• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RevolutionDCM for BTS

I know that. I also know that Environmentalism is the favourite civic of Bull, and I know it's way too early for him to have medicine :)

Ah, well, I kind of read as you weren't sure you had checked Random Personalities. Sorry.

...Sitting Bull has +2 with Kublai Khan for "You have wisely chosen your civics" while he should not ? As far as I know, I did not check 'random personalities' and it's way too early to have environmentalism.

I thought this wasn't dependent on favourite civics only but also comes into effect if some of the civics match at any given moment?

...and thanks to glider and jdog for making this happen!

Why no ethnic diverse units, i find that its missing a little annoying to be honest! Every other mod includes it because its really cool.

I thought this wasn't dependent on favourite civics only but also comes into effect if some of the civics match at any given moment?

...and thanks to glider and jdog for making this happen!

In unmodded BtS, they would both have to be running SBs favourite civic for SB to get the +2. So if he hasn't got medicine yet, something is different.

Great work with the new version! Tried it and got killed by barbarians really early in the game when I tried the Barbarian world option. Seems to be more challenging now... :lol:

great work, thx for that mod

but i´m having a problem with den "next war"-Modul. i always get an xml error that a iTechCostModifier ist used but not declared in the DTD/schema
in the CIV4EraInfos.xml

any help, or did i miss something about the support of the modules?

greeting

Yes, I believe you will need to change one of the schema files in the module. Open the file CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml in a text editor for both the module and the one which comes with RevDCM. In the RevDCM one you will find two section bracketed by:
<!-- BBAI start ....
something
<!-- BBAI end ...

You'll need to copy these two bits over to the corresponding parts of the schema file for the module.

@Andien
There's also a utility in the modules folder for automating schema conversion. It looks into RevDCM and brings across all the necessary schemas into the woc module and all your installed woc modules. It works really well so long as you have java installed. Double click woc_converter and select the schema tab. If you want woc sounds, double click woc_installer which at the moment does nothing but install audio info into revdcm proper. The module will work in any case but without sound. Mamba and co did a great job with the base utility. Mamba has a version of Nextwar for woc going as well. There are a few versions of nextwar floating around in woc format. If you are having no luck, we can sort it here.

@BobBrown
Again, check out Mamba's woc work on diversica.

Cheers.

@Andien
There's also a utility in the modules folder for automating schema conversion. It looks into RevDCM and brings across all the necessary schemas into the woc module and all your installed woc modules. It works really well so long as you have java installed. Double click woc_converter and select the schema tab. If you want woc sounds, double click woc_installer which at the moment does nothing but install audio info into revdcm proper. The module will work in any case but without sound. Mamba and co did a great job with the base utility. Mamba has a version of Nextwar for woc going as well. There are a few versions of nextwar floating around in woc format. If you are having no luck, we can sort it here.

@BobBrown
Again, check out Mamba's woc work on diversica.

Cheers.

Hehe, thanks for the praise. I will probably move to RevDCM (from WoC Lite) with this release, still have to work on integrating it though :)

When ordering a worker to clear a forest, it stops the turn before completion for no reason.

When ordering a worker to clear a forest, it stops the turn before completion for no reason.

That's a BULL feature, it stops it at the last turn so you can line up for massive chops. You can disable it in the BUG control panel.

Just played a game until 1550 on a duel sized pangaea with 5 civs.

No AI declarations of war except one, which was an AI dogpiling onto someone I was fighting.

No other wars. Pangaea meant no minor/barbarian civs to distract the AI.

Same settings, same result.

No AI-spawned wars outside of revolution.

I Ran an AI Auto-play game too, and there was 2 wars, both revolution caused. All the starting civs dogpiled the revolutionaries and killed them, and everyone was really happy with each other, for the rest of the game. The AI eventually won a diplo victory. I wonder if there is a bug here, limiting or blocking wars.

Top Bottom