1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RevolutionDCM for BTS

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by glider1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

Had the same bugs to Dafy's.

Also where can i get a kind of manual or something to understand revolution mechanics? Those RevIdx etc parameters and values in city screen that do not go with togeter have little scense for me

2. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

OMFG, could we get killmeplease's Defender withdrawal at least as an option for RevDCM? Please, Please, Please? :bounce:

As an old-time wargamer (since 40 years ago), I've always chafed at Civ's lack of "Defender Retreat" combat results. :(
    This looks like a totally acceptable resolution.

3. Webrider

Webrider Prince

Is multiplayer still hosed? I know this is a hot question, I don't vist this site all that often. I was cussed at over in the Rise of Mankind thread for asking if it was fixed in 2.81 and was pointed here. Sorry if this is the wrong thread.

To me if they put this mod in theirs they should at least not get upset when someone asks a question. I'm not a modder so I don't know one mod in another, guess that is done alot?

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Well, the fix for the bug is out, but the RevDCM have not updated their source code to fix it. I however, have. My latest beta with the fix will be out in a few hours. :p

However, MP is still hosed with the Revolution Mod & Change Leaders. I haven't fixed that. There are/were two bugs, Revolutions, and a bug with the Sentry Actions. The new Sentry Actions caused the OOS error when attacking anything. The Revolutions Gameoption causes OOS when someone changes leaders. I've only got the fix for the Sentry Action bug, if you were looking for the other one, Glider1, who has been working on it is MIA.

5. Webrider

Webrider Prince

I don't understand. Is this for the rise of mankind 2.81 fix or what do you mean you have a fix? Do I install the fix as a patch for a mod and where do I find it>?

6. Afforess

It's for Rise of Mankind. Look at my sig.

7. Webrider

Webrider Prince

you mentioned you beta would be out in a few hours yesterday, is it ready yet this morning?

8. Carwyn

Carwyn Prince

glider1 is having some problems in real life that are keeping him from working on RevDCM Multiplayer at the moment. Not sure when he might be able to do something at this time. :(

I was wondering if the ability to change leaders could just be turned off for multiplayer compatibility?

The Revolution part has been playable, if you are willing to deal with the revolution popup window happening for ALL players when one has a problem and agreeing to whatever resulting action you are going to take. You can turn that off if that bothers you, but that is the main thing we like when we play usually. :)

Afforess - can your fix for the sentry OOS be implemented in ROM 2.81itself, rather than just the New Dawn addons? Thanks for finding it.

9. Afforess

Well, The BUG team are the one who fixed it, so the fix will trickle down to RoM 2.9 (hopefully).

10. nutnut

nutnut Budding Modder

I'm getting an infuriating bug at the moment. Whenever I send bombers to airstrike units the game stops responding so I have to close the programme down. This has happened to me twice so far, once with fighters accompanying the bombers and once without. On both occasions the units were located in cities protected by opposing fighters.

11. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

I don't know if glider1 is still active or what, but I was having several issues merging this with another mod. It is a XML and python only mod, so I don't see why I'm having issues, but I think there are some things hardcoded with magic variables and what not, so if you remove techs or religions and other various things it will crash regardless. Oh well, I did really want to use this as a base but it appears there are too many issues.

12. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

well, I guess I was kinda right... Found the docs to help merge and whew, that was much easier. Thanks a ton for including that. :)

13. Gladdig_Kaga

Gladdig_Kaga Chieftain

Is there any plans to make it multiplayer compatible? And also which parts of it aren't compatible with multiplayer?

14. BeastMaster

BeastMaster Chieftain

how r u compiling the sdk, i keep getting debug size errors whether i use /ZI or /Z7, i have every version of visual c++ from 6.0 to current, with gcc make files are easy, but this _precompile.cpp makes microsofts namke complain even with the "/f" flag?

thx in advance for ur response

15. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

i dont know much about it but I'm pretty sure you should be using /EHsc

16. BeastMaster

BeastMaster Chieftain

/EHsc is not associated w/ the error i am getting, its the debug size limit error (/ZI | i tried using /Z7)

i am going to pull the lazy card here and just ask, BUT i am sure it is mentioned somewhere in the 120+ pages on this thread.

1) what compiler r u using?
    2) what flags / options r u using on the cmd line if u r not using an IDE?

i have vs 2003 .net and can compile the bts 3.19 dll w/o any errors, as soon as i merge the RevDCM source files i get a debug size error via the IDE w/ OR w/o the /ZI changed to /Z7.

using the nmake via the cmd line i get an error stating nmake does not know how to compile _precompile.cpp

any help would be nice, 120+ pages on this thread is a bit much to read with real life to deal with.

thx in advance

17. Afforess

Where did you get the sources from? The SVN link only has changed source code, for the full source code, you need to get a copy of the BTS CvGameCoreDLL folder, then overwrite it with the SVN source code, then compile.

18. BeastMaster

BeastMaster Chieftain

i used the sources from the zip file : RevolutionDCM_261_sources.zip and then merged with the original bts sources that come w/ the 3.19 update

19. Afforess

IDK what you are doing wrong, I followed Rafer's guide (see Modiki SDK section) and VS 2008 Express to compile

I would post in the SDK/Python forum, more people will be able to help you there.

20. BeastMaster

BeastMaster Chieftain

thx, i am using VS 2003 .NET to compile ( which compiles the non-changed SDK w/o errors ), but i will try the VS 2008 as i have it also, just not the express version - should be no difference between express and professional.

thx for your help!