RFC: BtS Bug Reports

Most unsignificant bug ever:

CityNameManager.py, at line 2107, reads:

elif (sName == 'Edo' or sName == 'Toykyou'):

However it should be Toukyou, not Toykyou.

regarding Dorian Gray's posts:

I'm considering not doing any change to Great Depression formula. While it may be not completely accurate or worse, depression occurances seem to come with appropriate rate. Changing it would mean breaking this balance and possibly require a corrective patch (while I want this next one to be the last). What do you think?

I would still like civs that run state property or mercantilism not to experience negative effects from free market.

What do you think?

I think that the best option would be not to end developing the mod and prove us that it can be even better with every new version :)

BTW: Economic depression happens when we have too many hammers and not enough commerce? I rather run mercantilism so I've never suffered depression but I think it should happen when we have too much commerce compared to hammers (economic bubbles, etc.) and should reduce our commerce (why there is nothing aobut great depression on wiki?).

the penalty for Mercantilism should be even lower if not zero, if we are speaking realistically, and also strategically since this civic kinda sucks compared to all the others in the branch. The foreign trade policies of Mercantilism and State Property are very similar in reality, while in game State Property should actually be MORE prone to foreign negative effects since countries that run State Property do not close completely their foreign trade routes as it happens with Mercantilism. In reality it's the contrary, but this is how it works in the game, so Mercantilism should be immune and State Property should have a low value.

I hope this bug is planned to be fixed for the last patch.

In case somebody doens't understand my post, the bug is: that when a civ, for example America, spawns and a other civ, for example England, starts at war with America, England's vassals do NOT declare war on America.
Spoiler :
A link to a screenshot demonstrating this can be found by clicking the underlined bug word.

I hope this bug is planned to be fixed for the last patch.

In case somebody doens't understand my post, the bug is: that when a civ, for example America, spawns and a other civ, for example England, starts at war with America, England's vassals do NOT declare war on America.
Spoiler :
A link to a screenshot demonstrating this can be found by clicking the underlined bug word.

Seconded. The "reverse" can also be true; last game Russia was my vassal, when Mongolia spawned, they were at war with Russia, but I wasn't, and thus there could never be peace.

I think the code required to make the vassals declare war on spawn is simply missing. Hopefully it will be there now.

Otherwise someone else need to fix this and upload an unofficial patch.

I got global warming in 1733 AD. Nobody is able to build nukes or nuclear power plants yet.

Attachments

• globalwarming.jpg
    globalwarming.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 102
Which took Civ's pro-green agitation to another level. Seriously, that has to go.

Yeah, somebody make a modmod for the far right (at least as perceived in the US) :D:
1. Extra stability for running free trade and no chance of recession
2. Extra stability for police state/nationhood but negative stability for Universal Suffrage
3. Chopping trees produce extra hammers
4. Nukes produce no global warming
5. Marshes and tundra can be terraformed
6. Anybody running religions other than Christianity or Islam get production penalties
7. Courthouses produce gold
8. No stability hit running castes
9. Negative stability hits for every tech discovered after biology (read: atheistic Evilution). :D

Forgot to add:
10. The American UP=all foreign culture instantly converted to 100% American.

Ok! Lets just close this can of worms before it blows up in someone's face... :rolleyes:

Okay I think I should be more sensitive about such statements ... for the record: I'm not denying global warming, I'm into expanding alternative energy use and most things considered environmentalist.

But, let's face it: Chopping forests causing global warming is plain ridiculous.

Top Bottom