RFC Classical World

3 of my recent attempts at conquest civs:
Han
Spoiler :

Kushans
Spoiler :

Sassanids
Spoiler :

all of which were challenging and fun despite the economic woes being a little restrictive. it seems to be almost impossible to conquer and tech at the same time in this mod, which could be a good thing I guess, but I think the overall maintenance costs should come down a little, at least for some civs.

latest revision is 16

I have to download because I deleted the previous folder :/

there is a .svn folder in the latest regular download folder, but when I extract it, it gets lost.. weird!

how can I change the repository url? I try : right click-> tortoise svn -> relocate and when I paste the new url I get an error message ..

Delete all your RFCCW stuff. Now go in the mods folder. Right click -> tortoise svn -> checkout -> new url -> when download finished, rename the folder RFC Classical World.

@srpt: it's the lack of courthouses, which don't really come into play for most civs. I only could start on courthouses around 800 AD as the Arabs, for example.

revision 17

Empire civic reduces number of cities maintenance by 25%, but not distance maintenance, Bureaucracy civic does distance, not number of cities.

@srpt:

1) is the "+1 stability" on the courthouse effect text still valid?

2) the noble/spiritual/merchant event where you choose between stability, happiness+piety or gold is broken because the stability option no longer works. Also, the piety option is not desirable for any civ without a state religion, which is the majority of them. I'd consider altering it considerably, but I do consider the idea behind that event (multiple choices) very good.

courthouses still have a stability effect but it isn't +1. they reduce the effect that your periphery population has on stability.

yes that event could be changed

game fixed! Thank you Crossphazer for your valuable help!

I ll start an Armenian and a Byzantine game and I will continue them till Arab spawn to see some AI behaviour!

So glad I found this! I'm trying to decide who to play my first game as; I'd like to see how the game pans out with the AI and whatnot, but I'm not sure how long the game goes. Anyone have the ending year for the mod? Thanks!

Random idea: 1/4 chance of Seleucid+Ptolemid conquerors in Anatolia to kill of Antigonids and send them to Macedonia? If the event happens, it could also trigger a special Roman response (I'm thinking of Rome's war with the Seleucids because they were alarmed by his westward expansion).

So glad I found this! I'm trying to decide who to play my first game as; I'd like to see how the game pans out with the AI and whatnot, but I'm not sure how long the game goes. Anyone have the ending year for the mod? Thanks!

830 AD is the end date, but in the 320 BC start civs, UHVs usually finish before 200 AD.

830 AD is the end date, but in the 320 BC start civs, UHVs usually finish before 200 AD.

Thanks a lot! I really like the idea of following Late Antiquity until the fall of the `Abbasids - that's how it's finally being treated in the literature.

I've decided to try the Ptolemaic Kingdom, but I've found the UP doesn't work. On the city screen it shows +25% for leader, but this doesn't actually work (also, I believe it is supposed to be +50%).

I'm also confused about how to get Hellenic Wisdom (I'm actually unsure about a lot, but this is the nature of a new game).

This looks soooo cool - I'm very excited. Just hoping to get the UP for Egypt fixed so I can use an engineer to build one of the wonders. This is quite an ambitious undertaking with fantastic results. Well done!

To get Hellenic Wisdom you'll have to build the Hellenic Shrine in Athens, which is the Holy city of Hellenism! So dont spare your great prophet immediately !

Generally wisdom is produced by holy shrines

Might I inquire as to the removal of the Iberia and Lusitania from Carthage's border provinces, and Southern Italy from its contested province? Ninety percent of the fun of playing Carthage is impaling Cato the Elder on an elephant's tusk and making the Western Mediterranean write without vowels!

The reduction of the Balearic Isles to a single tile I also do not comprehend.

added those provinces to Carthage's normal regions

I think the other Balaeric isles got removed by mistake when I shifted Spain east. I will fix them.

Just a cool idea, I don't know if its too fluffy for this mod's plans, but what if an Arena building was slavery-only, and its function was to sacrifice slaves for temporary happiness? Towards the unstable period of Rome it could come to a point where constant gladiatorial games would be necessary to maintain happiness and stability.

new version up

added the Armored Elephant: str 9, requires elephants, elephant training and scale armor

the Huns should no longer spawn with a capital is southern Italy

Roman civil wars are limited to 2 if starting from 320BC, 1 if starting from 80BC, none if starting from 220AD

also the Byzantine 2nd goal (silk worms) has been replaced by "make Constantinople the largest and most cultured city in 600AD"

edit: at revision 22 now, many barb spawns moderated, heavy horse archers and swordsmen do not come as early or often until after 400AD

new version up

Thanks - I have enjoyed my first 2 games (Egypt and Rome), but did you fix Egypt's UP? It seems like the UB is meant to get an engineer quickly to rush one of the wonders, but this isn't possible without the UP.

Also, I have some suggestions for UHV for Rome and Egypt:

-Egypt is highly science and GP oriented, so perhaps you might replace the 7 Med ports goal to something along those lines. Maybe "settle x number of GP (or specifically great scholars) in Alexandria by some date." Or, "be first in tech at a certain date."

-I would like to see the Roman Empire last a little longer - at least long enough to build Trajan's Column and enjoy the sweet empire. I would suggest "control the greatest extent in AD 125 AND hold it until AD 250 or thereabouts".

But please do look into Egypt's UP, if not the UHV. Again, I am soooo impressed by the level of ambition and work put into this, and so far I really like the product. Thanks for putting this together!!

The problem with the in 250 AD Roman UHV date is that it would force some players who want to win the UHV ASAP to play through 100 years of what could very well be pretty boring gameplay (all your enemies are vanquished). Nothing's preventing you from playing well past the UHV date though. I know it's hard to ignore UHVs (I feel bad if I fail one), but there are other ways to play the game which are equally as fun (Seleucid 830 AD survival game anyone?) :)

Bactrians need to be buffed- they never conquer a city in India (also because the Mauryans have taken those northwest cities), and they don't even conquer Samarkand consistently.

Also, the Antigonids should have Cyprus and Rhodes as border/historical provinces.

Edit: Artacoana needs to added to the Persian city name map (as itself, now that we have Alexandria Ariana).

Bactrians need to be buffed- they never conquer a city in India (also because the Mauryans have taken those northwest cities), and they don't even conquer Samarkand consistently.

Yes.

Also, the Antigonids should have Cyprus and Rhodes as border/historical provinces.

Checked wiki's opinion on it:

Spoiler :

Confirmed.

Edit: Artacoana needs to added to the Persian city name map (as itself, now that we have Alexandria Ariana).

I'd get to it but srpt is probably already on it.

Top Bottom