RevolutionDCM for BTS

Great mod!

there is an issue with diplomacy when contacted by other civs. Sometimes text is gone and sometimes you can't reply thus text is there. What to do?

One new question :p

Is there something special to do when editing the GameFont.tga file ?

I used, as I did before with success (with another font file) the program DXTBmp to edit the GameFont.tga file, but as I save it, the file just become a pile of garbage (sorry, no better expression; basically, everything is lost).

One new question :p

Is there something special to do when editing the GameFont.tga file ?

I used, as I did before with success (with another font file) the program DXTBmp to edit the GameFont.tga file, but as I save it, the file just become a pile of garbage (sorry, no better expression; basically, everything is lost).
I noticed the same thing with RevDCM 2.0 some time ago and I uploaded fixed gamefonts that work with DXTBmp. See this post for more info and download the fonts from it.

Don't forget to set the religions and corporations 138 when using zappara's file. That is why I posted before you need the updated XML as well in the fonts folder. The first RevDCM 2.0 fonts XML has 184 set for each. We changed that to 138 for each because of how many resources were actually being displayed.

I used an older version of Revolution DCM for my FutureMod. It was the one that came with two DLLs for different numbers of civs. I can't find it now. Anyway, I had something causing my mod to crash, unfairly blamed it on Rev DCM, fixed it, and now I am at the point in my mod where I am ready to try and change AI behavior slightly. However, while I can compile the latest Rev DCM 2.00 with the included SDK, merging it would mean completely reworking my mod, which I am not prepared to do at this time. I cannot compile the only older version I can now find (1.02 with Better BtS AI 0.7) using the Makefile I had from whatever version it was that I had, and the available sources do not include a makefile. Following Refars instructions in the Tutorial for using the sdk with VC 2005, I get:

the whole thing compiles and then goes to linking...

1> Creating library Final_Release\CvGameCoreDLL.lib and object Final_Release\CvGameCoreDLL.exp
1>LINK : warning LNK4089: all references to 'KERNEL32.dll' discarded by /OPT:REF
1>The system cannot find the path specified.
1> 0 file(s) copied.
1>NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'if' : return code '0x1'
1>Stop.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Tholish\Desktop\YetNewerDLL\CvGameCoreDLL\Final_Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>CvGameCoreDLL - 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Bottom line: can I get a makefile for Rev DCM 1.02? Somebody has to have one sitting around on a hard drive. It should be easy.

Take your pick what you want. I can work for a release of RevDCM 2.1 as "is" but that will not happen until soonest Sunday (North America) because even "packaging it up" takes time, or confirm to me that random events are dead, and I will fix them and release in conjunction with any other "additions" that spring up in the mean time.

Latest source code for 2.1 has been uploaded to sourceforge.

Choice is yours.

I did not have any random event since I included RevDCM in my games; I believe they're dead ;) so I'm personally in favour of fixing that before anything.

Hi glider1,

It seems that there is a problem with the diplomatic screen, i.e. when contacted by other civs.
1. If open borders - text is left out and you can't reply
2. If threat for tech. - text is there, but you can't reply and will have to reload again

This goes for all civilizations, but only when contacted in between turns. It completely blocks the game

How do I solve this??

Thx

Hello everybody. Firstable, I may say this is an excelent mod. Thanks for developing it.

You know, is the first time I try to take a llok at the SDK. I donwloaded the files from the 1st post and copied (and replaced) then into the CvGameCoreDLL folder (a copy). There is a MakeFile that I really don't know what to do with it, but I guess it will be required to build the DLL because when I try to do it, I get the followking errorrs just while Linking everything.

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl CyCityPythonInterface2(class boost::python::class_<class CyCity,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified> &)" (?CyCityPythonInterface2@@YAXAAV?$class_@VCyCity@@Unot_specified@detail@python@boost@@U2345@U2345@@python@boost@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl DLLPublishToPython(void)" (?DLLPublishToPython@@YAXXZ) ... [...]

[...] and some other similar errors. I'm using Visual Studio 2003 and have already chosen Final Release to build the DLL. Does anyone knows what I am missing? :confused:

Hello everybody. Firstable, I may say this is an excelent mod. Thanks for developing it.

You know, is the first time I try to take a llok at the SDK. I donwloaded the files from the 1st post and copied (and replaced) then into the CvGameCoreDLL folder (a copy). There is a MakeFile that I really don't know what to do with it, but I guess it will be required to build the DLL because when I try to do it, I get the followking errorrs just while Linking everything.

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl CyCityPythonInterface2(class boost::python::class_<class CyCity,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified,struct boost::python::detail::not_specified> &)" (?CyCityPythonInterface2@@YAXAAV?$class_@VCyCity@@Unot_specified@detail@python@boost@@U2345@U2345@@python@boost@@@Z) referenced in function "void __cdecl DLLPublishToPython(void)" (?DLLPublishToPython@@YAXXZ) ... [...]

[...] and some other similar errors. I'm using Visual Studio 2003 and have already chosen Final Release to build the DLL. Does anyone knows what I am missing? :confused:

The CyCityInterface2 file I think is not added into the project file. But I could be wrong.

The CyCityInterface2 file I think is not added into the project file. But I could be wrong.

