Returning Wonders-Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angkor Wat 26
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 17
Notre-Dame 26
Shwedagon Paya 17-3= 14 Least appealing on this exquisite list. After Notre Dame that is, but it seems invincible up there...
Statue of Zeus 10
Taj Mahal 33
Temple of Artemis 7+1=8 Go Diana! Can this make the top 5? For wonder woman and all women?

Angkor Wat 26
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 17+1=18 - We need a Japanese wonder, and this one is perfect.
Notre-Dame 26
Shwedagon Paya 14
Statue of Zeus 10-3=7 - The statue was inside a temple. It would be the same like Lincoln Memorial. The main thing - the statue of Abraham Lincoln - is inside. I would like this as a great work tho. And Artemis is better :p
Taj Mahal 33
Temple of Artemis 8

Last edited:
Angkor Wat 26
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 18 + 1 = 19 I'll try to get it up as much as I can.
Notre-Dame 26
Shwedagon Paya 14 - 3 = 11 We have three wonders of Southeast Asia on the list, and for me this is a lower priority than the other two.
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 33
Temple of Artemis 8

Angkor Wat 26
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 19
Notre-Dame 27 (26 + 1) -- Yes, there are many more splendid Gothic cathedrals--like Westminster Abbey or Notre Dame de Reims--but Notre Dame de Paris is iconic. I say include them all. ;)
Shwedagon Paya 11
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 33
Temple of Artemis 5 (8 - 3) -- Not interested in Greek temples.

Angkor Wat 26
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 19
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 11+1=12 I already gave my reason
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 33-3=30 The Taj Mahal can take this hit but I will not down vote it any further.
Temple of Artemis 5

Angkor Wat 27 (26+1) can we get a SEA wonder in the lead?
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 19
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 12
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 30
Temple of Artemis 2 (5-3) should have dropped out a long time ago

Angkor Wat 27 - 3 = 24 (With an SEA expansion on the way, at least one SEA wonder will be included. I think Angkor can take a small equalizing hit for now.)
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 19
Notre-Dame 27 (Coming for you next. You, dear ma'am, are a pretty but meaningless nothing whose sisters look almost exactly like you.)
Shwedagon Paya 12
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 30
Temple of Artemis 2 + 1 = 3 (Disagree with Siptah on this. It's too important to drop out, regardless of whether one thinks it's visually dull, which is silly, and too easily influenced by the fact people know how big the Parthenon is and yet have little idea of how huge the Temple of Artemis was. Also, Wonder Woman.)

Angkor Wat 27
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 16 (19 - 3) The argument I keep seeing for this is that we need a Japanese wonder. I'm certainly in favor of geographic and cultural diversity when it comes to civ and wonder selection, but Japan is far from the only region or country without wonders in the game.
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 12
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 31 (30 + 1) Probably the most iconic and recognizable wonder remaining on the list.
Temple of Artemis 2 + 1 = 3

Angkor Wat 27
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 16
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 9 (12-3) too loud
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 4 (3+1) again

Angkor Wat 27
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 16
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 6 - priorities
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 4+1=5 - what a shame it's under appreciated :(

Angkor Wat 27
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 16 + 1 = 17 We do not have any castle in the game, we have no Japanese structure in the game. This is beautiful, impressive and visually unique. An oriental castle like wonder.
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 6 - 3 = 3 Impressive, but for me, it is the wonder of Southeast Asia less priority on the list.
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 5

Angkor Wat 27
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 17
Notre-Dame 27-3=24 I have to down vote something :dunno:
Shwedagon Paya 3+1=4 I will defend this to the end.
Statue of Zeus 7
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 5

Angkor Wat 28 (27+1) As before
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 17
Notre-Dame 27
Shwedagon Paya 3
Statue of Zeus 4 (7-3) Doesn't work well in civ VI and should rather be a great work.
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 5 So who will be our Herostratos?

Angkor Wat 28
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 17
Notre-Dame 25 (24 + 1) -- "See now the innocent blood you have shed on the steps of Notre Dame?" :(
Shwedagon Paya 4
Statue of Zeus 4
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 2 (5 - 3) -- I honestly couldn't care less about Wonder Woman.

Angkor Wat 28
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 17
Notre-Dame 25 - 3 = 22 (Generic pretty cathedral is generic.)
Shwedagon Paya 4 + 1 = 5 (Now here's a unique structure, from a culturally underrepresented region, with a great loud style that is memorable and awe-inspiring.)
Statue of Zeus 4
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 2 (Bah, likely too late to save this one. But Wonder Woman will be remembered! May Artemis, goddess of the Amazons, be proud of the Temple's stand in this thread thus far.)

Angkor Wat 28
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 17+1=18 - We need wonder from Japan, and this one is perfect.
Notre-Dame 22
Shwedagon Paya 5
Statue of Zeus 4-3=1 - It was in a temple, so it would be hard to implement in game. I'd rather have this as great work.
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 2 (Likely yes. But I would like it in game, more than a statue of God who slept with almost every woman in the ancient Greece. Artemis is more cool :D.)

Angkor Wat 28
Borobudur 26
Himeji Castle 18
Notre-Dame 22
Shwedagon Paya 5-3=2 I prefer it to Notre Dame, who is inexplicably going to make the top 5...
Statue of Zeus 1
Taj Mahal 31
Temple of Artemis 2+1=3 Come on Artemis, hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom