Request: SingleCiv Game

EQandcivfanatic

Zailing Captain
Retired Moderator
At the moment I'd kill for a mode of gameplay that allows a single civilization by the player to explore and go for one of the victories. Ideally this would be accompanied by frenzied aliens (ideally that scale with time). I'd really like to see this made.

There is a mod(s) for that... one of them is known as Advanced Setup and it is so powerful that Firaxis included it in the base game. When Seeding your game, hit the button in the top right corner of the screen. From here you can take out Sponsors from the list of who is Seeding this world. You can also do other things.

The next mod is an actual mod, and available on the Steam Workshop. I think it is called Aggressive Aliens. This combined with Frenzied Aliens should give you a run for your money.

(If I am wrong about Advanced Setup not allowing you to have only one Sponsor, then sorry about that.

Yeah, unless I'm REALLY missing something, there has to be at least 2 civs in a game, even with Advanced Setup.

Ok so I'm going to revive this because I'm pretty sure I understand what this guys means more than a modder with an attitude problem. (It's more than half an hour to learn Modbuddy and XML for beginners).

So basically a game where you could load in, have more quests, more single faction orientated interactions to support single civ storylines such as the whole world lumping their resources together to get the hell away from earth before it's atmosphere becomes toxic, meteors destroy the planet, someone farts so bad it could wipe out all life as we know it. But basically a game where you're civilization is challenged but not by other civilizations.

An intelligence system to modify the AI so it would move to a continental point or particular place on each land mass, gather it's strength and then launch an all out assault of frenzied aliens at you like a xeno attack from the movie Aliens. Then the challenge is to hold back the aliens, build outposts and build enough strength to either wipe out all nests, research a way to live in peace on the new planet, exodus to yet another place, return to earth with advanced terraforming tech or something similar, be saved by another alien race.

I mean a lot of idea's could come from Alien and Alien Vs Predator, this is more than obvious to me as it would add a massive single player challenge to face xeno swarms every 10 turns or whatever. Also more quests could be developed and implemented to find ways to destroy, pacify or nullify the aliens via crashed Predator satelites and such.

I think this would be a great idea, but yeah like usual I ain't gots the skills. ;)

Ok so I'm going to revive this because I'm pretty sure I understand what this guys means more than a modder with an attitude problem. (It's more than half an hour to learn Modbuddy and XML for beginners).

So basically a game where you could load in, have more quests, more single faction orientated interactions to support single civ storylines such as the whole world lumping their resources together to get the hell away from earth before it's atmosphere becomes toxic, meteors destroy the planet, someone farts so bad it could wipe out all life as we know it. But basically a game where you're civilization is challenged but not by other civilizations.

An intelligence system to modify the AI so it would move to a continental point or particular place on each land mass, gather it's strength and then launch an all out assault of frenzied aliens at you like a xeno attack from the movie Aliens. Then the challenge is to hold back the aliens, build outposts and build enough strength to either wipe out all nests, research a way to live in peace on the new planet, exodus to yet another place, return to earth with advanced terraforming tech or something similar, be saved by another alien race.

I mean a lot of idea's could come from Alien and Alien Vs Predator, this is more than obvious to me as it would add a massive single player challenge to face xeno swarms every 10 turns or whatever. Also more quests could be developed and implemented to find ways to destroy, pacify or nullify the aliens via crashed Predator satelites and such.

I think this would be a great idea, but yeah like usual I ain't gots the skills. ;)

Yep, you hit it on the nose. That would be great. I don't have time these days to learn the programs or develop mods myself, but what you've outlined is pretty much what I'd like to see some day for Beyond Earth.

A possible dirty solution would be to force all AI civs to a really late start (ie. a late start turn after the game's end turn), but I think you need DLL access for control over when exactly the AI will late start.

but I think you need DLL access for control over when exactly the AI will late start.
That's what it looks like to me...

My thought is to edit \assets\UI\InGame\Planetfall.lua to only fire for player 0.

I haven't tested it, but you could try changing line 68 to:
Code:
if (playerID == 0 and pPlayer:CanPlanetfallFound(plotX, plotY)) then

Top Bottom