RFC:BtS included in the expansion!!

This is amazing, though honestly I would have been much more surprised if it wasn't going to be included. Congrats to Rhye!

The great question to me is whether this is the "secret project" we've been told about. Rhye, any input here?

There isn't enough place for Byzantium because of Greece :rolleyes:
Well, I have a hard time believing that they aren't going to be included in the scenario somehow. Obviously they aren't both going to be able to prosper over their historical territory simultaneously, but that doesn't mean they can't both be in the same game. I'm guessing it's set up so that they reign supreme in their respective time periods. Greece will obviously get the region for the ancient period, then the Byzantines will come along and reign for a few centuries, and then the Ottomans will spawn and maybe the Greeks will re-spawn, which will probably mean the death of the Byzantines (unless a good human player can fight them off). Kind of like how Babylonia is pretty much doomed to be taken over by its neighbors in the current game, perhaps the Byzantines are pretty much doomed to not make it through to modern times.

Greece will obviously get the region for the ancient period, then the Byzantines will come along and reign for a few centuries

So, in one point of time, all the Greek cities will become Byzantine, so Greece=Byzantium? So why include them in such a case?

Or an idea is;

If the Roman Empire conquers Constantinople and most or all of Greece and a city in Anatolia, if the stability of the empire turns to shaky or unstable a division will occur. The East Roman Empire i.e Byzantium will spawn and take control of Constantinople and few cities around it.

Guys, just a thought, but why would Rhye add in any more civs? As it is, it already takes the average user here 60+ minutes to generate an America start, and adding in more civs is going to make the situation worse. More civs would also mean some of you would have to upgrade your RAM.

I would rather see more ideas like the recent Conquerors event added in. Maybe some special corporation stuff too, like taking over a whole civ by buying them.

I say screw Byzantium. The 'Byzantines' never called themselves that. There's the Roman Empire and that's it.

Just saw this, and wow! Congratulations Rhye!

This is great.

Probably Justinian will become another possible leader for the Greeks. Makes the most sense, the map is otherwise just too small.

We'll definitely see the South East Asian civ in (given that they are included in bts). The rest is rather up for grabs. The Native Americans will probably not get in, as Rhye so far has stated that he would like to see the barren landscape of NA open for American colonization (and not conquest). That makes much sense to me, perhaps with an overhaul of diplomatics, Sitting Bull, Brennus and Shaka could pop up as Independents/Barbarians. I hope the Maya get in, although the map might be too small there. Nevertheless, a duel Maya-Aztec would be cool and would the Aztecs give an opportunity to use their uu.
Portugal and Netherlands are a though choice as they might be included a) with an enlarged Europe - don't think so, b) as one-city-in-europe-civs or c) as colonial late-starter Empires only (Portugal with Capital Rio, The Dutch with Batavia or CapeTown). Babylon is given, Sumeria out (Gilgamesh second leader for B?). If the map is remade to add more comfort here and there (it is a BIG project after all, not an update to BTS), we'll maybe see Maya, the Europeans AND Korea in which I would think would deserve a spot (although at the moment, Beijing and Japan are choking them).

That's just for the civs, I think we will see all kinds of other cool features again.

mick

EDIT: Oh, btw. just forgot to add that I am really happy and excited by this new, might be apparent though ;)

At last!
I was wondering when this news would have come out...many of you probably had already guessed what was the "secret project", and here is it.
Actually, at first it should have been something different. I gave up in time and switched later to RFC.

As you can imagine, I'm not allowed to say any detail. However I just asked if I can post a little screenshot of one of the civs included...

This is going to be fabulous (and probably further ruin my social life)!

Now, I think there are 3 options:

1 The map stays as it is and 1 or 2 new civ is added, Europe is already too crowded to accept Poland, Portugal, The Netherlands... or Aztecs to accept Mayas. And the mod focuses on incorporating the numerous novelties of Bts

2 All civs become playable but not all at the same time. That would add an unexpected touch to the mod as, for example, playing as Rome, you wouldn't know wether the Spanish or the French or the Bizantines would spawn, while as it is now, you always know which ones are going to spaw, and when. That would be a lot of work for Rhye, though.

3 Something completely different and that I ve been hoping for a long time, RFC on a Europe map, allowing for more European civs to be played at the same time.

This is good news indeed.

We will not have to wailt for RFC to be updated for the expansion and, hopefully, the boys at Praxis did a few things to help spice the mod up to make it even better than it already is.

It is also good to see that Ryle's hard work is paying off.

With all the Mods and new features (esp. real Corporations) Beyond the Sword is really shaping up to be the best Civ expansion ever made.

the only way this mod could get better is if it was professionally made.

I disagree. CFC has a lot of extremely talented people here, as Firaxis has obviously noticed.

However I just asked if I can post a little screenshot of one of the civs included...

It's been a couple days since I was able to update the thread, I'm getting a little twitchy! :D

Going through the code, I think I found two of the civs to be added.

Check your mods/RFC/Assets/Phython/Riseandfall.py file. In there, you'll find under the playable civ lists Holland and Portugal (The # means to skip that line).

Long time ago i made a topic about it, and Rhye said that he made this in the time of the release of Warlords...

Top Bottom