RevolutionDCM for BTS

Anyway, while I don't have a clear opinion of new advisors/button placement stuff (=mostly harmless), there is one part that I feel is worse than in vanilla BTS:

The new Civics advisor thingy (F3). There is no button to turn it off in ctrl+alt+o. So I'd like to ask: Is there an easy way to get back the vanilla civics advisor? (can I just remove some file, remove some lines in some file?)
Funny you should say this, I prefer the stock BtS versions myself. It's easy enough to revert it though, (and I have done this in LoR). Simply delete CvCivicsScreen.py in the RevolutionDCM/Assets/Python/Screens folder to revert back to the stock BtS civic screen.

Actually we've tracked that bug to BULL, so we recently found out specifically what is causing it. While this was the most egregious issue, RevDCM has never been supported in MP, and the current goal is to get it working in MP, at least as well as base BtS, so there is alot more to do. Currently glider1 is dilligently working on the MP compatible build, so he's the only one who knows when the next MP test release will be out.

All right. In the meantime is it possible to desactivate BULL ? (Unless the error is on the sdk side...).

For the RevDCM MP build it would be nice to reimplement the popups using the bts "event-style" message (I'm using them to avoid OOS with python based trait/wonder)...

I'm having a problem with the mod. I've installed it all as normal but when I try to launch a game it crashes to the desktop and says Civ 4 isn't responding. I've tried lauching without any of the included mods ticked and the same error. GEM works fine, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong with Rev. Any obvious mistakes I should be looking out for?

That almost always means you're not updated to 3.19. Also that can be caused by not launching as an adminstrator when a WoC module is activated (which the old version available for release still has on by default, we should probably update the current version to what's in the SVN). So yeah, ensure you are patched to 3.19, if you are, create a shortcut for RevDCM and launch it as an adminstrator. (To create a shortcut to it, copy a BtS shortcut and add mod="RevolutionDCM" to the target path).

Also you can try Legends of Revolution, it's installer checks your BtS version number and tells you if it's not updated:

Legends of Revolution download

All right. In the meantime is it possible to desactivate BULL ? (Unless the error is on the sdk side...).

Unfortunately BULL is the BUG dll, (ie it's the SDK components of the BUG UI), and thus can't be deactivated. Rest assured though glider is working on an MP test release, hopefully we can have one out shortly.

I'm stucky with the admin run now, sorry! Where do I add mod="RevolutionDCM" to the target path exactly?

Obviously I have this:

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe"

I can't seem to put it in without an error message telling me the file path is incorrect.

If that's the current target, set it to this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod="RevolutionDCM"

You just add mod="RevolutionDCM" on the end :) But yeah, it's one of those things you need to see I guess, because otherwise you don't know if it goes before or after the "" marks, and such.

Unfortunately BULL is the BUG dll, (ie it's the SDK components of the BUG UI), and thus can't be deactivated. Rest assured though glider is working on an MP test release, hopefully we can have one out shortly.

All right, Happy to do some debugging/beta testing when its released.

@Phungus
Thanks for the work on support and info on Bug/Bull in MP. Looks like MP is generally stuffed even in ROM 271. At this stage I'll go back into the laboratory with my three machines on Jan 4-5 and try to get a simple implementation of MP working in this way:
1) RevolutionMP for BTS319 working for nothing but "accept", "reject" and "bribe"
2) Release that for people to try in MP. Carwyn has said she and her friends can do this as a broader beta test for me.
3) Continue to refine RevolutionMP for changeplayer and autoplay.

Once that build is clearly working as well as BTS319 in MP, then I'll forge ahead. First will come BetterBTSAI and MP testing. Then will come BUG/BULL and MP testing. Then will come ranged bombard and MP testing. Then WOCLite and MP testing. Then SS and MP Testing. ETC ETC. Eventually I might be able to track down the root source cause of all the MP problems.

If you would like me to do it somehow differently, go ahead and suggest. Cheers and enjoy the new years bash!
Cheers

I have been playing GEM scenario 1860 AD. I have made this into it's own standalone mod and added to the tech tree, but I never messed with Military Tradition, and for some reason, I cannot perform defensive pacts. The mod uses RevDCM, how do you enable defensive pacts, and how do I turn on the Revolutions options? I was wondering because Revolutions is turned off, is that why I cannot perform defensive pacts? If not can someone tell me what's going on, I don't get it. Thanks for the help.

I am going to ask one of the dumbest questions that you guys have probably seen for a little while. I just began to reinstall Visual Studio 2003 in Windows XP mode in Windows 7. Well ok I got it working. I tested with the WoC Lite code and just BtS, and it compiled.

My problem is I get a compiler limit error when trying to build the RevDCM dll. It occurs while trying to build the CyCityInterface1.cpp. I noticed the BUG comments are in the CyCityInteface2.cpp as well. So are they both needed?

Well anyway if someone can tell me what you are compiling the source code in that my help me out if nothing else. Maybe I am doing a stupid error, but I can't see what at the moment.

The Cy____Interface.cpp files have a limit to how much they can contain for compiler reasons, so this is why there are multiple interface files for some Cy types. In your case you need to move some things from CyCityInterface1.cpp to CyCityInterface2.cpp and that should solve the problem.

I scratched my head about that same compiler error for a while back when I first ran into it too ... it's obtuse for sure.

The Cy____Interface.cpp files have a limit to how much they can contain for compiler reasons, so this is why there are multiple interface files for some Cy types. In your case you need to move some things from CyCityInterface1.cpp to CyCityInterface2.cpp and that should solve the problem.

I scratched my head about that same compiler error for a while back when I first ran into it too ... it's obtuse for sure.

Did not matter. I could not compile it with a Visual Studio 2003 project file. I am still confused why. Anyway first time I used a makefile. Always used the VS 2003 project file before. Anyway I compiled it.

@Anyone
I merged the WoC Lite Rapture with RevDCM. It is just a quick merge though. I need to work on it more, but the xml can be played with by anyone. SDK is in it. As well as a debug dll.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14017

There seems to be some flaw in the modular loading of promotions. While the promotion does get loaded, I can always get it right away, no matter what its prerequisites are.

Maybe it is because they all have a NONE prerequisite ?

Spoiler :
Code:
			<PromotionPrereq>NONE</PromotionPrereq>
			<PromotionPrereqOr1>PROMOTION_FORMATION2</PromotionPrereqOr1>
			<PromotionPrereqOr2>NONE</PromotionPrereqOr2>

Not sure this is it, esp. since this is true for many standard promotions as well (e.g. PROMOTION_CHARGE).

This is only true for modular promotions, not the ones in Assets/XML (obviously).

If this could be analyzed and fixed, I'd appreciate it :)

Hi, I found some event bugs when playing HEPHMOD BEYOND v 1.0 BETA B (RevDCM 2.61).

Bug 1:

Bug 2:

Bug 3:

Also attached savegames for bug 1. Let me know if you need savegames for other bugs too or some other information.
View attachment 240148

Top Bottom