1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RevolutionDCM for BTS

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by glider1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. loseth

loseth Warlord

I'd like to incorporate RevDCM into my personal mod (which is XML only--no SDK or python), but my mod currently uses several modular civilizations from CIVGold, as well as the modular ethnicity-specific unit animations from CivGold. If I just throw these modular folders into RevDCM, will there be a conflict?

2. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

probably not, though you might have to change modularloading = 1 in the ini file

3. loseth

loseth Warlord

Cool. After I finish my current game, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

4. loseth

loseth Warlord

OK. A couple more questions:

Does RevDCM include the culturally linked starting locations mod? If so, does this also apply to newly-spawned civs (either through revolution or barbarians settling)?

How difficult would it be to change the Rev component so that revolutions and Barbarian-spawned civs only start after a certain time period (e.g. 1500AD)?

5. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

As far as I know, it doesn't include that mod component. However Revolution mod is set to choose new civs first from list that are close neighbours (historically) and if the list doesn't have available choices then the civ is chosen from civs that use the same artstyle.

6. loseth

loseth Warlord

OK, that sounds like something I can work with in my mod. Does that apply for rebel civs as well as settled barbs?

Also, where's the list of who's historically close to who? Is that in the Python files? If so, is it easy enough for a modding dummy like me (who usually touches nothing beyond XML) to edit it? ;)

7. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

I think it applies to rebels only (not sure). The file you're looking for is RebelTypes.py in python\revolution -folder and it's pretty self-explanatory and easy to edit. :)

8. mamba

mamba Deity

Didn't know that, now the next question is, how does it know which civs were neighbours ?

In theory it could actually know this in coding, but not for additional civs I add to my mod. Do I need to specify this somewhere in order for it to work for new civs ?

9. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

they are coded, in the rebelTypes.py, its easy to change. Each civ basically has a harcoded list, but it can be reduced down to zero if you prefer, or as many as you want I'm pretty sure. And yes, you'll need to update that if you added civs.

10. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored

I know there's been a LOT of changes and adds to RevDCM, but is it still at v2.61 still? Or do I need to update via SVN?

11. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

pretty sure its still at 2.61, but glider1 is also working on a MP compatible version.

12. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

SVN. You can also download and install Legends of Revolution, as it's pretty close to being up to date with the current SVN. The design of RevDCM is to make it a stable gamecore available for other mod mergers; as such it makes as few changes to things like units, civs, etc as possible from vanilla BtS, RevDCM simply adds new functionality to gameplay, like revolutions and inquisitions. LoR isn't confined by the same restrictions, so it adds a few things, but it's pretty much RevDCM with some balance tweaks and a few extra techs added to smooth some things out in BtS in order to play like a coherent expansion pack to Civ4.

13. loseth

loseth Warlord

OK, excellent. One more question now: how easy is it to control which civs pop up when Barbs settle? I'm asking because my mod is a 'colonialism' game where you play one of the great Old-World colonial powers of the 16th to early 20th Cs (France, Netherlands, Japan, etc.). I use a Terra map and set it up so that all initial nations are Old-World colonial powers, but all potential colonies are New-World, either native American or states of European colonists (America, Mexico, Brazil, etc.). I wouldn't want Barbs that settle and turn into a civ in the Americas to become, say, Austria--I'd want them to be the Inca or the Iroquois or something similar. I'd also like to set it up so that any revolutions in the Old-World produce an Old-World rebel civ, rather than a New-World one. Any way I can accomplish that (with programming skills limited only to XML and python that is absolutely idiot-proof)?

14. Webrider

Webrider Prince

Did you guys get multiplayer fixed?

15. glider1

glider1 Deity

Partially. There is a test build going on over here:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=353684
    I'm not getting much activity with it because it is not a feature rich build, just raw BTS319 and Revolutions.

Thanks to the hard work of Phungus and Jdog, I might be able to package up a RevDCM 2.7 release by the end of the week, so keep testing the latest version to catch any last minute bugs that might be applicable. There is a lot of changes and updates in 2.7. As for MP in RevDCM, it's planned, but as for 2.7 itself we shall see.

Cheers

16. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Hey glider, one thing that's always bothered me is the hit% of ranged bombard. I have all the units with it enabled set to 100 accuracy in the XML in LoR, but they don't seem to hit more then 1/3rd of the time in the field, and maybe 10% of the time against units in cities. I think the XML needs to change to reflect actual values. Why is 100 so low? Where in the DLL is this controlled, and how can we give modders more intuitive control over the accuracy of the units when ranged bombarding?

I found this in CvUnit:

if (GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(odds, "Bombard Accuracy") <= getDCMBombAccuracy())

But I'm not sure how the syntax for SorenRandNum works. Anyway, I think if you set a Ranged Bombard accuracy to 100, it should hit 100% in the field, and if there are city modifiers, then these should be clearly visible in the GlabalDefinesAlt file or somewhere like it. Right now modmakers that use the RevDCM core have to shoot in the dark when picking accuracy numbers to get the behavior they want. It's impossible to figure anything out about what the values should be, which is just poor design in my opinion. Any idea how to fix it? I don't think a total re write is necessary but at the very least moders should be able to determine what the accuracy number means, because right now I can't figure it out, and I'm on the RevDCM dev team :confused:

17. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

I've put a pre-release installer for RevDCM and for it's add ons. The pre-release has the BULL MP fix, but doesn't have glider's MP fixes in his RevMP development build. So if you work on a major mod it wol't hurt to use these to start updating from, as the upcoming changes glider makes over the next couple of days will be pretty minor, but the changes in this build from 2.61 are extensive and major, so it will take most of you that use a RevDCM core a while to update. As a pre-release this is mainly here for testing, please try to break it through playtesting; if you manage to break something, please post a save along with any relevant information.

