Resource requests?

here is a preview of the Potash Resource Civilopedia large and small .pcx files...so you can see IF you want them. I combined them for this preview only. The files in the zip (next post) are separate.

...I agree with you Pounder, Potash is better as a Strategic Resource than a Bonus Resource and certainly Not a Luxury Resource.

Attachments

• Potash_Previews.bmp
    31.1 KB · Views: 200
Potash Zip files...included: potashlarge.pcx and potashsmall.pcx for your
Civilization III\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\resources folder.

PotashResource.pcx for your "resources.pcx" file,

PotashShadow.pcx for your "resources_shadows.pcx" file.

Note: I colored the Frames Black so you can see them better,
do not copy the frames.
Simply copy and paste the Resource and the Shadow on the
same square in each file listed above for them.

Add the new resource to the "PediaIcons.txt" file and the
"Civilopedia.txt" file in the correct places.

...here is the zip:

Attachments

• Potash Resource.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 69
varwnos, I have the picture but the Shell is basically missing in that particular picture...What exactly do you want it to look like? ...and do you also want the Resource for the game created, along with the shadow and the large and small Civilopedia .pcx files? Also, what type Resource are you using it as? Bonus, Luxury or Strategic?

ok varwnos, you did not say exactly what you wanted so I hope this is what you are looking for. Had to combine your Mollusk with another shell and the small.pcx is the best I can get it at the needed resolution...here is the preview of both:

Attachments

• Mollusk_Luxury_Resource.bmp
    31.1 KB · Views: 218
glad you like it varwnos, here is a Screenshot of the Mollusk Luxury Resource that I resized and added shadows so it would be smaller and look better in the game... The other resources in the picture are Titanium and the Cow for size comparison.

Attachments

• Mollusk_Screenshot.bmp
    79.2 KB · Views: 176
thank you :) you should make a number of resources and upload them in the completed graphics forums, although i like this style of requesting stuff ina thread and getting them in the same thread ;)

varwnos...this thread was started by The Last Conformist who wants to take requests for new Resources from players. It was not my intention to take that position here or away from him...just trying to help out but even that can send the wrong message sometimes but I agree with you that this could be a very helpful thread for Resource Requests. :)

Hello, folks. I've slept very poorly the last few nights, with the result I've been too scatterbrained to do any gfx work in the last couple days. Hopefully I'll get some real sleep soon.

If others want to take up requests that are posted in this thread, thats fine. Just tell you're working on it, so we don't do too much duplicate work.

Hi. Vuldacon's molusc is very cool. @ Varwnos. i noticed your looking for marble resourses. I have one I made for marble but it's green. I probably made it that colour because Irish Connemara marble is green(how original of it!). I don't know. Maybe it could be of use. I haven't made the shadow yet but will shortly.

Top Bottom