1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[RFC:E] . The Roman Emperors

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Danger Bird, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Danger Bird

Danger Bird gravity's angel

Letters from military men and soldiers on the eastern front were collected by a Alexandrian trader in the years after the chaos of 641. They give some clues to the events during the reign of another short-lived emperor, Heraklonas.

Heraklonas, son of Heraclius and Martina, rejects Arab demands.

From a captain in the travelling detachment of the excubitores (the emperor's guard), writing from the provisional military capital of Antioch, to a co-conspirator, a fellow captain in the 1st Tyre Tourma:

From a soldier of the 1st Tyre Tourma, encamped near Antioch, writing to a certain Joseph, apparently an old Greek friend from Tyre and now a refugee in Antioch:

The 1st Tyre Tourma arrives in the north, reporting that the garrison at Tyre has defected to the enemy.

Jews and Monophysite Christians in Syria and Palestine welcome the Arab invaders.

2. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

I am not sure if it has to do with the number of civs knowing the advance only. There are historical dates for discovering any advance (the corresponding info file is in RFCE package).

RE Mercenaries: I was able to hire Avar Horse Archers right after I researched the tech. It is strange you don't have any yet...

3. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

Part of the reason I always agree on flip is that Arabs get some units in southern Egypt (not sure if that was fixed in Beta 13). It is easier to reconquer Tyre and Jerusalem, rather than give Arabs more troops.

4. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

I think a Byzantium game might make me rage quit.

5. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Great update.

6. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

:bump: