Leader: King Julien
UA: Cause fear in humans
UU: Ninja Penguins
UB: Marty's Bar
Theme: "I Like To Move It (Move It)"

(Sorry ... couldn't help it!)

I wonder if there is any mod that lets you switch the ideology

a.- without necessarily having a negative public opinion, and
b.- without suffering a huge tenets penalty, or a long revolution.

I'm just thinking about many countries which have changed their ideology many times in History but they quickly overcame it. For instance, Germany: democracy => fascism => democracy (west) and communism (east) => democracy. In Civ 5, the disaster in the number of tenets and the number of anarchy turns would have been mortal. In the real History, Germany is a powerful country with a big economy.

Or think about China: Communism => Something between communism and capitalism, and it was done by a government's decision, not forced by any other country's influence. Smooth change, no anarchy at all in this case.

So, I would like to see a mod where you can switch your ideology whenever you want, and you can keep the number of tenets you had. That is, if we had 6 tenets in Order and switch to Freedom, then you are immediately granted 6 free tenets to assign to Freedom (or maybe just one less, or so). This would add a lot to politics strategy.

There are some variables in some xml file which, apparently, let you change how many tenets are lost when you change the ideology, as well as the length of the anarchy time. But so far I have not seen anything letting you change your ideology regardless of the public opinion, i.e. whenever you want.

I wonder if there is any mod that lets you switch the ideology

a.- without necessarily having a negative public opinion, and
b.- without suffering a huge tenets penalty, or a long revolution.

Now I think that (b) can be achieved by changing variables SWITCH_POLICY_BRANCHES_ANARCHY_TURNS and SWITCH_POLICY_BRANCHES_TENETS_LOST of GlobalDefines.xml.

And I'm thinking (a) could be done by changing some code in function ChooseChangeIdeology, and/or in the last lines of function UpdateDisplay, both in SocialPolicyPopup.lua.

So maybe I can make the mod I was requesting by myself. :)

Would really want to see a Sarah Kerrigan mod from Starcraft II. I know there kind of is one but its obsolete and is dependant on a big overhaul mod im not interested in.

I have a weird mod request. I request an AI mod to make the AI to settle the city right where they stand without any movement or wondering. I am a mac user and I want to make a scenario but unfortunately there is no option in the In-Game editor to spawn cities. To get around it I hope to have that AI mod run temporary so I can place settlers down and they settle cities right where they stand. Then I can create the rest of the scenario with the In-Game editor.

Hello, i'm bored with quick actions (turns) but i'm more bored with normal actions.

So, exist any mod where can put speed actions (move/battle) to x2?

Thanks.

Has anyone else heard of The Hutt River Province, or micronations?

The principality of the Hutt River is the farm of this awesome australian guy called Leonard ("Lenny", to his mates). He seceded from australia, and declared himself King Leonard of Hutt, and his farm is called The Principality of the Hutt River. Through some complex legal maneuvering, he has avoided paying taxes to the Australian government (there is a special exemption clause written into our tax return documents that only Prince Leonard can use) and, for a brief period, declared war on australia. The conflict was quick, but bloodless, consisting of him planting his flag outside the local post office. Hawhawhaw.

Tourists are welcome in the Hutt River province, you can go there and get your passport stamped while you have a drink at his cafeteria. You can also purchase limited edition hutt river coinage, and sign up to join the Hutt River Navy.

Clearly, the man is a smartass, and its all just a bit of good fun. But, there are similar micronations all over the world. I heard of some guy who set up a military dictatorship in his apartment, and a bunch of hippies who took over an oil rig outside Britain. They sound like militaristic and cultural city states to me...

In honour (honoUr) of the dearly departed Queen Shirley, the beloved wife to the honorable Leonard of Hutt, I would respectfully ask that someone construct the following new Civ:

PRINCIPALITY OF THE HUTT RIVER
LEADER: Leonard of Hutt
(Leader art: Washington)
Unique ability: Mateship - receive a 15% tourism bonus with any civ with whom you have made a Declaration of Friendship. Half cost research agreements.
Unique Building: Coin Press (replaces mint) - in addition to the usual bonuses for the mint, all sources of gold and silver provide +2 culture and +1 tourism
Unique Building: Caravan Park (replaces hotel) - the caravan park costs no gold to maintain, and costs half as much hammers to build. +30xp for naval units.

