Resizing sheep, cows, elephants, foxes etc...

wolfenray

Chieftain
I want to make my sheep and such that are found on resource tiles smaller. For units and such it is easy, just go to the art defines xml to modify the fscale. However, there is no xml for animated units that comprise of the resource tiles, or their art defines.

Please help me find out how to do this. It is a bummer seeing small guys building a fence for giant cows and sheep.

I am sure it is simple, I just do not see it.

Thank you.

1) Wrong forum (at least I'm pretty sure) since questions go in the main creation/customization forum; unit graphics (and all the other subforums) are for completed files only.

2) Look in:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource\DX9
or maybe DX9Low or DX11 or whatever it is. Anyway, there are a bunch of a compressed files under the file format .fpk - specifically you're looking for MiscTextures.fpk, then unpack it with whatever decompression program can open .fpk (I use dragon unpacker, personally).

Then find files like "resource_cow01_diff.dds" and try sizing them down. IDK if that will work, but hey, it's worth a shot. :dunno:

Thank you, I just thought outside the box and resized my units to match the scenery instead. Worked out well.

I may have used the wrong thread, seems this is a graphic download forum. Sorry about that. Your reply leads me to this question. I have unpacked those .fpk files, and see this will be useful to what I am trying to achieve. Where can I get the tool I need to create and edit these .fpk files for myself?

I should probably remove the kludgy farm crash bugfix from Smaller Landmarks now that Firaxis finally got around to fixing it. [EDIT: Done.]

I have unpacked those .fpk files, and see this will be useful to what I am trying to achieve. Where can I get the tool I need to create and edit these .fpk files for myself?
The .fpk's are just giant zip files; you don't need to edit them or repack them. If you must mod by replacing files, you can just put your replacements in your assets folder and set "LooseFilesOverridePAK" to 1 in your config.ini file. The better way is to make a mod.

Moderator Action: Moved this thread to main C&C.

Top Bottom