1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. HappyCompy

HappyCompy Chieftain

I second this! This mod would be incredible!

2. Tombaugh

Tombaugh Chieftain

Bump

3. Mojave2001

Mojave2001 Chieftain

PC performance

4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

There's a CBO mod for a reason. I would rather not make one for non-CBO version.

5. Penkover

Penkover Chieftain

Orbital units like in BE

6. YINGCHENG

YINGCHENG Warlord

I feel like this is an extremely great idea. Both Sukritact and Ekmek (His project thread link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/graphics-wonder-tiles.525199/) had worked on this project before (Converting wonders into the tile improvements), but none of them actually completed the job. I am not sure if Sukritact would continue his work from his thread "Sukritact's edifices (https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/sukritacts-edifices.610623/#post-14666188), but I feel like the idea behind these two good modders are incredible.

To be honest, I would love to see more conversion of world wonders in my civ 5 games. If anyone actually knows this project well, or if anyone actually is interested in building this project, please feed me some info regarding on that.

Thanks in advance.

7. darkninja3339

darkninja3339 Chieftain

Iv thought up tons of mod ideas, (mostly new civs) but modding is far to complicated for me to figure out, and it would be really cool to work with someone who can mod to make some of my ideas come to life haha!
    Im sure some of my ideas arent entirely balanced or effective so im open to tweeking some if anyone is interested in working together! i can do all sorts of research into the backgrounds and such as well

8. yam21

yam21 Chieftain

Hi I'm looking for the following mods if they exist or anything close to it would be great:

- higher strategic resource cost so that powerful late game units are more rare and coveted especially for nukes
    - can perform air strikes on tile improvements
    - can trade units with other cubs
    - all units get increased health pool so battles/wars last longer
    - over 100 unhappiness destabilizes civs aan has constant waves of rebels that can even capture cities
    -

9. Pawelec123456

Pawelec123456 Chieftain

Most likely many modders already thought of that, but is there any realisation of a Civ6-like Civics Tree mod or people just went on to play Civ6?

10. Tombaugh

Tombaugh Chieftain

I am searching for a mod which allows citystates gifting naval/air units

11. Pawelec123456

Pawelec123456 Chieftain

And one allowing CSs to create and swap Great Works would be even better.

12. Troller0001

Troller0001 Watching from a safe distance

You'd need a modded DLL for that, because Firaxis hardcoded land units to be gift-able only
    VMC DLL has an option to allow naval units to be gifted in addition to land units. (And the CP probably has it as well, though I'm not sure)

I'm not sure if a CS great work swap mod exists though.

Tombaugh likes this.
  13. josephrandall

josephrandall Chieftain

I would like a mod that stops Venice from being selected. (not advanced setup)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

14. elotar

elotar Chieftain

15. SLGray

SLGray King

When I got my game and started looking at the Steam Workshop, I thought I saw 3 Native American civilizations. Now I can not locate them in the Workshop. I was wondering if anyone knows about these 3:

1. subtitle was something about cloud dancers.
    2. I believe it was about the Hopi
    3. I believe it was about the Navajo

I know there is a Navajo one already, but the one I am thinking of was created by the same designer of 1 and 2.

16. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

17. kiltzombie

kiltzombie Chieftain

I am looking for Fortress Borders-Outposts with no gold upkeep. I would be willing to tinker it myself with some help.
    Thanks

18. NebulousJaguar

NebulousJaguar Chieftain

I started playing this game way late, about a year before Civ 6 came out. So I didnt have any troubles waiting for expansions or DLC or Mods. I have found may fun mods to use and the mod scene is well established since modders have been modding for this game for a while by the time I got the game.

There is a civ/scenario mod I half-expected to find, since the availability of mods for this game is so plentiful, but did not find. If what I am looking for does not exist (and I think it doesn't because I have searched but not found) perhaps it is too late by now since Civ6 is out. But here goes, for any modders who are interested.

Are there any Civ players here who do modding who have also played FromSoftware's Armored Core games? There are various games in the series that span the generations of gaming consoles.

I was looking for some Armored Core themed civs to use, like Mirage, Crest, the Controller, Kisaragi, Raven's Nest, etc, but I think no such mods exist. So there is an idea.

Even a scenario mod that follows the theme of the AC3/Silent Line circumstances would be quite interesting to play, as it would give the larger perspective of how the corporations and humanity try to rebuild civilization on the surface of the planet whilst being threatened by an anomalous AI system (with an orbital satellite weapon) as the territory of humankind expands toward acquiring strategic resources. Generally, any of the armored core games offer mod potential for scenarios because of the similar characteristic among the games of multiple factions striving for control of important resources.

I would make such a mod myself if I knew how to do modding, and I think it would be quite enjoyable.

19. IQDDD

IQDDD Chieftain

Whether there is a modification which notifies the player when any city-state can pay him a tribute?
    Sorry for my English.

20. Fierro

Fierro Warlord

I know I'm asking for too much but... I wish there was mod that'd allow me to set amount of science I receive. Or, as alternative, mod that aligns my science output with highest AI has. I'm just tired to play "catch up then snowball" game. It's exciting to always have the same level of science as AI has.