1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Revolution: with BarbarianCiv, Rebellion, AIAutoPlay

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by jdog5000, May 16, 2006.

1. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

I got an idea for this. (I havnt read the whole thread, so someone might have suggested a similar idea)

Every time you go into anarchy to switch Civics, or when you switch to a specific, for example, government Civic, there is a Chance (possibly a setting, some might prefer a 100% chance) of a leader change. So if you change to Police State as the germans, maybe you change leader to Hitler, etc.

Or atleast that could be the way it could work for the A.I.

2. Caesium

Caesium Radiant!

Where can I find your SDK files? They aren't in the zip.

3. junter

junter Chieftain

Now the rebels have the same technological level of your troops but they are too! Why the rebels but he don't sometimes go out does it stop the production only?

4. Blazer6

Blazer6 King

Are you trying to ask if rebels can produce their own units? The answer is yes.

5. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Excellent. Hopefully that will increase the survivability of some of the fledgling countries.

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

I've got a few hours before work... I'll start a game up. And then take it to work and finish it! :D

6. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

Yeah, my bad ... just plain forgot. They've been added as a seperate download on the front page. In the notes to modders section.

7. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

The Barbarian State, no ... civs that form from a Barbarian city, yes. The settled barb civs are complete, normal civs.

Eventually ... there's a lot I want to do, and only so much time.

I have never heard of this ... perhaps you need to clear your cache?

8. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

:lol: :lol: Enjoy! The fledgling rebels in this new version need a little help to get themselves situated ... they won't get 25 units anymore! If the motherland is weak or distracted with other wars, then their chances are decent. Their chances become pretty good if there are multiple unhappy cities in an area.

9. Dom Pedro II

I'm not really sure whether the mod is working... I haven't seen any spawning of new civilizations nor have I seen any rebellions. But I also noticed that when I killed China, rather than simply dropping to the bottom of the ranking with a score of 0, they were actually removed entirely from the ranking.

So I'm not sure what's going on.

(And yes, I work in the computer lab at my college and it's summer term so no one is there and I just sit around on the computer)

10. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

I added TheLopez's Dead Civ's Scoreboard mod comp ... you can change the behavior in the ini file, but the default is to remove dead civ's from the scoreboard. This was done so that, when a rebel overwrites a dead rebel's slot, names in the scoreboard don't suddenly disappear or change.

11. Dom Pedro II

Nice. I prefer that actually. Course, still doesn't tell me whether this thing is working properly or not :hmm:

It's 1820 AD, so I would've expected something at some point... I'm guessing probably it's not working. Though obviously it's reading the python just fine.

I'll try a new game here at work and see if it goes.

12. The Great Apple

The Great Apple Big Cheese

Stick on AIAutoPlay - then you can test it without having to wait very long ;)

13. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

It's working for me ... if you start with a fairly empty world and run AIAutoPlay as TGA suggests for ~250 turns you should definitely see a BarbCiv popup (will take < 15min). If you're playing with a full world, it's entirely possible no Barb cities advanced sufficiently to settle down ...

14. Dom Pedro II

Yeah, I assumed it was working for you, which is what makes me think that it might have something to do with clearing out the cache or whatever, but I couldn't find where that was... so I'll have a look at it on the computer here at work. (Soon as the other lab tutor goes home and surrenders the machine to me... :evil:)

15. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

The cache is in (username)\Application Data\My Games\Sid's CivIV\cache ... you can clean out that entire folder (or probably just delete the folder). Hope that solves it!

16. Dom Pedro II

Out of curiousity, now that TheLopez has released a pirate mod, you think you'll do your own? Incorporate his? Or modify his?

17. Justinian519

Justinian519 Chieftain

Great job jdog500. Just one question Is there a way to apply this mod to other mods? Like could you use the autoplay in something like the world war 2 mod?

18. Blazer6

Blazer6 King

I really wish this can work with Sevomod in the future.
    I like how the autoplay feature works, but if my civ behaves like the other AI, they really need to focus on getting stronger technologies instead of just random cheap techs.

19. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

Yeah, I saw he released one ... I haven't had a chance to check his implementation out yet. I kind of have an idea of how I want it to work in my head, if his fits I'll just use it or adapt it a little.

20. jdog5000

jdog5000 Revolutionary

Absolutely! I've gotten several questions about this ... I think I'll release AIAutoPlay as its own component in the mod component section soon, with some notes on how to incorporate it into other mods. It is a major help when debugging ... you see exactly what the AI player sees, easier to use than the Chipotle way ;)

Watching the AI is really an eye opening experience ... you quickly understand why giving the computer players all those bonuses on higher levels isn't really cheating ... they're not really intelligent! The AI disbands a lot of units because of financial problems ... waste waste waste! Financial issues and planning are the biggest problem IMO, followed by an inability to defend against barb units. These are related, as the barb units walk in and destroy cottage after cottage. They AI doesn't set up a perimeter or even attack them most of the time (seems to only attack with charriots or horse archers).

I've also once watched an AI completely bankrupt itself with new cities ... not just had to turn research to zero, but even with research at zero it was still losing money. It disbanded all units but 1 defender per city, including all its workers (so it had no hope!). Then, in the top left corner, next to the empty treasury, was the word (STRIKE) and none of its cities could produce anything. Needless to say, it was cannon fodder pretty quick ...