RFC Europe Files

Hey,

I've posted a new version. See my post at the start of this thread for a download link and list of changes.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7353675&postcount=2

Or get it directly here:
http://files.filefront.com/RFCEurope+test+Nov23zip

Just substituting in St. Lucifer's map will start Frankia and Burgundia with double units, so I suggest using this new version -- apart from all the other changes.

For some reason, the filefront link redirects to the main page with no option of downloading the file. Can you put a copy on rapidshare, as well, please?

Love the additions and changes in the newest version.

But in RFC, longbows absolutely upgrade to riflemen. So while they probably shouldn't upgrade to muskets, they should upgrade to Line Infantry (or whatever they are called)

tried to DL the newest version, but there seems to be no file associated with it. The zipped folder contains 4 items, 2 folders and 2 files, but cant be copied.

Just looks weird...

I thin i understand what i did. I assume that the nov_23 is replacement files, NOT a whole new version.

Of course I have also reached my limit for free downloads on rapidshare, so I need to DL the Nov_21 version then DL the 23rd files some other way (i dont want to pay for the right naturally.

Any way to load the Nov 21 file on filefront?

I was able to DL the Nov21 version, never mind.

Still not sure what to do with the new files though (i must be missing something)

I had the same problem with weird duplicate files. But then I used WinZip instead of the default zip file opener that comes with Windows and it worked. Try using a different unzipper program. The newest version is complete - you don't replace any files with it.

I had the same problem with weird duplicate files. But then I used WinZip instead of the default zip file opener that comes with Windows and it worked. Try using a different unzipper program. The newest version is complete - you don't replace any files with it.

That's correct, the new version is totally complete. You should delete old versions and install this. I'm posting complete versions for the next week or so while 3Miro is on vacation.

Stupid question, but how do I use WinZip? My only option with the downloaded file is to "open"

That's correct, the new version is totally complete. You should delete old versions and install this. I'm posting complete versions for the next week or so while 3Miro is on vacation.

There is a problem with the newest version. Its a lot smaller than the Nov21 version and seems to lack files from it. Like the Arabs don't get mosques anymore when they found Islam. Why should the Nov23 version only have about 47,000K when the Nov21 one has over 53,600K?

i noticed the size difference as well.

Ok, managed to use a different program to unzip, but the new folder is missing the folder "CvGameCoreDLL"

Hmmm... I removed the CvGameCoreDLL from the upload because I understood that just to be the source code from which the .dll is compiled. That is why the new version is smaller.

That shouldn't have broken the Arab UP though, so maybe something is screwy. It seems some people have had no problem downloading and playing?

So the entire folder isn't needed? Interesting.

Seems to load properly this time for me. Starting as the Norse to see how early civs develop.

Hmmm... I removed the CvGameCoreDLL from the upload because I understood that just to be the source code from which the .dll is compiled. That is why the new version is smaller.

That shouldn't have broken the Arab UP though, so maybe something is screwy. It seems some people have had no problem downloading and playing?

Two other differences I've just spotted. All the civ names on the opening menu have reverted back to what they were before. (ie Venice as opposed to the Republic of Venice). And the 3 Russian indy cities have disappeared.
Although some map changes are there other stuff seems like its from an older version. Maybe the CoreDLL is necesssary after all?:confused:

Hi Jessie,

Are you sure you completely deleted the old version before installing the new one? I just deleted my folder, downloaded the version off rapidshare, installed it, and opened up a game. Arabian UP seems to work just as advertised. I'm not sure what the details of the map changes you're talking about are...

Hi Jessie,

Are you sure you completely deleted the old version before installing the new one? I just deleted my folder, downloaded the version off rapidshare, installed it, and opened up a game. Arabian UP seems to work just as advertised. I'm not sure what the details of the map changes you're talking about are...

OK. Just tried it again. Deleted everything. Reloaded Nov.23 version. Arabian UP seems to work. Still has the old civ opening menu though. Russian indies still missing. I didn't realize they'd been cut out. Maybe its OK now.

Top Bottom