Request: Longer game mod

OctopusOverload

Cultist
Any mods out there increasing the amount of turns in colonization? I've been trying to play, but I'm a chronic turtler, and 300 turns just isn't enough time for me. Th best combination would be something like 600-900 turns at normal speed.

I guess I could try changing some values myself, if I knew where to look...

I don't know if the original poster is still paying attention to the thread since it's been a month, but I thought I'd pass along the answer I found. I too prefer slow, build-up type games which last far longer than normal expectations. So, I poked around in the XML files and found a way to extend the game's life.

The file is:
\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml

Make a copy of the file just in case. Rather than creating a mod, I modified the base files to keep things simpler. Open the XML file in Wordpad or something. The section you're looking for is:
<Type>GAMESPEED_NORMAL</Type>

Then scroll down to find:
<GameTurnInfos>
<GameTurnInfo>
<iMonthIncrement>12</iMonthIncrement>
<iTurnsPerIncrement>300</iTurnsPerIncrement>
</GameTurnInfo>
</GameTurnInfos>
</GameSpeedInfo>

If you change the iMonthIncrement to 1, the game advances 1 month at a time on the clock. This does not effect your total game time available before the king ends things however.

If you change the iTurnsPerIncrement to say 12000000, you will get 12 million turns. (I actually did this as an experiment and the game didn't balk. It shows that many turns until revolution.) Set this to however long a game you want to be able to play.

Use a really large number if you don't want any pressure to revolt against the king. But if you do this, be aware that the market prices tend to lower over time. I had one game where silver dropped to half it's original prices. I haven't figure out the fix for this too.

If you want to have the date make more sense, you can also go into the GlobalDefines.xml file and change the START_YEAR. In my testing, I set it to 1.

Doesn't iRevolutionTurns adjust the max # of turns till revolution?

When I changed the value of iREvolutionTurns to 1000 (from 100), the information displayed within the game did not state that I actually had more turns to play before the revolution must have happened and it's game over.

I admit I did not try playing out the game where I set it to 1000 because the number of turns until the end of the game didn't increase from the normally listed 300 so I just kept adjusting different things until I found one that made the turns remaining counter something other than 300.

Hey i used the edit of the gamespeed file described earlier.

But i Have a few Questions/problems.

First Tax rates are increasing at the "old" rate, currently im in a game year 1545, and i can't sell Rum and Cigars in europe, and my taxrate is 30%.

Can i alter the tax increases so it would balance my current gamespeed?

same questions with the rate goods drops in price.

Top Bottom