Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Too big

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Boring

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

magus77

Sephiroth
Don’t be alarmed by the name, but this map is in English ,and many words in the description are made up. This is a 362 x 20 map I made in my spare time. The resources and goody huts are randomized, and the starting locations are put in specific places to allow the most expansion. The mountains separate (or slow down the advancement of) the civilizations. Each mountain range marks the end of a region and the beginning of another. The rivers start (and the map starts) in snow-capped mountains and goes through every climate, slowly getting warmer until it gets to the desert. At the end of the map is a little ring of two islands just to break the monotony of mainland only. This is for C3C.

***UPDATE***
Version 1.1 is here. All terrains produce 1 shield, 1 food, and 1 commerce to get rid of the starting location disadvantages and advantages. I have also reduced it to one for everything for improvements on terrain. Pollution effects and worker jobs changing terrain have been taken out; with the new terrain rules, the only thing that could happen as a result could be different resources since all terrains produce no disease anymore. Volcanoes have the maximum eruption period to stop barricades by civilizations. All worker jobs have been cut in half to make up for the size of the map. All terrains have basic movement cost (1) and basic defensive cost (10), again, to eliminate disadvantages and advantages. Road movement has been upgraded to 5 because of the size of the map.

***UPDATE***
Version 2.0 is here. Now there is a new map that makes the rivers navigable. The top region of the map has more land, but to get rid of the disadvantage for the bottom, all starting locations on the bottom start on water, and most cities will be on water for the AI (so there will be much expansion once they discover Map Making).

***UPDATE***
Version 3.0 is here. Now there are two new maps of "Revir-Gnir", which are a much smaller version of the original (40 x 16 as new size), has 10 players, no mountain climate separators, mountains are now not impassable (still no cities but everything else), still two versions of the map (regular and navigable), and a smaller island at the end. Greater for faster gameplay than the original (which most likely lags around the modern age from the amount of cities).

Attachments

• Revir-Gnir.zip
    144.8 KB · Views: 254
Sorry man, but I think this map suck. Don't take it personally, I'm sure that you can do good maps also... but this is... so wierd and the starting positions are very unfare, aren't they? Nice idea, but the starting places should be more equally matched.

How do you suppose I should make the starting locations more fair? If I replace terrains, then that will defeat the whole purpose of the map. Do you think most maps are fair? No, most maps give disadvantages and advantages to every starting location. Here, some sarting locations start by resources that other starting locations don't have. See the first post for updates. If people still think that the starting locations are still unfair because some civilizations near or on water, I will just eliminate them and place mountains, leaving it impossible to have a coastal city.

Now I am making a version of this map that will make the rivers navigable, allowing water civilizations everywhere on the map, but making it so the north and south civilizations will be separated at first. The rivers will be two-way, so there won't be blockades, as cool as it would be.

The basic idea is okay - a ring world. But perhaps if you made the terrain more varried, add in seas that can be navigated, continents, islands, etc. rather than these uniform blocks of land.

Updates (in first post) along with some minimaps.

The first minimap is: Revir-Gnir Small Regular

The second minimap is: Revir-Gnir Small Navigable

Attachments

• Revir-Gnir SR Minimap.jpg
    Revir-Gnir SR Minimap.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Revir-Gnir SN Minimap.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 223
Top Bottom