RevolutionDCM for BTS

If you figure out the fixes for this, can you please post your revised code?

Mmmm, I'm still missing something.
Right now if you choose "defect" the game hangs as soon as you get control of your defecting units and try to move the first one.
I've kind of solved the bug by just commenting out the line

Code:
game.setForcedAIAutoPlay(iPlayerID, 1, true) # Releases this player turn to the AI, human player changed below so that human now will control rebels

(line 4983 in revolution.py).

But there's a new problem, as I've explained earlier: right now when you choose to defect it looks like it does nothing until you end your turn. Then on the next turn you get control of the defecting units. Problem is that this behaviour is exploitable because you could kill all your "loyal" units after you've chosen to defect but before you start the next turn in control of your defecting units. I still think it's better because at least you can go on with the game as intended; but I'm still trying to figure out why you can't get control of your new civ straight away (or why you can't move more than 1 unit in the following turn, if you use the old code). Especially since "Accept and take control of the new civ" is working perfectly either if you remove that line of code or if you don't.

For some reason, BUG doesn't want to recognize a Steam install of BtS. What file do I need to update to tell it the path to the game files?

For some reason, BUG doesn't want to recognize a Steam install of BtS. What file do I need to update to tell it the path to the game files?

Lemon doesn't' have the Steam version I believe. However, I think there was a similar question regarding your issue posted in her thread. I realize that this a few days late to your question, but better than nothing :).

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a way to "turn down" this mod? I love what it does, but I'd like it to be more of a minor addition to the game rather than something that drastically changes how you have to play. Personally, I'd like the unrest/revolt chance to be about 50% what it is now and resistance spawn chance to be about 25% what it is now.

Even just pointing to the right source file(s) to poke at would be great.

Hello, I want to report a bit of a problem.

I can't seem to look at other Civ's (and mine) religion in the scoreboard. I am currently playing using the steam version of the game. IIRC when I previously play using non-steam version of the game, I didn't notice this problem.

Is this a problem solely for the steam version of the game?

Attachments

• 2015-11-09_00003.jpg
    2015-11-09_00003.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 322
  • 2015-11-09_00005.jpg
    2015-11-09_00005.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 282
I realised I asked this before, but I didn't get an answer last time: how do I combine Next War with this mod? I've been given the impression it's supposed to be, like, supah-easy but I can't find any decent instructions. Am I supposed to drop the Next War folder into the RevDCM folder? Is there a menu for this somehere somewhere? What?

I'm beginning to suspect this is not the place to be to get answers, but I have another questions: what exactly is national/empire stability and how does it interact with local stability?

Merging mod is never as easy as dropping a folder, it usually requires changing python and in this case even dll files. About your question, I think national stability is connected with different nationalities of your citizens. There's a rather complicated formula in some python files, connecting all revolution parameters.
Anyway I don't think this mod is still being developed so you probably won't get many answers here.

Thanks. But what does national stability do? The same thing as local stability? I'm confused that it'd say my empire unstable and that my instability graph is peaking even though all my cities have little to none revolt risk. And then there are the separet revolt modifiers with civics.

As far as I understand it local stability is city based. This includes buildings built or not, units stationed in the city, local tax rate, nationality of citizens and actions recently taken. National stability is based on empire wide things like civics, size of the empire (varied by era and civics I think) and your income, tax level and bank balance. The actual effect in a city is based on both of these.

So you can perfectly well have an "unstable" empire based on national factors though all your cities are actually safe based on local factors.

But why have separate stability modifiers with civics if they end up doing the same? Slavery gives +3 local instability and +1 national stability while serfdom gives +1 local and +3 national for instance.

Because they're not simply added, they're multiplied for tweakable factors and AFAIK calculation is not straightforward but rather complex to give you a final revolution value for every city. So having 3 national and 1 empire stability/unstability points is not the same than having 1 and 3 respectively.

Another question, now that answers are rolling in, is there a recommended map size/AI/game speed with barbarians civs and revolutions? Diplomacy gets tricky with all those extra parties in the game. My first game on a large map/aggressive AI/marathon was manic and halfway the game I'd gotten awful relationships with pretty much everyone except one and vassals, simply because of the torrid of war requests. Now a third into my second game, the same settings except with regular AI and it's been the complete opposite: predictable and dull. Maybe it's better to play this with aggressive AI on a standard map: less parties, less wars, but not less warlike.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14087723 said:
Because they're not simply added, they're multiplied for tweakable factors and AFAIK calculation is not straightforward but rather complex to give you a final revolution value for every city. So having 3 national and 1 empire stability/unstability points is not the same than having 1 and 3 respectively.

I see. Thanks.

You have to play and discover by yourself. There are many mods including Revolution and the same option behaves differently in different mods. Also mapsize and handicap don't have the same meaning in different mods. If you're talking specifically of Revolution DCM, I don't know since I don't use it as a standalone mod.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is there a way to "turn down" this mod? I love what it does, but I'd like it to be more of a minor addition to the game rather than something that drastically changes how you have to play. Personally, I'd like the unrest/revolt chance to be about 50% what it is now and resistance spawn chance to be about 25% what it is now.

Even just pointing to the right source file(s) to poke at would be great.

Here are a few suggestions: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=506222

Nothing quick'n easy though.

I agree that the revolutions are too much. They'd be a nice thing to have to occasionally shake up the game, not to happen with clockwork regularity.

I've just installed version 2.90 of this and when I try and open the Religion Advisor I get these errors. The first is when I first open the screen, the second is when I try and click "CANCEL" to close it. The only way I can close it is to open up another advisor and then close that. All the other advisor screens work okay.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 258
Looks like this was caused by trying to disable the BUG Religion Advisor screen. If I enabled it it works. Also found I can just copy in the original CvReligionScreen.py file if I want the standard screen.

Top Bottom