Statue of Zeus 15
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 16
Versailles 20

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Great Mosque of Djenné 8
Himeji Castle 19
Machu Picchu 14 + 1 = 15 (Unlike Versailles, this kingly estate is situated in an impressive location and features a unique architectural technique, called ashlar, in which blocks of stone are cut to fit together tightly without mortar. If you have been there, you will know that air basically can't get through those walls despite no use of cement.)
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 15
Statue of Zeus 18
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 16
Versailles 20 - 3 = 17 (I've been there. While impressive, with vast gardens, it's not nearly impressive enough to remain on this current list. Sorry but almost every other wonder here surpasses Versailles two times over. Also, I agree that we have plenty of French wonders already. Let's get some other areas represented before we stick in yet another European building as a wonder.)

Machu Picchu 14 + 1 = 15 (Unlike Versailles, this kingly estate is situated in an impressive location and features a unique architectural technique, called ashlar, in which blocks of stone are cut to fit together tightly without mortar. If you have been there, you will know that air basically can't get through those walls despite no use of cement.)
Even more impressive is that the ashlar technique is more earthquake resistant than using mortar. Why? Ashlar allows individual blocks to vibrate during an earthquake, making them tighter and preventing collapse. Earthquakes are frequent in Peru.

That's a major reason why many buildings remained intact in Machu Picchu between initial depopulation and initial rediscovery, despite frequent strong earthquakes between those events.

Because of this, ashlar is a popular masonry technique in areas of high seismic activity.

Last edited:
Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Great Mosque of Djenné 9
Himeji Castle 19
Machu Picchu 15
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 15
Statue of Zeus 15
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 16+1=17 A marvel of classical architecture and a nod to a female Olympian deity. A must.
Versailles 17-3=14 So that Machu Picchu comes ahead, I wholeheartedly agree with morningcalm

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Great Mosque of Djenné 9+1=10 - I'm buying it one more life. It deserves to get in the top 10.
Himeji Castle 19
Machu Picchu 15-3=12 - It's surely an incredible place, but the other things are incredible too. And I'm just not very interrested in Incas.
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 15
Statue of Zeus 15
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 17
Versailles 14

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Great Mosque of Djenné 10
Himeji Castle 19
Machu Picchu 12-3 (as much as I like Machu Picchu, it is not as great or impressive as the remaining monuments on this list, it's such a shame that the Incans couldn't build something more marvelous)
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 15
Statue of Zeus 15+1=16 (anything from the 7 wonders of the world is worth keeping)
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 17
Versailles 14

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Great Mosque of Djenné 11 (10+1) Must... keep... alive...
Himeji Castle 19
Machu Picchu 6 (9-3) I'm a fan of what the (reconstructed) ruins offer today. But I still don't think it is a wonder and I see no reason to build an ordinary Inca mountain village in my civ games. I can see the Incas getting a unique early neighborhood that can be placed on mountains though to represent the marvels of villages like this and the larger and more important Pisaq among others. Those could come with roads over mountains as well. Of course, Qusqu remains the most impressive of all Inca sites and it also offers some buildings, that could be done as wonders - like Saksaq Woman, Qenqo Temple or the great open ritual place in the center of the city whose name I keep forgetting.
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 15
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 17
Versailles 14

Last edited:
Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Great Mosque of Djenné 11
Himeji Castle 19 + 1 = 20 I'll try to keep the only Japanese wonder on the list as much as I can.
Machu Picchu 6 I wanted to save it, but I think it's not worth the effort, since it seems to be the next to fall. :undecide:
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 15
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 17
Versailles 14 - 3 = 11 Sorry Versailles, but Notre-Dame remains a higher priority for me.

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 6
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 16 (15 + 1) -- An extremely impressive looking structure that would be very eye-catching on the map.
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 14 (17 - 3) -- Yawn. Boring.
Versailles 11

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 6 + 1 = 7 (First of all, this was no ordinary mountain village, but a citadel and estate build for an emperor (Pachacuti). We need more wonders built near mountains. Saksaq Woman and Qenqo Temple are ruins now, and less interesting ruins than those on Machu Picchu to boot. Also, Qenqo's purpose is not even known, and I see no reason why Machu Pichu cannot join Saksaq Woman as Inca wonders in-game).
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 16
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 14
Versailles 11 - 3 = 8 (No more French wonders, thank you, and what a dull building it is, even if the gardens are nice.)

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 23+1=24 - I'm giving it point to have the same score as Angkor Wat. I want both Angkor Wat and Borobudur, but I can't decide which I'd like more.
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 7-3=4 - The other places are more interresting.
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 16
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 14
Versailles 8

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 24
Great Mosque of Djenné 11 - 3 = 8 I dont think this is better than the remaining.
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 4 + 1 = 5 I would like to see this in game.
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 16
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 14
Versailles 8

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 24
Great Mosque of Djenné 8
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 5 + 1 = 6 I can give it a sigh
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 16 - 3 = 13 This is beautiful and impressive, but Borobudur and Angkor Wat are bigger priorities for me.
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36
Temple of Artemis 14
Versailles 8

Last edited:
Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 24
Great Mosque of Djenné 8
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 6
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 13+1=14 ~ I'm surprised to see this fall so low.
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 36-3=33 ~ Just doing this cause the Taj Mahal can afford to
Temple of Artemis 14
Versailles 8

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 24
Great Mosque of Djenné 8
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 6
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 14
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 33
Temple of Artemis 14+1=15 I would love to see this top 5, a nod to the feminine divine, and a chance for Firaxis artists to take liberties and create something stunning.
Versailles 8-3=5 To halt the dominance of French wonders

Angkor Wat 24
Borobudur 24
Great Mosque of Djenné 8
Himeji Castle 20
Machu Picchu 6
Notre-Dame 28 (27 + 1) -- I'd love to try to save Versailles, but if I must choose I admit that Notre Dame is a higher priority for me.
Shwedagon Paya 14
Statue of Zeus 16
Taj Mahal 33
Temple of Artemis 12 (15 - 3) -- In order to "create something stunning," the artists would have to violate all the principles of Graeco-Roman architecture. :p
Versailles 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom