revolution: infinite unique spell spam

MAvL

Chieftain
I'm currently in a game using Extramodmod unofficial.

The calabim have been wiped out pretty early, and the AIs that killed them, bad as they are, neither capitulated them nor are able to manage their empires. As a consequence, every 20 turns or so a new Calabim empire arises from a violent revolution and immediately cast blood river.

This is extremely annoying. I think resurrected civs should not be allowed to cast their unique spell again. I can see why one would want to help small empires to detach from bigger ones, but letting a single city faction that has no hope of surviving casting a spell that does very little for itself and just annoy everyone else is not the way to go. Or if you think it is, at least the AI should fight blood with blood and slaughter Calabim cities off of Erebus instead of capturing them.

a new Calabim empire arises from a violent revolution and immediately cast blood river.
Do you have a savegame (from before the casting) and/or Python log?

Or at least until they win their revolutionary war.
In theory, this is close to how it works, but there are a couple more conditions that make civs lose their rebel status (see python/Revolution/RevEvents.py, lines 126-140). Casting the world spell immediately shouldn't happen, though.

Sorry for the delay, I took a break from civ IV shortly after posting. I recently looked up my saves but to no avail. At this point, I think one of the following happened:

1. I did not save regularly enough and did not have the reflex to inquire the issue when it happened, playing 50 turns or so and burrying it.
  2. Two Calabim nations had existed at the same time for a decent amount of time, and triggered their world spell at similar times.
  3. I reloaded a lot around the time they launched their spell, and somehow thought several have been casted where only one had been at any given times.

I'm somewhat confused with myself, I'll be on the lookout, but I guess this was a false alarm, at worse (option), there had been 2 bloodbaths in an ongoing game of 300 turns, so it is totally bearable.

Sorry again for the delay and the false alarm and thanks for the diligent answer

Top Bottom