Cool man. Thanks a lot. That was what I was missing :crazyeye: It was something I should had deduced :rolleyes:. I feel really stupid because of that :p. DLL has already been generated. Many thanks to you :goodjob:

@Laudrup1
With the dead diplomacy, are you playing in a non-english language? Are you playing pure RevDCM? We had a problem with diplomacy some time ago but that got resolved by deleting all the ini files in the RevolutionDCM base directory except for "Revolution.ini" and "advanced unit naming.ini". If you delete these by accident as well, does not matter it is non-fatal but not good either. BUG and RevDCM will regenerate the other ini's perfectly and has in the past fixed the diplomacy problem. You will loose your interface customisations though.

@anyone
As an aside for anyone else, during testing I have noticed that in some situations, RevolutionDCM will slow down to double duration time between turns from turn 1 onwards. It is fixed by regenerating the ini's as per above. Why it happens in some situations has escaped me. There are no other effects in the game except for the slower turn times independent of age and complexity. I think it's something inside the BUG code.

@phungus
Thanks for the link to the scroll screen. I intend to fix random events and merge the scrollbar and release during this week.

@Jujulautre
Thanks for the feedback, ok will get onto fixing random events. The game is working well otherwise. Think they have been dead only since version 2.00. It seems interesting but a fair amount of people I suspect do not really care whether random events are working or not. These events are kinda "neutral" really in terms of a great game experience, but will fix them in any case somehow.

Cheers.

Anyone else noticing that the AI behaviour is back to pre-better ai stages? It seems to declare war randomly again and not necessarily on neighbors. I've seen entirely too much "war on someone that I have to have 3 open borders to get to" lately.

OK, never mind 1.02, I merged 2.0 with my mod:

1. In Revolution.py, line 1058, I had to change "RevUtils.computeCivSizeRaw" to
"RevUtils.computeCivSize" or I got an exception popup every turn. There's no such function as computeCivSizeRaw.

2. Since my mod has 9 corporations and 15 religions, to match the size of the old Fonts, I set many of these tags to the same one

<iTGAIndex>0</iTGAIndex>

just to get the mod up. I don't know if that caused it, but now I get all these happy faces and unhealthy faces instead of other icons, a city goes unhappy and no frowning red face, that sort of stuff like I was getting back when I was making my own fonts file, which took a week its so finicky. It would be nice to be able to just turn this aspect off and use a standard fonts file. I'll try the fix mentioned a few posts up, and also I'll try setting rels and corps to not share and see if any of that helps.

EDIT: Heres what worked: I was able to use my old res/fonts tga files by simply changing 184 to 50 in GameFont_GlobalDefines like this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword -->
<!-- Modified by the World of Civilization Team -->
<!-- Global Defines -->
<!-- -->
<Civ4Defines xmlns="x-schema:CIV4GlobalDefinesSchema.xml">	
	<Define>
		<DefineName>GAMEFONT_TGA_RELIGIONS</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
	<Define>
		<DefineName>GAMEFONT_TGA_CORPORATIONS</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>50</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>
</Civ4Defines>

Works great, I put a missionary in with WB and got the correct rel icon, the other icons are correct (the item bullet, the happy face, food yield, etc...)...

ANOTHER EDIT fifty turns later. ctd to the sound of religion being founded.

3. When I load the new version of my mod, I get popups complaining about UnitUtil Line 69, and BugUtil lines 476, 479, and 94. Theres also a list of those text output lines up in the top center like you get to tell you about events, distant wonders being built and such. They list RevolutionDCM.ini not found, BugUtil.ini not found etc... then go away. Note, all these files are where they are in the RevDCM 2.0 download, not where the message says it is looking for them. After that I can exit to main menu, start another game, and never see that stuff again.

Attachments

• inifails.jpg
    inifails.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 61
@anyone
As an aside for anyone else, during testing I have noticed that in some situations, RevolutionDCM will slow down to double duration time between turns from turn 1 onwards. It is fixed by regenerating the ini's as per above. Why it happens in some situations has escaped me. There are no other effects in the game except for the slower turn times independent of age and complexity. I think it's something inside the BUG code.
This reminded me about one optimization tweak I got from some Rise of Mankind user long time ago. In python files change line:

import pickle

to

import cPickle as pickle

This was supposed to speed up turns by 10-50%. I've made some other changes to RevDCM python files in RoM - like making RevDCM components use BugPath.py file instead of the old CvPath.py file which was known to cause some problems in certain computer systems (hence the reason why BugPath was made). Another change was that I enabled DCM concepts pages in sevopedia (they're not working in RevDCM) - this required some python changes as well. For those concept pages I added lot of pedia entries (in RoM) about RevDCM and BUG mod components. You could grab the changes from RoM v2.62 if you want, though those concept pedias are few versions behind, f.ex Better BtS pedia includes only v0.30 info so far as I haven't had time to update those entries.

glider if you can't find the cause of the Random Events bug in the 2.0 build, could you release an updated 1 point something WoC free build with the new fixes and improvements (BetterAI, DCM fixes, etc.) this week? I'd really like to update my mod and there have to be a few of us that use RevDCM that are in the same boat.

The latest build tests out great and seems very stable. Sorry but I do not have time today to upload woc module sample pack or the sources. That will come tomorrow sometime. Sorry as well to Dave Allen for not being able to address his concerns about xml overwriting this release.

There's only so much I can do at a time. For those modders waiting for the sources to be released, I have uploaded everything to sourceforge. Otherwise while you wait, test this latest release in it's base form to be content that it is working up to scratch for your needs....

Enjoy!
Cheers.

Thanks glider. Tomarrow is fine, was just getting antsy because I really need to update LoR, but couldn't with Random Events being broken. BTW, since this has been a reapting issue, if the makefile has changed, remember to add the new debug one to the source, if it's the same as 2.00 then nevermind.

Top Bottom