1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Requested Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Alex_K, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Thrust123

Thrust123 Prince

2. GhengisCat

GhengisCat Chieftain

I would like to see a mod that slowed down empire growth in a more realistic manner. I'm a history buff, and I play Civ 5 exclusively using the YnAEMP map pack. One of the things that bothers me is how civs tend to grow much faster and much more expansively than would have ever happened in the real world. For example, if I play as Brazil, I can have an empire in the classical era that spans from the northern reaches of Canada all the way to the tip of South America. There's no way that would have ever happened in the real world. Maybe a simple change like giving settlers an attrition penalty could fix this?

Also, once an empire has reached a massive size, there's pretty much no way lose it other than through conquests. In real life, massive empires often crumbled under their own weight. Maybe there could be penalties for empires that expanded too far too early in the game. These penalties could be erased once more advances techs like the printing press or satellites enabled better communication.

3. FieryCharizard7

FieryCharizard7 Chieftain

You need to check out JFD's cities in development and the Community Patch. That addresses a lot of these issues

4. BlackTempleGauridan

BlackTempleGauridan Chieftain

I'd like a (hopefully) simple mod, that if it exists I can't find. A mod that makes Rivers act like roads for the purposes of establishing connections to a capital.

5. Penkover

Penkover Chieftain

6. BlackTempleGauridan

BlackTempleGauridan Chieftain

Alas, the core DLL mod causes my game to crash.

Edit: Deactivating all my mods and slowly reactivating them. So far no crashes, so I'm guessing it was the load order.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  7. Penkover

Penkover Chieftain

Can you tell me how to make some resource ( concretly i need iron) more common ? Thx.

Edit: why the cover promo doesnt work me?
    I tryied with ige to give some barbarians this promo and then, after a turn i tryied to bombard them from several different ranged units. Some of the barbarians were cmping in camp.
    But when it shew the possibly battle result , no bonus from the cover barbarians had.
    I playied with only ige mod and all DLCs .

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. Mindmetalox

Mindmetalox Chieftain

I read kael's guide a couple times, searched google and did a few searches on this site, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for. I was going to edit the civ5handicapinfos.xml file simply to remove all scaling difficulty bonuses for the A.I and for the player. I still don't understand what I should alter in the file to make it happen though. I thought it would be interesting to play it on "even ground." I know it would probably make the game a cake walk for other players, but I would love to try it myself. (I have Civ V + all DLC on Steam if that matters.)

Will someone create this mod? Whether or not someone does, I'm interested in understanding how it could be made possible. Thanks.

9. Jarula

Jarula King

How about for ynaemp to have a 2 tile city distance limit between cities with civilizations on the European continent or for first 6 cities compatible with Vox Populi

10. Protagonist

Protagonist Warlord

Might anyone be willing to create a mod which adds a wizard unit class?

11. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

Is there a mod out there which makes it possible to liberate city-states another civ acquired with Diplomatic Marriage or a Merchant of Venice back into city-state status?

12. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Does anyone know if there's a mod or any other way to prevent Wonders from appearing on not-feasible terrain, e.g. Stonehenge in the middle of the sea?

13. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/CivV/Global/CS Liberate After Buyout.html

Unlikely, since those phenomenon are a. clientside and non-permanent, and b. likely handled by the (locked out) graphics engine.

14. Mojave2001

Mojave2001 Chieftain

Is there any mod that improves performance?
    Also, is there any modpack with multiple custom civs or is that impossible?

15. SLGray

SLGray King

What do you mean by performance?

16. sman1975

sman1975 King

Hey!

In one of my mods, there is a barbarian wizard spawned: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779565332

It had these two wizard units:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/gandalf-wizard.22916/
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/wizards.22907/

From the game manual:

upload_2017-3-22_6-23-58.jpeg

If you can give me some details, I wouldn't mind building you the mod to add a wizard unit. Help me with how you see the wizard unit working:

- What would be the "prerequisite technology" - what tech does one need to discover to build the wizard unit?
    - When does the unit become obsolete (no longer buildable) - what tech?
    - Is there a limit to how many wizard units can be in the game at one time?
    - How powerful should it be - i.e. "more powerful than a xxxx unit, less powerful than a yyyy unit"
    - How much should it cost to build - i.e. "costs more than a xxxx, less than a yyyy"
    - Should building a wizard unit require a resource - like a longswordsman requires 1 iron - what would that resource be - dyes? copper?
    - What special abilities should it have - i.e. moves across mountains, no extra cost for moving through forests, hills, etc.
    - Should the wizard be a single person, or would you like a few figures in the unit - say 3-12?
    - If just a single person in the unit, should it be "much larger" than a normal unit?
    - Should the unit have a special name? If so, provide a list of names and also a "generic" name to use once all the other names have been used.

If you can think of other ways to "flavor" the unit, please let me know. I'm not the best LUA programmer on the board (far, far from it), but I think I can do a few things that might make the unit fun to play. Just let me know how you want the wizard to operate.

sman

17. Rwmroy

Rwmroy Chieftain

Hello guys. I'm not sure if this exists or not, but do you guys know of any mod that allows civs to trade units on the diplomacy screen? And possibly a mod that gets rid of warmonger penalties? Shipping an infantry unit half a world away takes too much time and I can't get into one war without the AI hating me for the rest of eternity.

yam21 likes this.
  18. Protagonist

Protagonist Warlord

Sure, thank you!

-Techs: Ideally, I'd actually have it be an upgradeable unit lineage (your ancient wizards would become stronger classical wizards, ect). Alternatively (if it's easier for you), it could be a single unit type that can get a lot of promotions (Maybe promotions give it special abilities like paradropping via magic teleportation?), so that it's still usable in the late game. I'm thinking Calendar or Writing would be its prerequisite tech. If you want to go the route of having it be a lineage I can send you ideas for when the unit would upgrade (It'd be mostly be the philosophical and sciencey techs like math and chemistry). Late game wizards might use a different model to look more urban fantasy-themed if you like.

-Limits: I'd probably not have any specific limit on how many, no. They wouldn't be super units per say.

-Power and Abilities: They'd have a fairly low attack. An early game wizard would probably be about as tough as a scout? I'm thinking they'd mostly have a support role, not great at fighting themselves but good to have in a fight. One option is to make them a ranged unit with an attack that does little damage, but causes some sort of debuff to whatever it hits. Another option could be to have them buff units next to them in some manner.

-Resources: I'm thinking gems.

-Cost: I'm not quite sure what's fair, to be honest.

-People per unit: 1-5. I think it might be fun to have there be one "master" wizard with two pupils next to him or something like that. In any event, the units should be normal sized.

-Special Names: It's probably not necessary.

-Other flavor stuff: Perhaps Barbarian Wizards could be "Warlocks"?

19. sman1975

sman1975 King

@Protagonist - thanks for the suggestions - they definitely are helpful. I'm got a lot of schedule conflicts this week, but hope to get a rough BETA finished before next weekend. Will post the download link when it's ready to play. Would appreciate it if you can playtest the mod and add any comments/suggestions that you have. It may take a couple of cycles of "test-fix-retest" to get it where you want it.

All-in-all, it's an interesting mod. Have been thinking about working on a "fantasy army" mod - that adds all kinds of skeletons/vampires/goblins, etc. and make them available, side-by-side, with the human military units. The Wizards here may be the first installment to that larger mod and give a good chance to see if it's actually any fun to play.

Protagonist likes this.
  20. Protagonist

Protagonist Warlord

I'd be more than willing to playtest the mod.