1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Nutty

Nutty Deity

Well... It's true that it's not possible with XML, but it's possible (and frankly a whole lot easier) with SQL. For bonus points, the trigger makes it work without worrying about mod load order or mucking about with references. :king:

3 statements are the entirety of the mod (2 statements to replace all the XML that you did, @Enginseer, and one more for the trigger):
    Code:
    INSERT INTO Unit_FreePromotions (UnitType, PromotionType)
      SELECT Type, 'PROMOTION_RIVAL_TERRITORY_SHIP' FROM Units
      WHERE CombatClass IN ('UNITCOMBAT_NAVALRANGED', 'UNITCOMBAT_NAVALMELEE');

INSERT INTO UnitPromotions_UnitCombats (PromotionType, UnitCombatType)
      VALUES
      ('PROMOTION_RIVAL_TERRITORY_SHIP', 'UNITCOMBAT_NAVALRANGED'),
      ('PROMOTION_RIVAL_TERRITORY_SHIP', 'UNITCOMBAT_NAVALMELEE');

CREATE TRIGGER ShipsIgnoreBorders AFTER INSERT ON Units
      WHEN NEW.CombatClass IN ('UNITCOMBAT_NAVALRANGED', 'UNITCOMBAT_NAVALMELEE')
      BEGIN
        INSERT INTO Unit_FreePromotions (UnitType, PromotionType)
        VALUES (NEW.Type, 'PROMOTION_RIVAL_TERRITORY_SHIP');
      END;
    Enjoy.

2. lungora

lungora Delkhiin Khatun

Thanks a whole heap both of you! My appreciation levels are too high.

If either wants a nice map (for playing on) made, I'm the person who just released a bunch on the workshop - and I'm completely open to requests.

3. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Is there anyway to make sure SQL can check for modded buildings before doing updates to them(like updating their costs) outside of a mod? It appears that if you don't have the modded buildings while the SQL does its update, it attempts to create an error code everytime you go into the city's production queue.

4. Nutty

Nutty Deity

I'm a little unclear. I think I have an idea what you're asking, but it would be easier if you PM'd me your code.

5. justustreeshere

justustreeshere Chieftain

I searched this thread and the rest of the forum I wanted to ask cause I know nothing about modding.

Would it be possible to create a "False Flag" Unit?

1. Unlocked sometime with Radio Telecommunications. Can only be build one every 5 turns. Cannot be purchased.

2. Primary purpose is to severely damage the relationship between civilizations that may be cooperating or working against you.

3. When unit is built, you choose which civilization you want to disguise this unit as. Kind of like how you get to occasionally choose a Great Person. Say you want to create war between India and England. Make your FF Unit an English, send him to India's border. When he walks in, FF Unit blows up, pillaging directly adjacent tiles and damaging all units in those tiles.

4. Successful use of unit incites war between the civilization you've attacked and the one you've framed.

Would something like this be possible or is the modification factor of "build a unit for someone else" too complicated to implement?

6. Salamandre

Salamandre King

I would love:

1) a mod allowing to add workers as citizens to a city and removing 1 pop if you make them (civ 3). Fast growth for lazy players.
    2) a mod giving workers a new task, terraform. Change terrain to grass, plains, hill, flat, put forest (I know there is one mod for forest).

7. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

I know second one is impossible because of graphical limitations.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I seem to have read about a mod that removes pointless pop-up screens, where all you can do is *Click* to make the screen go away and let the turn continue. I tried searching for it, but without result. Does anybody know the name of this mod or doesn't exist (yet)?

9. Nutty

Nutty Deity

You're thinking of Quiet Diplomacy. It's a DLL mod, though, and you can only have one of those at a time. Note the Community Patch DLL apparently also does this to some extent.

10. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Great! Thanks. (I couldn't remember the name.) :goodjob:

11. Bruno Carvalho

Bruno Carvalho Chieftain

Can I ask for a small one?

I'm really annoyed by World-wonder spamming cities. It should be GREAT undertaking to create a World Wonder. But I have no modding skills, so here I came to ask for help.

The Idea for the change is:

When you're building a World Wonder and you've got another World Wonder of the same age in any city of your empire, you'll receive -40% production in that city while you build it.

When you're building a World Wonder and you've got another World Wonder of the same age in the same ciry, you'll receive -80% production in that city while you build it.

And that's it.

12. gendalf

gendalf Chieftain

13. mr.mare

mr.mare Chieftain

is there a mod that changes luxuries spawn rate, that will increase their amount on the map?
    more than "Abundant Resources", something similar to "Legendary Start", just to take place on whole map?

14. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Since there isn't a Requested Civs thread I'll post this here:

Is anyone working on or planning a Scythian and/or Sarmatian civ? If not, that would be my request.

15. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

See here

16. EasternLights

EasternLights Chieftain

I'd be really interested in a mod that replaced the generic barbarians with more specific (playable) tribes, with their own leaders. There are plenty of suitable tribes from antiquity as well. Examples include the Vandals under Genseric, the Visigoths under Alaric I, the Ostrogoths under Totila, the Gauls under Vercingetorix, or even rebelling slaves under, say, Spartacus.

EDIT: Some of these would make really good scenarios, as well. Un/fortunately, in all of them I'm pretty sure the opponent would end up being Rome. :mischief:
    EDIT: I've just found out the Goths, Gauls AND Vandals already exist as civs (D'oh :wallbash:). The others, however, as far as I know, and the general idea of the mod I suggested, has not been done yet.

17. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

"Civilization Design Resources"? Clever disguise... :crazyeye:

Alright. I'll repost. Thanks. ;)

18. Commandante

Commandante Chieftain

*this intended to go to civ suggestion thread*

19. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

I recently started a thread for I mod I'd like made. Would anybody be willing to do it for me?

20. shader301202

shader301202 A Pole

Is there a mod where the game choose only modded civs?