod, ipI could plan out a lot of that. (Leader, unique units, factions, traits, etc.)

Hello tommygun983!
This is my sponsor mod Intermarium
It is finished, tested and works fine, all lore is done (about 10 000 symbols)
It lacks only two things
1)picture of leader.
I see him as a 40+ man with black hair inspired by this Ukrainian nobleman
Spoiler :

He can be without mustache, he can be dressed in military uniform or clothes inspired by the portrait.
But he must have similar haircut as man on the picture.

2)better version of the icon. I mean - it lacks frame similar to those on the default sponsor icons.
Black frame I believe would look just fine.

Will work soon! Also, I have an idea for a new scenario- Russia and China invade Northern Africa and the countries in the north become a dictatorship. The U.S., European Union, and Saudi Arabia take notice of this and create South Africa. Meanwhile, ISIS and Boko Haram team up and take over the lesser nations of Africa in the middle and become the United Muslim Provinces of Africa. al-Qaeda, slowly deteriorating, forms an alliance with the two and joins them. The three societies are now locked in war for control of Africa.
Playable Nations are North Africa, South Africa, and Muslim Provinces (terrorist Africa).

Hi! I'm looking for a Tech Tree mod to "fix" the Industrial and Modern eras to make more sense. The World War One and Two techs are jumbled about and mixed together. It bugs me that Railroads are invented after Artillery, they should really be before. The Machine Gun shouldn’t be invented at the same time as Anti-Aircraft guns, it should be in the same column as Great War Infantry and have similar stats. The Battleship shouldn’t be invented at the same time as the Aircraft Carrier, it needs to be discovered at least a column earlier. The Destroyer really shouldn’t wait around until the WWII era to be discovered considering where the Submarine pops up. I'd like to move some techs and units around to make it more sensible.

>Move Railroad and Combustion to the left one column, such that Railroad is below Steam Power and Combustion is below Flight. Thus Rifling and Military Science lead to Railroad, and Railroad and Steam Power lead to Combustion.

>Move Radio so it is in the location where Combustion originally was. Thus, Combustion leads to Radio, which leads to Combined Arms. It kind of makes sense, as Radio communication linking armored units is a key advance between the wars.

>Create a new tech, Steel in the location where Radio was, so that Electricity leads to Steel, which leads to Plastics.

>Move Battleship and Machine Gun to Steel. Nerf Machine Gun so its stats are 50/50.

I think that would allow all the World War One era inventions to be discovered in the first column of the Modern Era, and allow the World War two innovations to be the second column of Modern or first of Atomic. How difficult do you think this would be to create? Do you think it would improve the game or mess it up? Wow, I just noticed this thread is from like 2015. Ok, well I'm posting it anyway. I like the idea and perhaps I'll get around to coding it myself. If anyone likes or hates the idea, feel free to say something here.

Top Bottom