Has anyone made a Vichy France civ yet?

I think it would be a nice civ to have in TSL games in Europe or WWII scenarios.

My thoughts on how it could be:

Leader: Philippe Pétain
:c5capital: Capital: Vichy
UA:
UU: Milice française (Infantry)
UU: Latécoère 298 (Bomber) - bonus against naval units

I'm not good with designing civs, something better could be made out of this but I'd love to see Vichy France being done.

This could be a nice base for the map:
Spoiler :

And this for the civ icon:
Spoiler :

Someone? Please.

Had an idea for a new demo called 'Prowess', which is basically your combat effectiveness.

Prowess calculated as (#ofUnitsKilled/#ofUnitsLost)*1,000.

Phantom unit would have to spawn and die turn 0 for every civ to prevent #ofUnitsKilled from being divided by 0.

All combat is taken into account (Vs. all civs and barbs)

Selling units counts as UnitLost, gifting to CS does not.

AI would consider Prowess values for DoW, demands, and peace negotiations (along with their usual considerations).

Just like other demos, you would only see your own, top Prowess, and lowest Prowess.

Sound possible to anyone?

Prowess calculated as (#ofUnitsKilled/#ofUnitsLost)*1,000.

Phantom unit would have to spawn and die turn 0 for every civ to prevent #ofUnitsKilled from being divided by 0.

Or just put in an "if iNumberOfUnitsLost == 0 then iNumberOfUnitsLost = 1 end".

Selling units counts as UnitLost, gifting to CS does not.

AI would consider Prowess values for DoW, demands, and peace negotiations (along with their usual considerations).

These would be difficult. There's no way that I know of for Lua to detect gifting a unit, and the AI is all in the DLL, so both of these would require DLL modding (which is a lot harder than Lua coding).

Is there a mod to halt certain civs tech at certain eras? ie: stop native americans techs at classical for example.

I have a basic idea for a Puebloan/Anasazi Civilization.

Leader: Po'pay
UA: Ceremonial Infrastructure - +2 :c5faith: Faith for every Natural Wonder connected to the Capital via roads. Pay 50% less maintenance for roads.
UB: Kiva - Replaces Shrine. In addition to being cheaper to build, the Kiva also yields +1 :c5culture: Culture and +1 :c5happy: Happiness . Cities that have a Kiva can receive boosts from Kachina dancers.
UU: Kachina Dancer - Replaces Missionary. They are stronger and can survive much longer before they die from attrition. While in or next to a city with a Kiva, they may perform a Rain Dance, providing a temporary boost to growth similar to a WLTKD, or a War Dance, providing a temporary boost to production when building military units.

This is my first civ design, so let me know how I did. I'm not quite sure how balanced or unbalanced this is, but the strengths of the boosts given by the dancers should be altered accordingly. If anyone has any suggestions just let me know. ;)

In terms of the UA, I also had the idea of making it so that any city connected to a Natural Wonder by a road would receive 50% of it's base yields. I'm pretty sure that would be OP, but maybe it could be an empire-wide thing instead of city specific? In the end I settled with a basic faith boost but if it's possible perhaps that could be changed.

For the love of god, please, someone make an auto refuse option for "accept embassy" and "open borders" so they can stop interrupting the turn processing and I can stop declining these constantly. There is absolutely no reason I cannot initiate these when I want to myself.

I've got that one but it quiets all the other dialogue. The offers for trade of embassy and borders are considered important to decide on your own for whatever reason so the option is not there. Or am I just not seeing it?

I would love to work with someone to make these ideas i have come up with for new civs. I love to come up with civ ideas, and i have no idea how to mod, especially on my mac. But if anyone would wanna work toghether to make these civ ideas i came up with, that would be awesome!

Top Bottom