Request for extremely difficult-to-impliment feature

Libertarian

Pansophist
A button on the Advanced Settings screen, labeled "Save As Default" or "Save" or words to that effect. And then when we click the button, all the advanced settings that we have selected are saved to disk such that when we start a new game the advanced settings load automatically from disk and populate the controls.

Because this is so conceptually complex, and could take nearly an hour or two to do, let me give an example:

Suppose I were to select a 3 billion-year-old world and uncheck Save Random Seed. And here's the tricky part. When I start a new game, instead of having to make certain before I begin play that I remember to select, check, rename, inspect, and double check the dozens of available choices — instead of all that, I just go on about my business and begin a new game confident that a programmer of extraordinary skill and mastery has figured out how to accomplish this task.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions.

Sarcasm noted. Indeed, this is annoying. I think I recall someone saying it takes 21 clicks or something to regenerate a map, when it should take 1.

Possibly we could just have a separate "set up advanced" button below "set up game". Then you could automatically have a normal game configuration saved, and an advanced game configuration saved. The "play now" button would play the normal one.

Top Bottom