• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RFC Europe Files

Well one statement doesn't make someone a troll, but now that I see he posted the same thing in a few other threads I don't know what his intentions are.

I can't get this mod to start. I'm downloading it in BtS/Mods/ but whenever I try to open it, it says "invalid mod" and crashes on me.

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to get this to work? I really want to play this.

I can't get this mod to start. I'm downloading it in BtS/Mods/ but whenever I try to open it, it says "invalid mod" and crashes on me.

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to get this to work? I really want to play this.

Download the Mod. (or wait for 1 or 2 days, then we will have a new version). Unzip the Mod in:
C:/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods
Then load the mod. (or double click on the WB save in the Public maps.

Have you updated your BtS to 3.19? If not, you have to, in order to run RFCE. Good luck. :)

Doh, I didn't bother to check for the newest version of RFCE. I just downloaded the latest one in the second post. I feel so stupid, haha. Thanks anyways guys. I'm playing right now as Portugal. Looks promising. :)

Do you guys know what percentage RFC Europe is at?

It is playable, so you can play and test it anytime you like. :)
If you take it in percentages, I think that late Alpha stages (where is where RFCE is atm) translate into 70%.

It is playable, so you can play and test it anytime you like. :)
If you take it in percentages, I think that late Alpha stages (where is where RFCE is atm) translate into 70%.

Speaking of which... sorry I've been absent the last couple of weeks. Look for a new release first week of May. If I can work out a couple of things I may even call it a beta.

This game is clearly beta. At least! :)

But shouldnt the file thread be sticky?

I think a new map has been passed since the date of the given sample, which was made by another Russian.

Forgive my English - I write with the translator...

The card was done by me. But now I speak about names of cities.

Which is what I meant as well, in post 811. I think it was PSYX who made the new city name map, IIRC.

Which is what I meant as well, in post 811. I think it was PSYX who made the new city name map, IIRC.
Papa1 says he's keeping an eye on all the mod's updates, but names of the Russian cities were not actually changed. They still do not correspond locations of the real cities. The game places Kharkov on the site of real Kursk. And so on.

He doesn't know anything about PSYX's map. The correct names and locations of Russian cities can be found in the file attached to this post. Names of the current map are wrong.

I am sorry, but apparently the file attached in the hyper-linked post has no city names on it, just different geography of Russia. Tried opening with both notepad and civ, no result :(

The file is ok. It should be loaded in the MOD, then opened in WB, and you'll see marks with names on the Russian lands. That's it.

Okay, got it. File will be transferred whenever I find the time to. Thanks!

We're still on track for a first beta later this week. Hopefully my request for our own subforum will also come through by then. I have posted Alpha 12 to sourceforge (see the second post of this thread). Please report any bugs you find in Alpha 12, so we can fix them before the Beta. You can suggest balance changes or new content but they will NOT be changed for the first Beta (as such things tend to introduce new bugs).

Top Bottom