1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Epic/Marathon

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by embryodead, Feb 19, 2010.

1. KMRblue1027

KMRblue1027 The Crown!

Ugh now I'm torn. DoC, RFC:E/M, 1.22 or my extremely modded version of RFC:E/M 1.21. :mad:

2. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Not atm, what's the problem with mediafire?

3. GodRaimundo

GodRaimundo Chieftain

Not sure, the download links just don't work. :dunno:

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

5. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

It won't work if you have javascript disabled (also because of AdBlock or NoScript Firefox plug-ins). I can try uploading to AtomicGamer as well but that site causes much more problems & has waiting time.

6. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

You can use WinMerge to update your mod to 1.22 - I listed the affected files in the announcement post.

7. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

it has been mentioned earlier, but there is a windows 7 64bit bug in rfcmarathon (and dawn of civilization and all other mods that use rfcmarathon as a base)
    Civ4 bts works fine on this computer, all mods works fine, but whenever i try and run a mod based rfcmartahon it crashes. I enabled logging and will post the crash, it is worth mentioning, it does not give any error, but whenever you try and load rfcmarathon (from .exe or from ingame menu) nothing happens! tried administrator way and windows xp compatibly, still no luck. I saw this mentioned earlier in this thread, but no one gave him an answer.
    Spoiler :
    [7640.117] DBG: CIV Init
    [7640.117] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    [7640.117] VERSION: Build: Mon May 19 06:20:16 2008
    [7640.117] VERSION: 3.1.3.1 (104717)
    [7640.866] VERSION: Mod Loaded: Mods\RFCMarathon\
    [7640.866] DBG: FILE Cat Init

8. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Dalgaard, could you tell if this happens with my other mod - SoI? It's not really based on RFCMarathon though shares some stuff. I thought it could be my compiler, but if it happens with DoC as well it's rather puzzling.

Anyone else able (or unable) to run RFCM/DoC on Windows 7 64-bit?

9. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

Sword of Islam does indeed not work, same thing.
    I am not sure if this is helpful, but when running rfcmarathon from .exe, it does change the color scheme to windows basic (like when running normal civ4bts).
    However, after changing the color scheme, nothing happens.
    Also, I am not sure if windows 7 64 bit is the problem, because I installed windows 7 64bit on my old computer, and RFCmarathon still works here. Although, my old computer was prolly never ment to have 64 bit. And my old computer, does not change color scheme.

10. corovanrobber

corovanrobber King

Works completely.

11. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Agreed. My modmodmod works nicely (despite my bugs).

12. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

Well as I can tell from this thread, I am not the first person in the world to get this error, and it only happens to embryodead's mods. However I am very unaware of why this happens, since civ gives bad logs, and windows gives no error aswell. It just does not work.:undecide:

13. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

not sure if this is helpful, but I did some debugging myself, and the problem is within "assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll" well atleast, if I delete this file then I can run rfcmarathon

14. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

CvGameCoreDLL.dll is the core game engine, or at least the part that can be edited and recompiled by modding. So you need that in order to run the mod, because much of the code (the C++ portion of it anyway) is contained within. If you delete it you break the mod, pretty much.

15. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

yea I realize this, if I delete it, or replace it with the standard game engine. I can start the game, but obviously when I actually enter a scenario it tells me I lost immediately. But there is something inside Embryodead's game core that stops my computer from running rfcmarathon

16. Dalgaard

Dalgaard Chieftain

Success for me, I replaced CvGameCoreDLL.dll in rfcmarathon with CvGameCoreDLL.dll from the original rhyes and fall, and it works, playing as egypt now.

17. Baldyr

Baldyr "Hit It"

No, it isn't working. Sure, you can launch the mod, but its broken. embryodead has added a lot of stuff in the DLL in order to make the mod-mod work.

18. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Dalgaard, out of curiosity, can you run any custom DLL mod at all? Other than the mods that came with BTS disc?

I'm talking about stuff like FFH2, RoM, Realism Invictus, Dune Wars, Planetfall etc. (big mods that use custom DLLs). I'm fairly sure you're the only non-Mac person having problems with this, so I think it must be something with your hardware setup.

19. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Hi! I've copied your CvMainInterface.py file but I get just one (GP) of the icons (stability helper, GP inf by NeverMind...). How should I copy the rest of them?

20. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

There are two possible issues:
    - you also need to copy font files from Assets/res/fonts ; they contain the new icons
    - GP and GG icons appear only if GP rate / GG points are > 0