1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Europe Files

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by 3Miro, Oct 14, 2008.

1. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

Negative progress; the game now crashes before the civ choice screen.

Logs attached.

Attached Files:

2. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Makes no sense. The only difference in the .dll file is in the loading after the main menu. Are you sure you are using the Nov 16 version of RFCE. Also the .dll file should go into the RFCEurope\Assets.

3. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

I'm positive. I just reinstalled RFCE from the Nov. 16 .rar to check. I'm putting the updated .dll file in the assets folder, where it replaces the existing one (which is the same size, but modified a day earlier).

I don't have some of the other files you had me add earlier installed, as I'd just reinstalled the RFCE folder. Should I go back and re-add those?

Update: Now the program crashes before the select civ screen even with the older .dll file. I'm going to try tossing everything and restarting again.

4. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

At one point you had it to the point where you could choose a civ. The .dll is supposed to help the crash afterwards. Was it right after you used the .ini file that I send you.

5. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

Ok, re-downloaded and re-installed the Nov. 16 version, after wiping everything and restarting. It continues to crash to desktop upon the launch of the civ choice screen.

I can go back and add in the small xml and dll files attached previously, but this seems to be a new set of issues. Should I go back to the Nov. 13 version?

Log attached.

Attached Files:

6. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Can you see the screen and choose a civ. If so, then try to replace the .dll file with the one I gave you earlier.

7. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

Previously, I was able to do that; currently, I am not. It seems like the November 16 version worked yesterday; I'm not sure what changed between now and then that would have messed it up.

8. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

And the entire time the rest of Civ IV works well?

I don't know what to say. The only other thing that comes to my mind it reinstall the entire operating system, but that would probably be too much trouble. When I give out the next version of the mod I will add another .dll file that you can try if the first one doesn't work.

9. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

I'm not sure that I can reinstall the whole OS - the computer technically belongs to my school and not to me, and I'm supposed to minimize the degree to which it is messed around with. I appreciate your efforts at help, and I'm sorry that it's been such a struggle. If nothing ends up working, I can make changes to the map by pulling up an old version, flagging tiles, and sending you a spreadsheet with resources or changes listed.

Wait, new problem. Now ordinary civ mods don't work either. !^&#@^* I'll reinstall BTS again, I guess.

10. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Try this:
    1. Uninstall BtS.
    2. Uninstall Civ IV.
    3. Delete everything in Program Files\Firaxis Games
    4. Delete everything in My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword ( NOTE: except possibly save directory with the savegames, but move them somewhere else and don't bring them back until everything is working)
    5. Install Civ IV
    6. Make sure Civ IV works.
    7. Install BtS.
    8. Make Sure it works.
    9. Install the latest version of RFC (not RFC Europe, but RFC).
    10. Update BtS to 3.18 (actually probably you can install RFC after the update, but justin case do it the other way around).
    11. Make sure everything works, mods and regular BtS.
    12. Install RFCEurope Nov16 (just put the directory in place).
    13. If not working, try replacing the Civilization.ini file in My Games\Beyond the Sword with the one posred by me earlier. (back up the existing Civilization.ini).
    14. If not working, try to replace the CvGameCoreDLL with the on that I posted earlier. (back up the original RFCE CvGameCoreDLL.dll)
    15. Report how far did you get on each step, what seems to be working and what not.

11. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

BTS 3.17 is the latest version available AFAIK. Do you have a source for the 3.18 version?:confused:

12. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

I wish I did, latest RFC version was something .18 and BtS is 3.17:mischief:

13. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

It'll probably be a few days before I can get to this, but thanks for the tech support. I'll check back in after trying it.

14. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

After full removal/reinstall and patching, I can run the most recent version. Thanks for the tech support - updated resource and city placements coming tomorrow.

15. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

any chance to use filefront instead of rapidshare ?

16. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

I'll try using filefront for the next upload. Since 3Miro indicated he would be gone/busy this next week, I intend to post full uploads incorporating my work. I have made a bunch of little changes and plan to incorporate St. Lucifer's modified map (when it's done) into the next test version.

17. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

The map update is finished. Updated version is attached.

Changes made:
    -Coastlines of England, Scotland, Ireland, Netherlands, and Italy updated as per Cornelio's suggestions.
    -Moved the mountain in Sicily; added a mountain to Wales as per Jessiecat's suggestion.
    -Made some terrain modifications in England as per Jessiecat's suggestions.
    -Added some moorland to Sweden and Gotland.
    -Went through the map and added resources to most locations. Russia/Ukraine may need some additional modification, as may Germany - I wanted to see where the cities spawned before adding anything.
    -Changed some terrain in N. Africa to plains from desert, particularly around Marrakech.
    -Removed some of the sugar from the Canaries/Azores to make sugar less common/accessible except by colonization. Deleted the nearest Canaries in the interests of geographic accuracy. Added salt to one of the islands in the Canaries and Azores.
    -Shrunk the Pripet marshes a little to make them more accurately sized.
    -Removed corn from the map; replaced it with barley.
    -Eliminated much of the gold, silver, gems, dyes, and incense from the map. Added cotton to Turkey and Egypt. Replaced some of the luxury resources in W. Europe with honey.
    -Moved several independent cities - Bordeaux, Tolouse, Caen, Pisae, Firenze, Milano, Tours.
    -Deleted several independent cities - Calaris, Ajacco, Pamplona north, Caen, Tours, Freiburg, Graz.
    -Added Augsburg as an independent.
    -Deleted the far NW Byzantine city (I've forgotten the name); made Rhodes an independent.

I think this is the list, although I may be forgetting things. I'll add updates as I remember them.

Attached Files:

18. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

I like your changes very much. Esp. England which looks much more realistic now. I like your addition of Augsburg and ditching of Graz. As far as the next list of indies go I'd like to keep the no. in the Germany/Poland area fairly limited though as well as in Britain. My suggestion would be;
    Dublin
    York
    Edinburgh
    Tonsberg (flips to the Norse)
    Lubeck
    Leipzig
    Prague
    Gdansk (flips to Poland?)
    Memel
    Krakow or Breslau

As for Russia, I would have it as:
    Novgorod
    Vologda
    Yaroslavl (flips to Moscow?)
    Smolensk (flips to Moscow?)
    Minsk
    Kharkov
    with Khazan and Samara as barb cities.

I would leave out Kherson as it seems to be grabbed by Bulgaria in every game I've seen and we really want them to expand south and west not north. I think its important to encourage the AI to build in these areas so I've tried to keep the list to a bare minimum. What do you think of this?

19. Barak

Barak Emperor

Where do I put the updated map?

20. hendriksen

hendriksen Chieftain

In RFC europe/public maps

There should already be 2 other worldbuilder saves....;)