If you have a copy of RevDCM already installed, delete it, or run the installer twice (as it will automatically uninstall on the second installation, because it will detect a RevDCM registry key and run the uninstaller to ensure any old versions are removed). Not doing so will definitely cause issues, as alot of files have been removed.

RevDCM 2.7 pre-release Setup
    RevDCM AddOns v1.0

Spoiler :
    Current 2.7 changelog:
    • Updated BUG and BULL components to current versions (BUG 4.3, and BULL 1.1)
    • Swapped out old Civic Screen with RoM's Civic Screen, removes needed SDK functions and is much simpler
    • Fixed bug with tech diffusion and AI's trade denials (thanks Afforess)
    • Normalized Loading of Revolution.ini with other BUG components (fixes user specific loss of interface bug)
    • Added Afforess's Python callbacks (should improve performance)
    • Fixed Python Error "newCividx is not defined"
    • Packed art into fpk
    • Added HasMet check to Worst Enemy trading penalty
    • Added many, many translations; RevDCM should be nearly entirely translated in German, and well polished in Italian (Thanks Snophru & Gaplus)
    • Updated Credits screen in the BUG options tab to reflect this is RevDCM, and not BUG
    • Removed WoC UnitResource Icons
    • Update to BBAI 0.84 (fixes CTD in v 0.83)
    • Updated IDW AI so that AIs can now raze cities when IDW enabled
    • Created new GDA value which modifies the IDW effect on tiles with cities. Default is 0.2, so that city tiles are effected 1/5th as much as regular tiles by IDW influence
    • Improved Tech grant for Barb civs, new World Barbarian civs shouldn't be so advanced: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=345290
    • Movies defined for any building now work correctly. Designed with big mods in mind: Wonder splash only occurs for buildings that have a movie defined, and World Wonders. -updated to be a BUG module (thanks Lemon Merchant)
    • Added Scenario Modcomp that allows loading of BtS scenarios that have less defined players then the dll (default BtS scenarios now playable with RevDCM) -Thanks Tamudjin!
    • Changed all inquisitor code to a Softcoded format handled in the XML (see UnitInfos for relevant tags). Fixed many bugs in Inquisitions code.
    • Inquisitions moved entirely into the SDK (thanks Afforess)
    • Wrote install script for RevDCM, tested. Waiting on final Release for packaging it.
      • Allows easy installation for all users, and insures correct intallation
      • Eliminates need for "launch as admin", and elimnates some rare user specific crash to desktops
      • automatically tests for 3.19 patch
      • allows creation of easy to use shortcuts for easy accessibility to the mod
    • Created New Installer options, moved a few RevDCM default components into being optional
      • Dale's Nuclear changes, such as the chain reactor and atomic bomber; brings RevDCM in line with default BtS
      • Better Ship Scale WoC module; makes it so launching as admin is not necessary with new installer, since WoC modules require admin privlages to work correctly
      • Choose Religions; multiple confirmed bug reports caused by conflicts with the Pick Religions gameoption, and this python component
    • Added a few XML tags to make things easier on mod modders and necessary for new inquisitions code to work
      • FeatureInfos:
        • GrowthSound: allows modders to set a specific sound for feature growth, rather then always getting the forest sound
      • CivicInfos:
        • Cloned bUpgradeAnywhere tag (allows units to upgrade outside national borders, introduced in previous RevDCM version) from TraitInfos
        • bAllowInquisitions: Defines a civic as enabling inquisitions
        • bDisallowInquisitions: Defines a civic as disabling inquisitions (overrides all other conditions)
      • UnitInfos:
        • bForceObsoleteTech: makes a unit untrainable when a defined tech is learned
        • bInquisitor: Unit can run inquisitions missions if inquisitions conditions are met
        • bStateReligion: State relgion required in city to train unit
        • PrereqGameOption: If set, gameoption required to be enabled in the game for the unit to be trained
        • NotGameOption: If set, the unit may not be trained if the specified gameoption is selected
        • PrereqOrCivics: If set, the unit my only be trained if the player is running one of the specified civics
        • PrereqBuildingClasses: If set, the unit may only be trained if specified buildingclasses have been built in the city

18. phungus420

phungus420 Deity

Looking over it I realize I should add Afforess to the credits tab in the BUG options. If you feel your name should be in the credits as well, please let me know, and if your claim is reasonable I'll add you.

19. Ninja2

Ninja2 Great Engineer

Did you try changing this setting? There's also a distance penalty in the code, so the further out you try to bombard, the less accurate you get. But I agree, it's very difficult to clearly understand what's going on.

20. cripp7

cripp7 Playin' Bored